engine overheating after wash and long sit
OK, so my car has been parked in the garage for a couple of months now awaiting a new tune and a couple other small things. It recently had its turbo replaced and engine inspected but nothing real major.
I decided to pull it out today and give it a good wash as well as limp it around the block once just to see if anything was leaking (which was one of the initial problems). Well after washing it and hopping in it about halfway around my block the temperature starting shooting up FAST. By the time I was 200 yards or so from my garage it had jumped up to 225-226 and was flashing. I immediately turned it off once I was able to pull in and, after lifting the engine cover, noticed that it smelled like something was burning.
Other things to note is that it is currently about 100 degrees outside and the car was sitting under direct sunlight for the 30 or so minutes it took me to wash it. In addition, I probably got some water in the engine area...I'm not sure if that is a big deal.
Would the car sitting for a long time + being out in the sun potentially cause this? Should I be concerned about the burning smell? Thanks.
2006 ST Exige - GT-28RS, Darton sleeved/decked/line-honed, ARP hardware, Wiseco 8.8:1 pistons, MWR valves/springs/retainers, RC injectors, Walbro pump, CWorx oil pump, Moroso oil pan, S111 TrackMounts, Spearco intercooler, GReddy catch-can, Turbosmart BOV, Fidanza clutch/flywheel CF Panels/scoops, S111 Rear Diffuser/Rear-Panel Delete/discNOIR Brakes w/SS lines/RTDbrace/Towhook, APR CF Splitter Alpine unit w/MBQuart, CF binnacle/shifter, Schroth harness, S111 shift brace (Sold)