What is the funniest/most stupid comment you ever got? [Part 5] - Page 8 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 07:36 AM   #141 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorkoracing View Post
Kinda wished I had a k20 swap in it so I could have really blown his mind and shown him nope it's a honda motor lol
Or you could have shown him the chain cover and tried to convince him it's a Yamaha...
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 07:53 AM   #142 (permalink)
Back to the Future, again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podunks View Post
I can not stand people who feel the need to try and lower your situation to make them feel better about theirs, because they only see personal worth in material possessions...
Hmmm... deja vu?
Old 11-20-2012, 08:24 AM   #143 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
Hmmm... deja vu?
Thought about that after I posted it haha....

The greatest gift ever given, was our Salvation, the release from the bonds of addictions, and sins. To rise above the petty things that hold us down.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #144 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuppyCaptain View Post
What a flippin' tool. I love how people try to lower the Elige by saying that it's only got a Toyota engine in it. Not that the car he drives is the measure of a man by any means, but what was he driving? I suppose he had to put you in your place by making that comment so he can feel better about himself. DOUCHE!

I didnt really even look but it was beat up and some early 90s model 4 door something in a few different colored pannels for sure. Possibly an old accord.

Was taking an exit ramp at speed the day before and ran up on a station wagon with 3 girls in the back seat. One turned around and saw the lotus then i guess told her friends and they all turned around one at a time smiling then they all 3 turned around and waved. Haven't had anything too cool happen yet from the opposite sex.

Since he hasnt posted it on here yet I met a fellow forum member who's name escapes me at the moment but he just recently purchased his exige and he showed me a note that a neighbor of his left on his car and it said something to the effect of how they loved his car and thought he was hot or something like that and then called him Batman haha. Hopefully he sees this and posts a pic of the note.
06 Exige BRG - BWR Rev2.0+, BOE Fastworks tune, Lotus Cup Airbox, Lotus Cup Wheels, Weapon-R Header, Saikou Michi Catch Cans, GB Composites CF fuel door, footrest and mudflaps, HKFEVER CF lip and interior parts, Stan's shifter reinforcement, Difflow Railer diffuser and Aeroplates, S111 Wheel spacers, Front S111 sportINSERT, FTP CF side scoops, Jim-Clayton tow hook, Larini SE exhaust and decat pipe, and DDM HID kit w Trevor's Dual ring LED driving lights.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:47 PM   #145 (permalink)
pax

Was driving to JFK on the freeway and some guy in a red van rolls down his window next to me and wildly signals me to roll down my window, so I obliged, and he proceeded to scream across to me about how he has a $4000 home theater system in the back that he got free from work and will sell it to me for $1500 because he knows I can afford it.

Really, bro? *rolls up window and tries not to make inadvertent eye contact*

2007 Lotus Exige S - SOLD
2005 Lotus Elise - SOLD
Old 11-22-2012, 05:42 AM   #146 (permalink)

Often i will tell people that the engine is a toyota/yamaha product.
I also tell them i wouldn t have bought it if it had an exotic engine.
And i wouldn t have.
In my opinion the present engine represents a pinnacle of design...at the present.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:26 PM   #147 (permalink)

I was asked the other day if the front tow hook was a ring for the pull string.

Director of the GGLC-Sacramento Chapter
Old 11-23-2012, 10:23 AM   #148 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage
We're preparing to drive from San Jose, CA to St. Helena (Napa)- about 100 miles one way. Weather is forecasted to be 70F (yep - on Nov 23) today so I'm dressed in shorts, sandals, and Hawaiian shirt.

So I go the gas station in the RED Esprit, wearing a Hawaiian shirt.....for those of you old enough, you see where I'm going?
---------

I get out of the car and some guy see me and says "Hey, Magnum PI!"

For those of you not familiar, "Magnum PI" was an 1980s TV series taking place in Hawaii - Tom Selleck was a Private Investigator who drove a 1980s Ferrari 3xx (which has a passing resemblance to a red Esprit).

His standard outfit was Hawaiian shirt, blue jeans, and ball cap.

Funny - now I'm waiting for someone to yell 'Basic Instinct' if I can get my friend who looks like Sharon Stone to ride with me
Old 11-23-2012, 12:59 PM   #149 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturgeongeneral View Post
I was asked the other day if the front tow hook was a ring for the pull string.
I guess I'll be taking mine it before I hear that comment.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:35 PM   #150 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekgt View Post
We're preparing to drive from San Jose, CA to St. Helena (Napa)- about 100 miles one way. Weather is forecasted to be 70F (yep - on Nov 23) today so I'm dressed in shorts, sandals, and Hawaiian shirt.

So I go the gas station in the RED Esprit, wearing a Hawaiian shirt.....for those of you old enough, you see where I'm going?
---------

For those of you not familiar, "Magnum PI" was an 1980s TV series taking place in Hawaii - Tom Selleck was a Private Investigator who drove a 1980s Ferrari 3xx (which has a passing resemblance to a red Esprit).

:
Yeah, but athletic shoes for walking on hotel ledges.
2005 Lotus Elise, Bordeaux Red Pearl
2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited, Regal Blue Pearl
http://www.mnautox.com
Old 11-23-2012, 07:44 PM   #151 (permalink)

Quote:

---------

Funny - now I'm waiting for someone to yell 'Basic Instinct' if I can get my friend who looks like Sharon Stone to ride with me
Old 11-24-2012, 08:12 AM   #152 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Yep - this is the blue jeans image burned in my brain:

The only movie where a red Stevens Esprit was shown - "If Looks Could Kill" (a James Bond spoof movie):

I'll be wearing a tux next Saturday (holiday party with James Bond theme) driving the Esprit -wonder if any would pick up on that obscure movie. The Stevens Esprit association with "For Yours Eyes Only" and "The Spy Who Loved Me" is technically not correct since it was a G Esprit in those movies.

But most people just known 'Esprit' for Bond films.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:17 PM   #153 (permalink)

Your Esprit was Pretty Woman only, but it was a silver S4 if I recall.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:39 PM   #154 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Your Esprit was Pretty Woman only, but it was a silver S4 if I recall.
Not just Pretty Woman (silver Stevens) but "If looks Could Kill" (red)), Basic Instinct (black and if you look closely, white), and possibly several others.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:12 AM   #155 (permalink)

Quote:
Not just Pretty Woman (silver Stevens) but "If looks Could Kill" (red)), Basic Instinct (black and if you look closely, white), and possibly several others.
I have never watched Basic Instincts even with all the flap about Sharon Stone's leg crossing scene. I think I hate Michael Douglas more than I love Sharon Stone and that was one reason I stayed away. My favorite blonde of that archetype/era is Kim Basinger.

As for any movie or anything in general starring Richard Grieco... he singlehandedly ruined 21 Jump Street. Johnny Depp was doing so well without him. Saw a few episodes of that with him and turned it off forever.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:12 AM   #156 (permalink)

Quote:
I think I hate Michael Douglas
Car Talk had a caller who is a movie caterer. Says that Michael Douglas is the nicest man she ever worked with.

Biggest jerk? Shannon Doherty.
2005 Lotus Elise, Bordeaux Red Pearl
2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited, Regal Blue Pearl
http://www.mnautox.com
Old 11-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #157 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by philethier View Post
Car Talk had a caller who is a movie caterer. Says that Michael Douglas is the nicest man she ever worked with.

Biggest jerk? Shannon Doherty.
I'm sure he's a nice guy, I just don't enjoy his acting or persona in the movies.

I believe it about Shannon Doherty too, but karma is unforgiving. She's doing local cable spots for community colleges here, spots which are reserved for those who aren't even on the D list and probably not even SAG members.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:14 PM   #158 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
I have never watched Basic Instincts even with all the flap about Sharon Stone's leg crossing scene. [snip]
It's a tragic movie - a black Esprit SE gets totally destroyed

Back on topic:

So I go to my father-in-law's friend's house (she's 84 years old and sharp as a tack) to drop off some stuff. Didn't knock on door, just pulled up, left engine running, and put stuff in the porch mailbox, and took off - gone in 60 secs .

She later sends an email to me:

" I thought I heard a "hotrod" car drive up, but by the time I got to the door you were gone."

88 Esprit with factory muffler, original cat, and unmodified engine. She has pretty good hearing for 84 years old
Old 11-27-2012, 04:59 PM   #159 (permalink)

Saturday Night, ran up the Thompson Canyon to Estes Park; went through the center of town (warm evening, lots of tourists) and was stopped at a light when I noticed a decently attractive girl (pedestrian) checking out the Elise from the corner; her boyfriend, for reasons entirely unknown to me, in a sarcastic tone spouts: "Nice rental"

'06 Lotus Elise Ardent Red, Touring, Sport, Driving Lights, Stage II Exhaust, Risen Engine Covers, Star Shield, SirLotus' Front Under Clam Protectors in anti-matter-black, Yoko's, Sector111 FFI Cover; DS Brace Toe-link upgrade and cool Carpet Buttons, Long Blond Hairs in Pax Seat ... I think the most important thing is that in the last seven days we've just had the greatest adventure of our lifetimes. (Richard Branson)
Old 11-27-2012, 06:18 PM   #160 (permalink)

Yep, women loving the car and their men hating on you or trying really hard to not notice you is just par for the course.
Advertisement

Closed Thread

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > General Discussion (Lotus related)