Any experiences with Fast Wax, good or bad? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2009, 11:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Any experiences with Fast Wax, good or bad?

My car has the sports pack tires, which you all probably know are a b—tch to clean.

The other day I got "ambushed" by a guy at a gas station, and he applied this product to a small part of my wheels. He didn't even try to sell me the product there and then, he just said "keep an eye on that part for the next few weeks."

A month of driving later, the area is surprisingly clean compared to the usual grime build-up that I have after waiting way too long to wash the car.

This seems to be a good way to keep the wheels cleaner longer, but thought I would check with you guys if you have any experience with the product. Any thoughts on applying something like this to keep the shiny parts shiny longer?

(and just to avoid confusion, it's the product listed at http://fastwax.com — which I believe is identical to the one at http://fastwax.net)
Dirac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2009, 06:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
xtn

Now look here... I'm a scrawny guy without much experience fighting, or for that matter even being tough. But if some stranger came up to my car and started spraying crap on it without my permission, that would be one bitch-slapped stranger in a hurry.

xtn

PS - Don't know anything about the product, sorry.
2006 McLareghini Bugatterrari, Storm Titanium... installed: air horn, Scroth 4-point ASM harnesses, Sector111 halon extinguisher and mounting bracket, Von Hep exhaust and rear panel delete, Pagid brake pads, red Volks CE28n wheels, Toyo RA-1 tires, Nitron SA coilovers, Sector111 (WorksBell) quick-disconnect steering wheel kit. awaiting installation: Scroth "pull-up" lap belts, Sector111 RTD Brace, Tony's heater bypass mod, and dropped steering rack mounting plates.
xtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 06:32 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtn View Post
Now look here... I'm a scrawny guy without much experience fighting, or for that matter even being tough. But if some stranger came up to my car and started spraying crap on it without my permission, that would be one bitch-slapped stranger in a hurry.

xtn

PS - Don't know anything about the product, sorry.

signed!
ksjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:00 AM   #4 (permalink)

I know this product. I got my first can at SouthBay Lotus a while back.

Works great!

Don't spray it on anything inside the car.

And try not to inhale the fumes too much.

Hunt for best prices on this stuff...
Old 02-13-2009, 03:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtn View Post
Haha, no — he actually asked nicely if he could apply it first, and I said yes.

Part of what sold me on the product was actually how non-pushy he was, he just let the product do the talking and said "see you later."
Old 02-13-2009, 04:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

I was approached by one of them and gave them permission to try it on my wheels. They were cleaner for much longer than the other parts of the wheel where he didn't clean. It's suppose to be more like waterless car wash, but I still stick to my old fashion car wash style instead of this due to being paranoid. I do, however, use this on my wheels and they've been cleaner for alot longer, even when it's been raining like crazy in CA.
Vicynax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 06:29 PM   #7 (permalink)

I use Fastwax on the glass parts-sprayed on a soft terry towel, then applied to the glass, then buffed dry with a second clean terry cloth towel. It's worked great for three years. It really stripped the film on the inside of the windshield and reduced the reappearance of the film.

I can't use it on the inside of the windows anymore, though. I have 3M Crystalline on them now and it doesn't like anything except water and a microfiber. (3M does make a similar foaming cleaner for Crystalline.)

I don't use it on the wheels although I understand I can.

Tom
milehitom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 05:09 AM   #8 (permalink)

I'd be interested in trying it but the cheapest package on their website is $50. Anybody know where to get a can of this stuff for a reasonable price?
trav34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 06:28 AM   #9 (permalink)
www.theapexinn.com

I use the Michelin stuff on the wheels....works great.
Elise #2292 / CO / Starshield / Nitron Sport SA / RTDbrace / Uprights machined / Down Low rails / DBA 4000 Wiper Slot Rotors/ V1 / SS lines w/Pagid Black / G-Pan / Odyssey PC680 with RLS Bracket / Difflow 5 Element diffuser / Stebel Nautilus horn
www.theapexinn.com www.apex-inn.com
" I started flying when Sex was safe and Hang Gliding was dangerous "
kestrel74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 03:04 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trav34 View Post
I'd be interested in trying it but the cheapest package on their website is $50. Anybody know where to get a can of this stuff for a reasonable price?
The fastwax.net site sells single cans too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Interior/Exterior > Washing, Waxing & Detailing