5Likes
  • 1 Post By gstomp06
  • 1 Post By AZelise
  • 2 Post By turbophil
  • 1 Post By Lotusxs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Trouble Contacting BOE

Does anyone have information on whether BOE is closed, super-slammed?

I'm trying to upgrade my FastWorks tune from an NA Torque200 to a MP62 Torque250 but I haven't been able to get anyone to pick-up or answer an email for over a week now.

I see @turbophil hasn't posted here since late January, and he is the man I understand with regards to the Torque tunes.

Can anyone provide any information?

2006 Lotus Elise in Laser Blue
2013 Subaru WRX in Dark Gray Metallic
2008 BMW E90 M3 in Alpine White
2005 Honda S2000 in Suzuka Blue {SOLD}
2000 Aprilia RSV Mille R in Black {SOLD}
2001 Suzuki SV650s in Candy Grand Blue {SOLD}
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX in Electric Blue {RIP}
2004 Kawasaki Ninja 250R in Nocturne Blue {RIP}
1987 Nissan 300ZX in Red Pearl {SOLD}
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 02:18 PM

I've been in contact with Andrew a little over a week ago. Usually it'll be a combination of an email and a follow up email as a reminder. And they'll get back to me. Sometimes I've had luck leaving a voicemail. And sometimes they've gotten back to me right away after the first email. Really kind of random.

Also I believe they have a secretary that takes calls and notes on voicemails. Or at least that was what I experienced a couple times.
NoFear99 likes this.

2007 Chrome Orange Lotus Elise
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 04:34 PM

I have the same issues. I sent a few emails but no replies yet.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 04:50 PM

I have been waiting for a call back for over a month...

2006 Elise with BOE 400 supercharger and some aero mods, CRF floating oversized rotors, MCS single adjust coil overs, CRF exhaust, CRF sway bar w/adjustable link, mono-ball pivots, machined steer arms, baffled oil pan, CRF titanium toe link brace, hardened motor mounts, Ethos wheels w/Yoko slicks
http://www.cedarridgefabrication.com/
https://www.facebook.com/Cedar-Ridge...74315732690699
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 06:20 PM

I as well.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 06:23 PM
2006 Exige

Garage
I e-mailed on Dec 20th about purchasing a Torque200 tune and never heard back.

They are so busy they don't want my money.

I still want their tune though! I guess I'll have to wait until things calm down...
NoFear99 likes this.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 07:02 PM

I contacted them a few weeks ago.. said they were booked out to April for a REV install.. for what it is worth.

Emails usually took a few days / week for response. be patient.

2006 Lotus Exige: Avery Matte Graphite wrap, partial built motor (9:1 Mahle pistons, Ferrea Competition valves, ACT Clutch, ARP head studs), REV300(ish) TVS, Nitron SAs, BOE QS exhaust, Ultradisc rotors, Moroso Oil pan, Circuitworks oil pump, CF Stuff (Cup Roof, ReVerie diffusor, side scoops, APR air dam, craftsquare mirrors), Worksbell quick release, Odyssey PC625, Morimoto Xenon HID
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 08:00 PM
Plug Whisperer

Apologies..

I wish Lotus advice were a commodity and something that Andrew or I could just beam over to someone else to help field the flood of inquiries we get each and every day. We spend every spare minute of the day answering tech questions, but we have to keep working in the shop too, as our our technicians need to lean on us, and we have to keep developing, etc, etc... we have some very exciting developments for this year to bring you all (you're going to love them!), we're sponsoring and helping develop 4 world challenge cars, and we have a 2 month back log in the shop that seems to be perpetual. We have no business debt. So for those above that asked if we're still in business, at least as far as I know, we are still in business and have no danger of going out of business or needing bankruptcy laws to negotiate pennies on the dollar to folks we owe money to since we don't owe anyone money....

We have recently added another engineer and another technician to the team, but the training process is months and months, not days. So some relief is there for us to help more on the phone and email tech questions at some point, but when???? I wish I knew...

That said, I really wish we could get to everyone's questions timely. I truly do. There's not enough money in this business to intentionally disappoint people. We do this for the love of the sport and the hobby of making really great cars for really great people that are weird enough to love Lotus cars like we are. My suggestion is to simply email or call back. You're not being a pest. The squeaky wheel gets the oil as they say. If we don't get you back in 24-48 hours, then just ping back. The phone literally rings non-stop all day long and the emails are similar. Once you're in our little family, we're pretty good about catching up with you and there are plenty of people on this forum and off that would testify to that. We prioritize questions with our products needing imeditate attention over the "what if" inquiries. That isn't to say we don't field a lot of "what if" inquiries! again, just ping back, and/or if you're wanting to place an order, just do it online...

Online orders work good. We have plenty of staff to keep the standard parts made and moving out just fine with only few exceptions. Tune requests are generally going well and generally I'm typically able to keep tune float down to 7 days or less. Our tunes are not canned and they take considerable time. We have detailed request forms and I build each tune with care between about 11pm and 2am after I'm off the dyno and family is asleep.

Hope that gives you some color around the situation.

Thanks,

Phil
Turbopun and TachItUp like this.

Phil: NASA 2012 and 2014 TT1 Central Champion, 2005 GG Elige, Rev400, 400+whp

2011 Pearl White Evora, BOE Skunk Works || 2005 GG Elise, Rev400, Street Car || 2006 CO Elise, Rev400, Steet Car

www.boefab.com: We Build Champions | Products-Service-Advice

BOE ClamHinge | BOE TVS SuperCharging, The Most Powerful Track-Worthy Forced Induction | EFI Engine Management | BOE The Essential Fuel Starve Solution| BOE Lotus Tow Package| BOE New-Tech Lotus Race Engines | The Right Oil Filter for Your Lotus | Custom Lotus ECU Tuning

Pain makes man Think. Thinking makes man Wise. Wisdom makes tracking a Lotus Endurable
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 08:04 PM
The Enforcer

Obviously business is good. Thanks for checking in Phil.

San

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 08:37 PM

He is always good about getting back to me when he can...and most of it is support which is pretty amazing considering the size of the shop and he is on hands with most of the cars.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 06:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbophil View Post
Apologies..

I wish Lotus advice were a commodity and something that Andrew or I could just beam over to someone else to help field the flood of inquiries we get each and every day. We spend every spare minute of the day answering tech questions, but we have to keep working in the shop too, as our our technicians need to lean on us, and we have to keep developing, etc, etc... we have some very exciting developments for this year to bring you all (you're going to love them!), we're sponsoring and helping develop 4 world challenge cars, and we have a 2 month back log in the shop that seems to be perpetual. We have no business debt. So for those above that asked if we're still in business, at least as far as I know, we are still in business and have no danger of going out of business or needing bankruptcy laws to negotiate pennies on the dollar to folks we owe money to since we don't owe anyone money....

We have recently added another engineer and another technician to the team, but the training process is months and months, not days. So some relief is there for us to help more on the phone and email tech questions at some point, but when???? I wish I knew...

That said, I really wish we could get to everyone's questions timely. I truly do. There's not enough money in this business to intentionally disappoint people. We do this for the love of the sport and the hobby of making really great cars for really great people that are weird enough to love Lotus cars like we are. My suggestion is to simply email or call back. You're not being a pest. The squeaky wheel gets the oil as they say. If we don't get you back in 24-48 hours, then just ping back. The phone literally rings non-stop all day long and the emails are similar. Once you're in our little family, we're pretty good about catching up with you and there are plenty of people on this forum and off that would testify to that. We prioritize questions with our products needing imeditate attention over the "what if" inquiries. That isn't to say we don't field a lot of "what if" inquiries! again, just ping back, and/or if you're wanting to place an order, just do it online...

Online orders work good. We have plenty of staff to keep the standard parts made and moving out just fine with only few exceptions. Tune requests are generally going well and generally I'm typically able to keep tune float down to 7 days or less. Our tunes are not canned and they take considerable time. We have detailed request forms and I build each tune with care between about 11pm and 2am after I'm off the dyno and family is asleep.

Hope that gives you some color around the situation.

Thanks,

Phil
Phil,

Appreciate the color

I didn't mean to imply you were out of business, just that I know you guys have to take vacation from time to time, or perhaps were off racing somewhere.

Just sent another email. I've purchased $1500 in parts from you guys so I'm hoping I can get into the fold of your inner circle at some point - I don't plan on going anywhere and my desired mod list is a mile long

~Brad

2006 Lotus Elise in Laser Blue
2013 Subaru WRX in Dark Gray Metallic
2008 BMW E90 M3 in Alpine White
2005 Honda S2000 in Suzuka Blue {SOLD}
2000 Aprilia RSV Mille R in Black {SOLD}
2001 Suzuki SV650s in Candy Grand Blue {SOLD}
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX in Electric Blue {RIP}
2004 Kawasaki Ninja 250R in Nocturne Blue {RIP}
1987 Nissan 300ZX in Red Pearl {SOLD}
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 04:20 PM

For a reference, I completed the online tune form and sent my ECU to BOE last month. It was shipped back on the seventh day and this included a 30 minute phone call to talk about the preferences for my car. I also received feedback about the ECU history of my car which was not expected.

We are in a small community with a lot of transient owners. We have to remind ourselves this Lotus thing is not like owning a Corvette/Camaro/Mustang. Yes, our suppliers sometimes have issues with response times. But with this comes the understanding if I had a true issue I could call down to BOE and talk to an expert with a world class understanding of my specific problem and how to fix it.
AZelise likes this.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 06:58 PM

Thanks for the update Phil, this explains a lot- Don't hesitate to tell us whats going on in the future!

I know the engine will come, this helps me understand what's up and explains the communication
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > General Discussion (Lotus related)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.