Okay so here is the story with my car. I am more than a little upset about this.
As many of you know my car was damaged and has been out of comission since July 4th. It went into the shop, advanced collision technologies in Torrence CA.
Anyway, I have begun to grow impatient with the wait, and the line we are waiting for parts.... Yesterday I went to the repair place and asked to see my car. It is completely repaired. I was told that the repairs had just been finished 20 minutes before I arrived. I was a little suspect of the answer though as there was 30 pounds of dust all over every inch of my car.
The service man there had told me that he was waiting for some paperwork and that it would be fine to pick up tomorrow (which of course is today). I was suspicious that my car had been repaired for a while and it was being held as collateral against the insurance company to make sure that they kept paying for a loaner cor for me so that the body shop would get thier check.
I went back today, and spoke with a person there who understood that I was going to pick the car up this afternoon. I arrived at around 5:00 pm and was told they would not release the car to me. Apparently they had not gotten approval on the final supplemental insurance adjustment and could not release the car to me without a final bill.
My reaction to this was one of complete frustration. They cost of the parts is well know, and I don't see how this is taking so F-ing long. The suplemental should have been handled a long time ago, and the total cost of repairs to my car now stands at 22,000 and change plus the aditional 3 to 4 thousand of rental car that has been covered.
I must say that I am very angry about this situation and feel as though I am being manipulated by the body shop to make sure thye get thier money. For clarification, the other person's insurance is paying for everything, so they don't care if I am satisfied or not. The best I can figure is that the body shop is contecnt to let Enterprise keep charging a daily rental fee to make sure they get the "paperwork" finalized. I feel completely manipulated and they told me that if the insurance company refuses to pay for the asjustment, I will be responsible, and unless I pay it, they STILL WON'T RELEASE THE CAR TO ME!! Hopefully I will get the car tomorrow, but something tells me that the estimator/and paperwork and everything else will prevent me from taking posession of MY car again tomorrow.
I am wondering if anyone knows anything about the laws that may apply to this kind of case. The work is done, it is NOT my liability, and they are holding my property hostage.
The good news is that I am auditioning for a role on Pamela Anderson's new show STACKED tomorrow. That will be quite rewarding, and beyond every young adolescent's fantasy if I get to work with her.