I had ordered a Jadi Yellow 1:18 from Exoticar. They didn't have one and didn't seem interested in refunding my money. So I settled on an Orange AutoArt in 1:43 form.
My recommendation is to avoid Exoticar.
Anyways somehow I've amassed a whole collection of Elise models. In an ideal world I would have just tried to get a 1:18 Saffron Yellow Elise from AutoArt but they only have Exige in that size.
Here's my fleet.
1) 1:100 Kyosho Lotus Elise Yellow (1.5 inches)
Strengths - good color, cute, fair detail
Weakness - nothing opens
2) 1:43 Elise AutoArt 111r Orange (3.25 inches)
Strengths - good color, fair detail, removable hardtop
Weakness - doors and trunk don't open
3) 1:24 Welly Elise 111s Yellow (4.5 inches)
Strengths - fairly large, doors open, good detail, pull backwards and the wheels store energy, let go and the car rolls forward
Weakness - Color is yellow but not at all like Saffron yellow, trunk does not open
4) 1:18 Welly Elise 111s Yellow (8 inches)
Strengths - large, doors open, trunk opens, good detail, shocks on rear wheels work
Weakness - Color is yellow but not at all like Saffron yellow
- Overall quality is less than Jadi
- For example the rear window is falling out and the passenger
and driver seats are slightly different in trim
- Steering wheel turns front wheels but only slightly
5) 1:18 Jadi Elise 111s Ardent Red (8 inches)
Strengths - large, doors open, trunk opens, good detail, steering wheel turns front wheels very well
Weakness - really none. The Welly shows the car color on the door interior but the Jadi does not
Get a 1:18 Jadi if you can find one.
Too bad I couldn't get one in Saffron.