Another Question About Obamacare - Page 18 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2009, 04:38 PM   #341 (permalink)
glb

Who is behind the lies and smoke???

We’ve all heard how insurance companies are spending $1.25 million a day to try to defeat h/c reform.

And, how corps are paying people to show up at town hall meeting to “yell at and disrupt” the speakers (UnAmerican, btw)

Would you like to know about one of the biggest spenders? United Health Care Insurance.

1. They bought the 2 competing databases of “regular” payments for medical treatments, so they controlled that market that determined the appropriate payment.

Then, they lowballed the costs, so Drs and hospitals wouldn’t receive proper payment.

UH claims otherwise, but their brochure to get medical associations to sign up for their service says “Your investment will come back 16-fold!” (paraphrase)

2. Check out current CEO and how he’s been responsible for companies he worked at paying hundreds of millions in fines!

He was w/A. Anderson during Enron scandal.

Just a few links…

United Health Care and Insurance Co Scandal

UnitedHealth's Options Scandal Shows Familiar Symptoms
Steven Pearlstein - UnitedHealth's Options Scandal Shows Familiar Symptoms - washingtonpost.com

United Health Care: Huge Fines & Scandals

Driving Tips-http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f100...art-1-a-49665/
Moss Emergency Line-http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f100...cy-line-36631/
Safely Piercing Wires-http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f129...esting-106438/
Securing cockpit wires-http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f92/...ockpit-104157/
glb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2009, 04:43 PM   #342 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glb View Post
I think most car guys are in that camp (where they're taught to drive SUVs for no reason and hate the Prius for no reason )
Yeah, I was really taught, I guess by my parents (who couldn't have afforded an SUV if they wanted to, by the way), to drive SUVs for no reason!!

I have a family of 6...kinda hard to get the whole gang around in a Prius or anything smaller than an SUV. Not all of us have "no need" for them as you are CONSTANTLY saying. I think I am probably helping the environment, though I don't really give a crap if I am or not, by driving one vehicle vs. multiples as I would without the SUV.

You just think that we all should be able to drive smaller cars because YOU could. Well remember that is not the case with EVERYONE. Also, what I chose to drive or not to drive is completely my choice as it should be.

If you are even remotely trying to convince anyone to listen to you, I can tell you that is not the way to do it. I have a lot of friends who are liberal and we have great discussions and most of the time at the end we normally don't agree, but we listen to each other. I have a feeling that I am just wasting typing time even attempting to explain this to you.
skelliott2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 04:51 PM   #343 (permalink)
glb

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelliott2 View Post
Gotcha!! Guess what Gil, the US congress gets the same plans as all other US government employees and it is private health insurance!! Primarily Blue Cross Blue Shield, but there are other plans as well...none of which are single payer, but rather 3rd party payer and all PRIVATE. They are just like any other employer provided health plans. Please see these links for the information:

Look under Benefits Paid to Members of Congress

Here is an excerpt:

Members of Congress receive retirement and health benefits under the same plans available to other federal employees. They become vested after five years of full participation.

Look at this site to see a listing of plans available to US government employees and so to congress as well

Just trying to set the record straight on this myth that keeps circulating...mainly on the left it seems.
Thank you very much! But, my point is that Senators do not suffer the slings/arrows we do when it comes to hlth insurance:

Senators Do Not Face High Health Care Costs, Money Management

Submitted by hareyan on Nov 26th, 2007
Posted under: Money Management Health Care Costs

The New York Timeson Sunday examined how, when senators discuss health care reform, they"usually speak in abstract terms about soaring health costs and theplight of the uninsured," problems from which "members of Congress areusually insulated." According to the Times, senators have access to a number of health insurance options through the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program,and they "are not normally exposed to the fears that strike manyworkers as employers reduce health benefits and insurers increasepremiums year after year."
In response, some major Democraticpresidential candidates have said that all U.S. residents "should havecoverage as good as what Congress has," the Times reports. Presidential candidate Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.) has said that she would "give all Americans the same set of insurance options that their members of Congress have," and presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) has said that, under his health care proposal, all residents would have access to "health care that is as good as the health care that I have as a member of Congress." In addition, presidential candidate and former Sen. John Edwards(D-N.C.) has said that he would seek to end health insurance forlawmakers in the event that they do not approve legislation to expandhealth insurance to all U.S. residents within six months

My 2nd point, still quite valid, is that we have single-payer plans that are the two highest rated, as you know.

Again, thank you.

Old 08-29-2009, 04:52 PM   #344 (permalink)

Quote:
And we all KNOW that EVERYONE with Arthur Anderson during the Enron days was a crook and can't be trusted, just as EVERYONE who worked at Enron was a crook!! Did you know that Arthur was actually exonerated in the end? Just wanted to be sure that you knew that. I work with many ex-Enron folks here in Houston and I can tell you all the people that I know are great and very ethical.

This fallacy is called Hasty generalization. Thanks for the perfect demonstration.
skelliott2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 04:54 PM   #345 (permalink)
glb

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelliott2 View Post
Yeah, I was really taught, I guess by my parents (who couldn't have afforded an SUV if they wanted to, by the way), to drive SUVs for no reason!!

I have a family of 6...kinda hard to get the whole gang around in a Prius or anything smaller than an SUV. Not all of us have "no need" for them as you are CONSTANTLY saying. I think I am probably helping the environment, though I don't really give a crap if I am or not, by driving one vehicle vs. multiples as I would without the SUV.

You just think that we all should be able to drive smaller cars because YOU could. Well remember that is not the case with EVERYONE. Also, what I chose to drive or not to drive is completely my choice as it should be.

If you are even remotely trying to convince anyone to listen to you, I can tell you that is not the way to do it. I have a lot of friends who are liberal and we have great discussions and most of the time at the end we normally don't agree, but we listen to each other. I have a feeling that I am just wasting typing time even attempting to explain this to you.
gotta go now, but if you want your family safest....get a minivan. My best wishes to your family, btw.

Was just digging at you, S.

Even you, tho, can't drive > 1 vehicle at a time.

Old 08-29-2009, 06:06 PM   #346 (permalink)

Quote:
We’ve all heard how insurance companies are spending $1.25 million a day to try to defeat h/c reform.

And, how corps are paying people to show up at town hall meeting to “yell at and disrupt” the speakers (UnAmerican, btw)
Please show proof of your allegations that they are "paying people to show up at town hall meeting to “yell at and disrupt” the speakers."

I guess you chose to ignore my post showing videos of the left bussing people to the town hall meetings.

The left has never yelled and disrupted speakers , I guess they are also Un-American.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezmoney View Post
ACORN and other liberal groups (unions) are bussing in scores of people to town hall meetings to support Obamacare. Show me videos of anti Obamacare supporters being bused in to these meetings. At Rep. Jim Moran's (Dem 8th district VA) town hall meeting in Reston, VA there were busses with Maryland license plates bussing in supporters of Obamacare. Moran then had the audacity to ask a person asking him a question to show ID to prove he was in Moran's district.

ACORN got busted! Or Bussted. Health care protesters discovered that ACORN was bussing in people to Arlen Specter's town hall meeting. And they let ACORN have it. Look at all those buses. And are those real public school buses? Paid for by taxpayers?
YouTube - TH6, acorn don't come back
YouTube - Greta: Video of ACORN Being Bused in to Arlen Specter PA Health Care Town Hall (Full Report)

YouTube - Union Thugs at Bishop Town Hall

Have you noticed that those in support of Obamacare all have the same shirts on and they have professionally made signs? Just a coincidence I guess that they all showed up at the town hall meetings dressed the same and with printed signs.
The Coroner will give you your last ride
ezmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:34 AM   #347 (permalink)

Quote:

1. They bought the 2 competing databases of “regular” payments for medical treatments, so they controlled that market that determined the appropriate payment.

Then, they lowballed the costs, so Drs and hospitals wouldn’t receive proper payment.

[/url]
Uh, doctors can chose which insurance companies they wish to use or not and can refuse to treat you. It's called capitalism. Hospitals can't refuse to treat anyone and some insurance is better then none. But did you read where they were still about equal with medicare, which never pays on time and is way lower then insurance company averages.

Major insurance companies in every field have bilked customers, houses lost in huricanes and tornadoes, car accidents, etc. And just why do you think healthcare isn't going to have it's bad apples? Of course your going to answer this with links rather then common sense.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:24 AM   #348 (permalink)
glb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshS View Post
Uh, doctors can chose which insurance companies they wish to use or not and can refuse to treat you. It's called capitalism. Hospitals can't refuse to treat anyone and some insurance is better then none. But did you read where they were still about equal with medicare, which never pays on time and is way lower then insurance company averages.

Major insurance companies in every field have bilked customers, houses lost in huricanes and tornadoes, car accidents, etc. And just why do you think healthcare isn't going to have it's bad apples? Of course your going to answer this with links rather then common sense.
Josh, I agree and thank you for the compliment: Yes, my sense is apparently quite uncommon.

Little time now, but perhaps I didn't make the points well. This is one of the largest health insurers in the US.

Their OTHER business was to get med assoc to sign up so our doctors and hospitals couldn't earn a fair price. That's why they advertised how much ins cos would profit.

So, this affected almost everyone, not only those insured by this co. E.g. Your Dr charges you $500 for some procedure. Prior to this situation obtaining, the reimbursement may have been, say, $380. Now, that has been lowered to $290. Who pays the difference??

The new admin is going after monopolies more and this company should never have been allowed to corner this vital market.

Your statement about the universal "bilking" supports the call for a Citizen Plan, doesn't it?

later, josh

Old 08-30-2009, 10:51 AM   #349 (permalink)

Gil, don't believe everything YOU read. United Health care is a big company, but nowhere near cornering any market and there are 20 companies just as big. A monopoly means you have no other choice. Can you admit, there might be more then some other choices. If you can't admit that this one point you made was a huge mistake. You just have made every point you made completely invalid.

Below are "some" of the health insurance companies that currently feature medical plans

> AARP Insured By Aetna
> Aetna
> Alliance Health and Life Insurance Company
> Altius Health Plans
> Altius One
> American Family Life Assurance Company (Aflac)
> American Medical Security Life Insurance Company
> AmeriHealth HMO - New Jersey
> Ameritas
> Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield of VA
> Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield of CT
> Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Missouri
> Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Wisconsin
> Anthem Blue Cross of California
> Anthem BlueCross BlueShield
> Arise Health Plan
> Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield
> Asuris Northwest Health
> Atlantis Health Plan
> Avera Health Plans
> Bay Dental
> Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota
> Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma
> Blue Cross and Blue Shield of South Carolina
> Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
> Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
> Blue Cross Blue Shield of Delaware
> Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
> Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
> Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico
> Blue Cross of Idaho
> Blue Shield of California
> Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois
> BlueCross BlueShield of Kansas City
> BlueCross BlueShield of Louisiana
> BlueCross BlueShield of Montana
> BlueCross BlueShield of Nebraska
> BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
> CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
> Celtic Ins. Co.
> CIGNA
> Clear Choice Health Plans
> Companion Life Insurance Company
> ConnectiCare Inc.
> Coventry Health and Life Insurance Company
> Coventry Health Care of Delaware, Inc
> Coventry Health Care of Georgia, Inc.
> Coventry Health Care of Iowa, Inc.
> Coventry Health Care of Kansas Inc.
> Coventry Health Care of Louisiana, Inc.
> Coventry Health Care of Nebraska, Inc.
> Coventry Health Care of Oklahoma Inc.
> CoventryOne
> Dean Health Plan, Inc.
> Empire
> First Priority Life, administered by Blue Cross of NEPA
> Geisinger Quality Options
> Group Health
> Group Health Incorporated
> Group Health Plan
> Health Net
> Health Plan of Nevada
> HealthAmerica
> HealthPartners
> Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
> Humana
> Independence Blue Cross
> Kaiser Mid-Atlantic
> Kaiser Permanente
> KPS Health Plans
> LifeWise Health Plan of Oregon
> LifeWise Health Plan of Washington
> Lovelace Health Plans
> Medica
> Medica of Minnesota
> Medical Mutual of Ohio
> Mercy Health Plans of Missouri
> Mountain State BlueCross BlueShield
> ODS Health Plan, Inc.
> Oxford Health Plans, Inc.
> PacifiCare
> PacificSource Health Plans
> Personal Care Insurance of Illinois
> Physicians Health Plan of Northern Indiana, Inc.
> PreferredOne Insurance Company
> Premera Blue Cross
> Premera Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alaska
> Providence Health Plan
> Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon
> Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah
> Regence BlueShield of Washington
> Regence BlueShield of Idaho
> Rocky Mountain Health Plans
> SAS Insurance Development
> Scott & White Health Plan
> Security Life Insurance Company of America
> SelectHealth
> Standard Security Life Insurance Company
> SummaCare Inc of Ohio
> Total Dental Administrators Health Plan, Inc.
> UniCare
> Unity Health Insurance of Wisconsin
> UnitedHealthcare
> Vista Healthplan of South Florida
> WellPath Select, Inc.
> WPS Health Insurance of Wisconsin
Old 08-30-2009, 12:40 PM   #350 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishguy View Post
cy9,
please stop giving GLB historically correct facts.

this is not a fair way to debate using reality, when someone is so far from reality.

you know that with this post you just made the ever growing list of right wing wackos.
I believe we comprise 99.4% of this forum according to one guy here, but thats because realtive to his extreme one sided views, everyone is a right wing wacko.
Fishboy! Every entry you have in this thread is a personal attack. I think that the Arizona August heat is just too much for your brain to function.

I've been gone for a week, and you guys are still on beating on this thread? Has there been any new revelations on it? Doubt it. Let it Die....!!!!!!
goldengatehornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:44 PM   #351 (permalink)

Quote:

UH claims otherwise, but their brochure to get medical associations to sign up for their service says “Your investment will come back 16-fold!” (paraphrase)

2. Check out current CEO and how he’s been responsible for companies he worked at paying hundreds of millions in fines!

Just a few links…

UnitedHealth's Options Scandal Shows Familiar Symptoms
Steven Pearlstein - UnitedHealth's Options Scandal Shows Familiar Symptoms - washingtonpost.com

United Health Care: Huge Fines & Scandals

Have criminal charges been filed against anyone at United Health Care? If so has anyone been tried and convicted of these criminal charges? The links you posted are dated 2004, 2005, 2006, by now if any wrong doing was prosecuted we should know the results. Well what happened???

It's not the facts it's the seriousness of the charges that are important, right Gil!
Old 08-30-2009, 01:28 PM   #352 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengatehornet View Post
Let it Die....!!!!!!
This Health Care Bill should Die.

The Democrats want us all to just shut up and be zombies to their socialist agenda.

If government health care passes the civil disobedience of the American Citizen will be at a historic level.

I refuse to let me government dictate my healthcare.

Old 08-30-2009, 01:45 PM   #353 (permalink)
glb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshS View Post
Gil, don't believe everything YOU read. United Health care is a big company, but nowhere near cornering any market and there are 20 companies just as big. A monopoly means you have no other choice. Can you admit, there might be more then some other choices. If you can't admit that this one point you made was a huge mistake. You just have made every point you made completely invalid.
Uh...you missed my point; perhaps I wasn't clear enough.

1. The monopoly referred to the company deciding "usual" rates for medical procedures for our country. This should not have been allowed to happen.

This costs us, our doctors and our hospitals money, just so the insurance companies could increase their profits thru this dishonesty and book-cooking.

2. Read, pls, about the NY Atty Genl going after them for lowballing these numbers....which, again, affect us all.

3. Pls check out the other suits for which they paid HUGE sums.

4. Then, follow the trail of their CEO who has a history of what I would call dishonesty and scams.

OK?

Edit: Not at all sure I posted the correct links, so

LegalNewsline | Cuomo's United health-care suit could start NY flood

NYS Medical Society Applauds AG Cuomo?s Lawsuit vs United Healthcare for Fraudulent Business Practices

AG Andrew Cuomo reins in health care giant United on price fixing; systemic overcharging revealed

Last edited by glb; 08-30-2009 at 02:11 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:52 PM   #354 (permalink)
glb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezmoney View Post
Have criminal charges been filed against anyone at United Health Care? If so has anyone been tried and convicted of these criminal charges? The links you posted are dated 2004, 2005, 2006, by now if any wrong doing was prosecuted we should know the results. Well what happened???

It's not the facts it's the seriousness of the charges that are important, right Gil!
Did I somehow prevent you reading about the fines and settlements they've already paid? Or, should we consider those "donations"? Is a criminal charge your only yardstick for wrongdoing? OK, I have some war crimes with which some should be charged....

Yup, e, they did nothing wrong, just felt like making really large donations.

Note that the case brought by NYS AG is not finished, and this is just an insidious...actually moreso

BTW, the earth is round. Should I wait for your refutation? is that even a word? Yes.

Old 08-30-2009, 01:55 PM   #355 (permalink)
glb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormy320 View Post
This Health Care Bill should Die.

The Democrats want us all to just shut up and be zombies to their socialist agenda.

If government health care passes the civil disobedience of the American Citizen will be at a historic level.

I refuse to let me government dictate my healthcare.

who is this really.....Steven Colbert??

Um, maybe cut down on the caffeine?

My healthcare is dictated by my slim choice of ins companies. I can't even use my GP any longer w/o paying hugely. Yours?

Old 08-30-2009, 01:57 PM   #356 (permalink)
glb

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengatehornet View Post
Fishboy! Every entry you have in this thread is a personal attack. I think that the Arizona August heat is just too much for your brain to function.

I've been gone for a week, and you guys are still on beating on this thread? Has there been any new revelations on it? Doubt it. Let it Die....!!!!!!

Yeah...there might be a trend here...

Old 08-30-2009, 02:12 PM   #357 (permalink)

Let's analyze your statements for a moment:

Quote:

My healthcare is dictated by my slim choice of ins companies.
Why? There are thousands of insurance companies across the country offering health care insurance... why don't you have more choice? Do you know the answer? And why would you want to replace your meager choices with no choice: single payer?

Quote:
I can't even use my GP any longer w/o paying hugely.
Now why is that? Because your GP isn't getting paid enough by insurance companies and Medicare? What's your GP going to do when his only choice is to take what the government pays or retire? See RoadDad's posts.

Even if (as your contention) private insurance companies absorb ~30% of costs as profit (a dubious assumption that's been successfully challenged here)... removing all insurance companies only drops health care costs 30%... while Medicare costs are growing at an average of 8% a year... so in about three years, a gov't plan based on Medicare would cost the nation as much as the current system. How is that supposed to reduce future health care costs?
2012 Radical SR3RS
apk919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 02:14 PM   #358 (permalink)

Quote:
[B]1. The monopoly referred to the company deciding "usual" rates for medical procedures for our country. This should not have been allowed to happen.
With Obamacare who would decide the "usual' rates paid to all health care providers? Answer the government.
With Medicare the government decides these rates. The rates are low so fewer and fewer providers will accept Medicare assignment. What this means is that if you choose to use a provider that will not accept Medicare assignment either you or your secondary insurance (if you have any) or both pay the difference between what Medicare pays and what you are charged for the service. If you think that a government health care system will fix this you're wrong. You will have the public (government) option and no secondary private insurance provider. As a result providers will be forced to accept the government rates for their full payment. Here's what will happen. Because the payments will be real low for services fewer and fewer people will enter the health care profession and, many doctors will retire or change professions. This will lead to a shortage of doctors and nurses and we'll have rationing of care.

If you think that the cost of private health insurance has increased faster than the cost of Medicare you're in for a rude awakening.

"But as AEI’s Nick Schulz points out, a 2007 CBO report by Perter Orszag found that between 1975 and 2005, the real per capita cost growth in Medicare was 4.6%, compared to 4.1% for all other health care spending."

The Medicare Cost Control Myth The Foundry

Go to page 74 of 210 Chart 6-3 and you'll see the breakdown.
http://medpac.gov/documents/Jun09Dat...tireReport.pdf
Old 08-30-2009, 02:19 PM   #359 (permalink)

Gil, I'll make this real easy for you.

In 1975 Atlantic City's heyday was over. Gangs took over the boardwalk at night, and shops were barely hanging on. Everyone wanted gambling. All the boardwalk shop owners formed a coalition to put a measure on the ballot for gambling. They all had signs on their windows. They held marches on the boardwalk. Everybody was for it. Now here was the problem, all the big hotels were on the boardwalk, but they leased the stores fronting the boardwalk. Many other non hotel boardwalk locations were strip stores so the owners were not the landlords. My lone voice. The big money is gonna come in and buy everything up and shut it down so people would gamble and not walk on the boardwalk, families will flee, none of the businesses on or off the boardwalk will make a dime.

So, the big money came in. Shut down most of the shops on the boardwalk, almost every business that was off the boardwalk are gone, and A.C. has never been the same. Families have fled to the other Jersy shore resorts and the boardwalk is a joke.

What I'm getting at. It doesn't matter what you want. What I want. What the right wants. What the left wants. What is right. What is honorable. What is moral. It's too big a project, it's too political, if none of these comments haved swayed you one inch, then none are going to sway people on opposite sides of the party lines. 90% of all new businesses fail, and most of these are people with prior business experience. What is the chance of something this monumental designed by people with no business experience, that must make compromises. We are not Europe where most countries are smaller then California, more homogeneous, and not bordering a 3rd world country

GIL, THE PROJECT'S GOAL IS COMPLETELY JUSTIFIABLE. IT'S JUST TOO BIG AN UNDERTAKING TO WORK AND THE CONCEQUENCES COULD BE DIRE.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:37 PM   #360 (permalink)
glb

Right wing plans to disrupt Town Hall mtgs

EZ, geez, a simple search showed more than i have time for.

Note that these disruption are being "cheered" by those on your side. Whoever disrupts these meeting, from either party, is wrong. Certainly anyone should ask a questions, but simply shouting out random stuff is counterproductive and negates the point of these sessions, meant to be discussions.

It is, quite simply, Unamerican.

I don't know what you refer to about the left, but it's wrong no matter who.

My protests involved war, not some friggin insurance company profits.

Think Progress Right-Wing Harassment Strategy Against Dems Detailed In Memo: ‘Yell,’ ‘Stand Up And Shout Out,’ ‘Rattle Him’
Right-Wing Harassment Strategy Against Dems Detailed In Memo: ‘Yell,’ ‘Stand Up And Shout Out,’ ‘Rattle Him’

This morning, Politico reported that Democratic members of Congress are increasingly being harassed by “angry, sign-carrying mobs and disruptive behavior” at local town halls. For example, in one incident, right-wing protesters surrounded Rep. Tim Bishop (D-NY) and forced police officers to have to escort him to his car for safety.

This growing phenomenon is often marked by violence and absurdity. Recently, right-wing demonstrators hung Rep. Frank Kratovil (D-MD) in effigy outside of his office. Missing from the reporting of these stories is the fact that much of these protests are coordinated by public relations firms and lobbyists who have a stake in opposing President Obama’s reforms.

The lobbyist-run groups Americans for Prosperity and FreedomWorks, which orchestrated the anti-Obama tea parties earlier this year, are now pursuing an aggressive strategy to create an image of mass public opposition to health care and clean energy reform. A leaked memo from Bob MacGuffie, a volunteer with the FreedomWorks website Tea Party Patriots, details how members should be infiltrating town halls and harassing Democratic members of Congress:

Since members of Congress have been returning home to their districts for the August recess, a consortium of industry-backed right-wing groups have been planning ambushes to harass Democrats for supporting health care reform. ThinkProgress obtained a leaked memo from a volunteer with Tea Party Patriots, a website sponsored by lobbyist-run groups Americans for Prosperity and FreedomWorks, that details how members should be disrupting town halls and “rattling” Democratic members of Congress.

Last night, Rep. Steve Kagen (D-WI) and Rep. Steve Driehaus (D-OH) were apparently the latest victims of this strategy. Kagen, whose town hall was targeted by the Wisconsin chapter of Americans for Prosperity, was “repeatedly disrupted” by “incomprehensible” shrieks and shouts from angry conservatives

Driehaus politely allowed an already angry crowd of tea party people into his town hall, and greeted them by saying, “I know that there are those with the tea party group and I welcome you and I welcome them to my office.” Despite his offer for constructive dialogue, within minutes, members of the right-wing crowd began booing and hissing with repeated howls of “move to Europe!”

Greg Sargent reports that Rick Scott, the disgraced hospital executive bankrolling the anti-health reform group Conservatives for Patients’ Rights, is now joining the effort to disrupt health care town halls. The for-profit health industry is contributing a great deal of resources to pressure lawmakers against reform. Last weekend, the health insurance lobby announced that they will be sending staff to “confront” lawmakers at town halls and will be transitioning to negative ads.

Just one such memo:

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/...actionmemo.pdf

oh, gosh:

Boehner's Office Cheers On Disruption Of House Dems' Town Hall Events | TPMDC

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Other