The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Junkman's Rapid Remover and RapidTac II Review

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Junkman2008 
#1 ·
In this video, I review a product that I will be using in the next episode of "Project Liberty." This is an adhesive remover that works like the cat's meow. If you have any kind of glue substance stuck on your paint and you address it IN A TIMELY MANNER, this stuff will probably remove it and remove it fast. Road tar, burnout rubber, decals, stickers (and Lord knows that you Jeep folks LOVE your stickers!), vinyl graphics... you name it, that stuff is yesterday's news. Watch the video and see for yourself.

The Junkman

#3 ·
I used Rapid Remover to get rid of all the adhesive stuck to the hard top after the headliner began to fall off. It still took a lot of elbow grease, but certainly sped up the process quite a bit. No issues with paint coming off with it, except for the places where no clear coat was applied at the factory.

#6 ·
I used it when I pulled off my star shield. But I did not get much glue. The key is to use a steamer and 2 people.

You start a corner, apply the steamer about 2-3" away from the person pulling, well the other person basically stretches out the PPF. By stretching instead of pulling it will take all the glue with it (think command strip).

#8 ·
The guys that I am hearing from who do clear bras and wraps claim that they love this stuff. I just did another episode of "Project Liberty", where I removed some gum from the paint that had been on there for years. It worked like a charm, as I showed in the video.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.