Anybody have the part # for the flasher relay? - Page 3 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2008, 12:25 PM   #41 (permalink)

Once again, LotusTalk came to my rescue. I have an '05 Elise that is a couple of months out of warranty and 200 miles from the nearest dealer. A couple of days ago, my turn signals quit working. Since none were working, the first thing I checked was the fuse. It was fine.

I found this thread which helped me find and remove the Lucas flasher module. Then I got on the phone calling parts stores in hope of a match or a cross. Not much luck there until I called a nearby NAPA store. They could not find a cross in their computer, but Mike, the guy I talked to, asked me to describe it. Mine is the four conector one with three blades parallel and one perpendicular. He said he had a flasher that was similar, so I went over to take a look. It had a slightly different shape, but the connector blades were in the right place. I tried it and it worked.

The flasher came in a NAPA blister package labeled EP-26. It did have a slightly higher wattage capability (24 or 25 watts) than the 21 watts on the Lucas flasher. It cost $15.92 plus tax.

I am still waiting for a return call from the dealer 200 miles away. They did not have a flasher in stock and said they had never needed one.
MikeRoberts44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2010, 08:04 PM   #42 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by codymac View Post
Personally, I'd get one from one of the LED suppliers so you'll know that the flash rate won't be load dependent (unless ballasts, resistors, etc. are being used).

From SuperBright, I believe CF13GL-02 is the appropriate relay - note the orientation of the pins (B=battery, E=earth, L=load).
This was confirmed this evening when I replaced my 4-prong LUCAS 52010208 AMR 4873 12.8v flasher relay with the above 3-prong CF13GL-02 SuperBrightLeds unit. Took about 5 minutes after assuming the Lotus position with the top of my head pressing against the brake pedal, facing upwards. You literally just pull the old relay out and pop the new one in. It's the one farthest away - when looking downwards / towards the rear of the car. It actually took longer assuming (and unassuming) the position than it took to do the swap.

Anyway it works perfectly! Runs all the new RED LED's in the rear.

Here's what I ordered to get LED's in the rear (tail/turn/brake lights):

Quantity: 4
Product: BA15 24-LED bulb $ 7.49 (each)
Options: Red 1156-R24 Wide

Product: BA15 4Watt LED bulb $ 16.95 (each)
Options: Red 1157-R3X1W

Quantity: 1
Product: CF13GL-02 LED bulb Flasher Unit $ 12.95

It's VERY bright, even in direct sunlight... and they turn INSTANTLY... and now they flash properly. No resistors needed!

Total of $110 + shipping. Not too shabby!

Highly recommended!

I'll post pictures later.
darkSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:06 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkSol View Post
This was confirmed this evening when I replaced my 4-prong LUCAS 52010208 AMR 4873 12.8v flasher relay with the above 3-prong CF13GL-02 SuperBrightLeds unit. Took about 5 minutes after assuming the Lotus position with the top of my head pressing against the brake pedal, facing upwards. You literally just pull the old relay out and pop the new one in. It's the one farthest away - when looking downwards / towards the rear of the car. It actually took longer assuming (and unassuming) the position than it took to do the swap.

Anyway it works perfectly! Runs all the new RED LED's in the rear.

Here's what I ordered to get LED's in the rear (tail/turn/brake lights):

Product: BA15 24-LED bulb $ 7.49 (each)
Options: Red 1156-R24 Wide

Product: BA15 4Watt LED bulb $ 16.95 (each)
Options: Red 1157-R3X1W

Quantity: 1
Product: CF13GL-02 LED bulb Flasher Unit $ 12.95

It's VERY bright, even in direct sunlight... and they turn INSTANTLY... and now they flash properly. No resistors needed!

Total of $110 + shipping. Not too shabby!

Highly recommended!

I'll post pictures later.
Do you still have the old Lucas 52010208 flasher or know where to get one? My turn signals work with the flasher I installed in 2008, but my emergency flashers don't. I suspect the EP-26 flasher is the problem.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:18 PM   #44 (permalink)

OK, I ordered a new flasher from Lotus Garage. They said the part was SKU# A121M6016F. That conflicted with my Elise and Exige Service Parts List dated 2004 which said SKU# A083M6303F. Lotus Garage data said A083M6303F was for an older Esprit. A search on their site for A121M6016F showed the same picture as my old parts list on page 17.03 and the same #23 for the Module, flasher unit. Guessing A121M6016F was more likely correct and considering they did not have A083M6303F in stock and the slightly cheaper price, I ordered A121M6016F. I did talk to Robert Connick (sp?) at Lotus Garage. He was quite helpful and promised to pay for shipping if I had to replace A121M6016F with A083M6303F.

It arrived today and it does not look like my old one. A121M6016F is also Lucas, but in a very slightly larger case. The biggest difference is it has only three spade connectors instead of four on my old flasher. I decided to try it anyway before sending it back

When I went under the dash, I discovered the closest plug-in module (I think it might be #24 Relay Single Contact Changeover 30A) was not fully seated in its socket. I pushed it in fully, and checked the other three modules. I then retried the turn signals and emergency flashers and they all worked as they are supposed to. I guess I should have confirmed whether or not the new flasher would also work, but getting back under the dash for that purpose did not appeal to me. I'm old and don't fold that way very well.

At any rate, the three year old NAPA flasher EP-26 seems to be doing fine again.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:15 PM   #45 (permalink)

Mike,

If you need to, send it back

74 Elite 502, 05 Elise (Snuffalupagous..RIP : Laser Blue, Black Leather, Touring Pack, Hardtop )
wallabyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Electrical > Lighting