New Manroom lounge chairs... - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 05:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

New Manroom lounge chairs...

my manroom is slowly coming along; we just moved into our new place about 3 weeks back so we're still in the midst of unpacking/picking up new furniture etc.

I needed chairs for my new manroom..it will soon be an F1 watching, beer drinking haven.

A pair of ebay knockoff microfiber/red stitching seats, some wood, and some take-off front P-zeros from the evora (which are the PERFECT height btw...I switched to PSS) and voila! Cheap as chips too. Hardest part was just figuring out how exactly I was going to do it once I had the bits...I had a vision in my head but you all know how that goes once you have it in front of you.
invictusmaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2012, 06:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by invictusmaneo View Post
my manroom is slowly coming along; we just moved into our new place about 3 weeks back so we're still in the midst of unpacking/picking up new furniture etc.

I needed chairs for my new manroom..it will soon be an F1 watching, beer drinking haven.

A pair of ebay knockoff microfiber/red stitching seats, some wood, and some take-off front P-zeros from the evora (which are the PERFECT height btw...I switched to PSS) and voila! Cheap as chips too. Hardest part was just figuring out how exactly I was going to do it once I had the bits...I had a vision in my head but you all know how that goes once you have it in front of you.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

Garage
love it, but it doesn't go well with the carpet, it belongs in a man-cave w/ concrete floors.
squidward is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:14 AM   #4 (permalink)

Unfortunately when renting I don't have much say in all of that. You have to roll with what you got.

and as a side note for anyone considering something similar-using clear/flat spray sealant on the tires after a good scrub locks in the smell and gets rid of the black dust.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
Back to the Future, again

I was gonna say... you best clean those tires out real well if you're renting and dumping them on clean carpets.

Nicely done, and definitely let me know how you mount them because I have a few tires I can put to use.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:37 AM   #6 (permalink)

Now all you need is the engine base coffee table.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:04 AM   #7 (permalink)

It's just a 1" ply base painted black with 4 2x4 posts 9.25 long. Tire slides over that so it's not actually sitting on the carpet. Then a 1" ply pedestal cut just smaller then the base of the seat-use bolts and the seat frame to attach through the ply pedestal and attach the posts to it. When tightened down its just about 1/8" lower than the width of the tire so it holds the tire in place and the seat isn't touching tire and tire isn't touching carpet. The base also extends a bit back so you don't lean and tip it over.

Real simple though assembly has to be done in a certain order. I could clean it up a bit and upholster the wood too but painted black it's low profile enough for my manroom that I'm fine.

You could easily adjust to fit any tire though I'm not sure I'd wanna go much higher than these.

Seats were 236 with free shipping on eBay, wood was like 25 and 10 in hardware. More time spent figuring it out and going back and forth from lowes than really cutting and assembling.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
Back to the Future, again

Make some blueprints, I have a lot of vacation time coming up. Might build me a chair or two over the holidays.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:34 AM   #9 (permalink)

Nice nice!
Plackslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Other