What is the funniest/most stupid comment you ever got? [Part 5] - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 08:40 AM   #1 (permalink)

What is the funniest/most stupid comment you ever got? [Part 5]

continued from Part 4 What is the funniest/most stupid comment you ever got? [Part 4])

Part 3 What is the funniest/most stupid comment you ever got? [Part 3])

Part 2 What is the funniest/most stupid comment you ever got? [Part 2])

Part 1 What is the funniest/most stupid comment you ever got?)

The greatest gift ever given, was our Salvation, the release from the bonds of addictions, and sins. To rise above the petty things that hold us down.

Last edited by Aedo; 10-29-2012 at 05:57 PM. Reason: retitled thread :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2012, 08:47 AM   #2 (permalink)

Selling spot #1 on part 5

Lol

I had a huge guy easily over 350lbs tell me last night when I was stopped to get gas
"Ey mane lemme get that car"
Before I even could realize I said "You wouldnt fit..."
He kinda looked at me oddly so I covered myself by describing how tiny the interior is.

Had 2 older ladies staring me down while at a stoplight yesterday too. Everytime i looked over they both turned and faced forward again lol. I'd look away for a sec then look back and bust them staring again. Was pretty funny.
06 Exige BRG - BWR Rev2.0+, BOE Fastworks tune, Lotus Cup Airbox, Lotus Cup Wheels, Weapon-R Header, Saikou Michi Catch Cans, GB Composites CF fuel door, footrest and mudflaps, HKFEVER CF lip and interior parts, Stan's shifter reinforcement, Difflow Railer diffuser and Aeroplates, S111 Wheel spacers, Front S111 sportINSERT, FTP CF side scoops, Jim-Clayton tow hook, Larini SE exhaust and decat pipe, and DDM HID kit w Trevor's Dual ring LED driving lights.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:44 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorkoracing View Post
Selling spot #1 on part 5

Lol

I had a huge guy easily over 350lbs tell me last night when I was stopped to get gas
"Ey mane lemme get that car"
Before I even could realize I said "You wouldnt fit..."
He kinda looked at me oddly so I covered myself by describing how tiny the interior is.

Had 2 older ladies staring me down while at a stoplight yesterday too. Everytime i looked over they both turned and faced forward again lol. I'd look away for a sec then look back and bust them staring again. Was pretty funny.
HAHA I thought you were going to say he car jacked you....

The greatest gift ever given, was our Salvation, the release from the bonds of addictions, and sins. To rise above the petty things that hold us down.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Such moderate

No way, I'm sticking to the other thread. Its not finished yet

Last edited by doge; 10-29-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

? Its there. Haha

Old 10-29-2012, 02:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Such moderate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podunks View Post
? Its there. Haha
what are you talking about?
Old 10-29-2012, 03:13 PM   #7 (permalink)

Pet Peeve:
Why is this thread still named "... while driving"? Most comments are not "while driving". You can see the original name in the list above, but back when part 4 ".. you ever got" was going, somebody started the "... while driving" thread in parallel (because they didn't bother to look for a thread that already existed on the subject), and a moderator merged them and kept the "... while driving" name. The original thread name was more appropriate and inclusive of the comments we get.

Moderator: I want the old name back so I stop being irritated.
(Yup, I have slight OCD tendencies on some things, but then I would guess a lot of the members here do as well.)
Old 10-29-2012, 04:46 PM   #8 (permalink)

....And might as well lock the [Part 4] thread and point it to this thread so people, mostly nubs, don't bring the old one back to life.

http://www.youtube.com/forkmeupscotty
Old 10-29-2012, 05:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
anglophile in exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
Pet Peeve:
Why is this thread still named "... while driving"? Most comments are not "while driving". You can see the original name in the list above, but back when part 4 ".. you ever got" was going, somebody started the "... while driving" thread in parallel (because they didn't bother to look for a thread that already existed on the subject), and a moderator merged them and kept the "... while driving" name. The original thread name was more appropriate and inclusive of the comments we get.

Moderator: I want the old name back so I stop being irritated.
(Yup, I have slight OCD tendencies on some things, but then I would guess a lot of the members here do as well.)
Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by forkmeupscotty View Post
....And might as well lock the [Part 4] thread and point it to this thread so people, mostly nubs, don't bring the old one back to life.
Done
Old 10-29-2012, 07:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
Orange

Ok - putting this one on this new thread so it doesn't lose traction.

Funny comments are great, but funny/insane comments with GoPro video are better!

______

uess you could call this a 'comment'.

Did a 'Chicago Drive' yesterday - check the 10/27 Spirited thread for details/etc. 30 cars - 20 or so Elise plus Exige, Esprit, 458 Italia, 430 Scud, GT3RS, McLaren MP4 and others.

I'm about middle of the pack. Go Pro resolution isn't great because of sun glare, but the net net is this crazy man - IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD - in his robe chasing cars with sticks in his hands. It was far more surreal in person, but he clearly can't appreciate sports cars!

-'08 Elise SC (Chrome Orange) - was stock for about an hour. Rota Torques, Difflow 3 element, Micro Mirror, Lidbone, upgraded speakers/headunit/amp, BMW M3 wheel studs, RLS nav mount, garage door remote mod, MrC radar bracket, hardwired GPS/radar, Larini SC, LotusShii glove box, Lowtush splitter, OnRailsEngineering double cup holder, carpeted interior. Ghost B.C. blasting from the stereo. 100% awesome.
-'14 Audi S4 Quattro (Daily Driver)
Old 10-29-2012, 08:02 PM   #11 (permalink)

With my halloween costume on the car today - I got a nice comment from a pair of girls walking by:

"Nice horny car."

Was hilarious.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
Back to the Future, again

So the other day I was out driving with the top down on the freeway and these people were next to me...

Them: Hey! (whoosh... rev...) So... (whoosh)... going? What? (whoosh...)
Me: YEAH! You (whoosh...) When... (whoosh) so, you bet (whoosh... rev... downshift)
Them: WHAT?
Me: I said (whoosh... rev) how do (whoosh... rev... rev... whoosh...) that's why!
Them: (something I can't understand)
Me: BYE!

the whoosh is the wind noise... and that's about pretty much every conversation I had with people while I was actually DRIVING the car.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:31 PM   #13 (permalink)

I have an Exige and keep the top on... so I get some funny thumbs ups from people on the highway and that's about it. If they make eye contact and thumbs up they get a smile back and an immediate show and some revs

Also, I got the finger for the first time the other day. The guy tried to cut me off so I downshifted and pulled in front of him then dropped back to the speed limit. It's like people don't appreciate getting cut off or something.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:07 PM   #14 (permalink)

Now why would somebody not appreciate getting cut off, especially when they were trying to do it first??

Old 10-29-2012, 11:19 PM   #15 (permalink)

i was at chick-fil-a on the second day of the local store opening, and they had 3 greeters at the door, and a couple workers walking out. I like to park close to the door so i can keep an eye on my car:

girl 1: wow, is that one of them erm.... electric cars
me: no. Its a lotus.
girl 2: thats a really cool car.
(chatter)
girl 3: you must be some kind of African prince or something
Woman 1 (after walking around the car): you must really pick up the ladies in that thing. So how much are we talking about
Me: not too much
woman: 40, 50, 60
Me:10
(she smirks)
(chatter)
woman: are we embarrassing you?
me: kinda
( I order my food and while waiting for it to come in)
girl4 (walking with girl 3): So where are you from
me: (mumble) Maryland
girl4: Ireland?
at this point I'm kinda tired, end of day friday and all
me: yea
(walking out)
girl 3 (to girls 1 and 2): hey he's from Ireland
girl 1 proceeds to tell me how she is going to scottland next year while I try to get out of there
2008 Buell XB9SX
2005 Honda Accord - King of the road
Old 10-29-2012, 11:21 PM   #16 (permalink)

I have found that the most popular phrase I use nowadays is "It's a lotus"
2008 Buell XB9SX
Old 10-29-2012, 11:50 PM   #17 (permalink)
Back to the Future, again

African prince from Ireland... that's a new one.

Prince Akeem M'fussa O'Shaunessy, I presume?
Old 10-30-2012, 12:32 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
African prince from Ireland... that's a new one.

Prince Akeem M'fussa O'Shaunessy, I presume?
2008 Buell XB9SX
Old 10-30-2012, 03:45 AM   #19 (permalink)
Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by ee.engineer View Post
i was at chick-fil-a on the second day of the local store opening, and they had 3 greeters at the door, and a couple workers walking out. I like to park close to the door so i can keep an eye on my car:

girl 1: wow, is that one of them erm.... electric cars
me: no. Its a lotus.
girl 2: thats a really cool car.
(chatter)
girl 3: you must be some kind of African prince or something
Woman 1 (after walking around the car): you must really pick up the ladies in that thing. So how much are we talking about
Me: not too much
woman: 40, 50, 60
Me:10
(she smirks)
(chatter)
woman: are we embarrassing you?
me: kinda
( I order my food and while waiting for it to come in)
girl4 (walking with girl 3): So where are you from
me: (mumble) Maryland
girl4: Ireland?
at this point I'm kinda tired, end of day friday and all
me: yea
(walking out)
girl 3 (to girls 1 and 2): hey he's from Ireland
girl 1 proceeds to tell me how she is going to scottland next year while I try to get out of there
Wow. Some people are just kinda out there.

African prince?

My good college buddy bought an Acura NSX in the mid 90's (late 90's maybe?). Anyway, the number one question he got was 'Are you a professional basketball player?'. Of course, the even dumber one was 'do you play for the Bulls'. Now this is DURING the Michael/Scottie heyday.

He's a black man about 30 pounds overweight and maybe 5'10". Think Tracy Morgan. Yes, there are many 30 pounds overweight 'short' guys playing in the NBA!
-'08 Elise SC (Chrome Orange) - was stock for about an hour. Rota Torques, Difflow 3 element, Micro Mirror, Lidbone, upgraded speakers/headunit/amp, BMW M3 wheel studs, RLS nav mount, garage door remote mod, MrC radar bracket, hardwired GPS/radar, Larini SC, LotusShii glove box, Lowtush splitter, OnRailsEngineering double cup holder, carpeted interior. Ghost B.C. blasting from the stereo. 100% awesome.
-'14 Audi S4 Quattro (Daily Driver)
Old 10-30-2012, 04:45 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podunks View Post
HAHA I thought you were going to say he car jacked you....
I thought that for a moment...but last night's was worse.

I get to the grocery store and park near the back and am trying to pick up some change that fell outta my pocket and onto the floorboard under the seat (most annoying thing in the world with this car lol). I got most of it and then stood up and theres a guy in a hoodie with the hood up and hands in the center pocket standing on the other side of my car.
Him "Thats a nice car you got there"
Me "Thanks"
Him "is it pretty fast?"
Me "Yeah its not bad, it's built more for the turns"
(he starts walking around the car so I close the door and start moving the opposite way around it)
Him "Where do you get one of these worked on around here" (starts moving the other way back toward me again)
Me "I do the work myself as the closest dealer is Atlanta"
Him "How much does one of these run new? About 60 right?"
(at this point i started getting a little more relaxed as he actually sounded like he knew a little about the car haha)
Me "Yeah somewhere around that"
Him "Yeah they used to sell quite a bit of them in Atlanta when i lived there, it's a really nice car man, thanks" turns around and runs back to his vehicle (h2 hummer)

Probably a little more conversation that I forgot but that was the jist of it. Seemed pretty sketchy the way he was kinda creeping around the car towards me but turned out ok lol.
06 Exige BRG - BWR Rev2.0+, BOE Fastworks tune, Lotus Cup Airbox, Lotus Cup Wheels, Weapon-R Header, Saikou Michi Catch Cans, GB Composites CF fuel door, footrest and mudflaps, HKFEVER CF lip and interior parts, Stan's shifter reinforcement, Difflow Railer diffuser and Aeroplates, S111 Wheel spacers, Front S111 sportINSERT, FTP CF side scoops, Jim-Clayton tow hook, Larini SE exhaust and decat pipe, and DDM HID kit w Trevor's Dual ring LED driving lights.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > General Discussion (Lotus related)