Poll: Who did Lotus owners vote for? - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Lotus owner, who did you vote for?
Obama--I am a registered Democrat. 16 15.24%
Obama--I am a registered Republican. 3 2.86%
Obama, I am an independent. 12 11.43%
Romney, I am a registered Republican. 32 30.48%
Romney, I am a registered Democrat. 1 0.95%
Romney, I am an independent. 24 22.86%
I voted for someone else. 7 6.67%
I cannot or do not plan to vote. 10 9.52%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 06:40 PM   #21 (permalink)
The King Is Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR82DRV View Post
According to many pundits, this election comes down to the question, "Who cares the most about my feelings?..."
For many of the voters for this incumbent, it comes back to 'i want something and I want someone else to pay for it'
-'08 Elise SC (Chrome Orange) - was stock for about an hour. Rota Torques, Difflow 3 element, Micro Mirror, Lidbone, upgraded speakers/headunit/amp, BMW M3 wheel studs, RLS nav mount, garage door remote mod, MrC radar bracket, hardwired GPS/radar, Larini SC, LotusShii glove box, carpeted interior. 100% awesome.
-'69 Leyland MiniMoke - FOR SALE. PM if Interested
-'14 Audi S4 Quattro (Daily Driver)
SwingLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 06:48 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ee.engineer View Post
Dany Bahar

Everyone's political whining is making me want to go back to having a king/queen. At least then everyone can complain together
- Larini Exhaust
El Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:51 PM   #23 (permalink)
Closer than you think

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwingLo View Post
For many of the voters for this incumbent, it comes back to 'i want something and I want someone else to pay for it'
Agreed. The now-established formula for political success is to offer the shirt off of someone else's back...
Old 11-06-2012, 07:21 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Why? Cite 4 reasons. Two economic and two foreign policy
Its not that I like obama, its that I dislike romney!

Just a matter of personal opinion I guess.
Garrett1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:30 PM   #25 (permalink)
Scott Graham

Quote:
Originally Posted by ee.engineer View Post
Dany Bahar
LOL!!!!!!

Tons of Sector111 and RLS goodies.
Scottycali4nia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:33 PM   #26 (permalink)

Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious
Leave Out The Unnecessary Stuff
gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:10 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Such is the Republican common wisdom inside the echo chamber. But is there really any evidence for this (and anecdotal evidence doesn't count)?

Where are the credible statistics that show that a significant section of the voting population wants to live on hand outs?

I believe that most people want to live on more than a meager income and most importantly want the dignity and community that work brings.

Now let me make this clear. I'm not saying that there are not some lazy bastards who want to live on handouts. What I'm questioning is the belief that this is a significant factor in US politics.

It seems to be human nature to feel that other people are not working as hard as we are and that "those other people over there" don't want to work. But perhaps this feeling is because we are so inside our own heads that we can't conceive of what other people's lives and thoughts are really like.

If the Republican Party is going to win the next election, this kind of complaining about "other people, who are not like us" is going get them nowhere. Even if it were for a moment true, you can't change other people, you can only be the change your want to see in the world.

If the Republican Party is going to get elected, they'll need to grow some real balls and ask themselves tough questions about what about themselves is unattractive to so many Americans.

Personally, I think it's not their fiscal policies. It's not their policies on the size of government. Instead it's the social policies that have been dictated by a minority that is out of touch with American people and the 21st century.

In a country that believes in fairness, social policies that the Taliban would approve of (and I mean that quite literally) are just not going to work.

I'm saying all of this as an outsider. I don't get to (or want to with these two parties!) vote in the US as I'm a British citizen. As such I find it incredible that the USA's right wing party is currently dominated by a bunch of nut bags who our own right wing Conservative Party would probably avoid sitting next to on a train!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App
JonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:14 PM   #28 (permalink)

If you're interested, you can just read the "Obama wins!!!" Thread for your answer.
Nydus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:39 AM   #29 (permalink)

For the few people on here who don't seem to get it, here is an article that actually helps you understand where the national debt is owed.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...it-isnt-china/

So when we can't borrow anymore the 5 trillion owed to social security will be impacted and everyone who needs it to retire will be screwed. Never mind the other money owed to other government programs that are not specifically called out in the article. Of course as we all know people who don't watch any news know more about current events than fox news viewers so I am sure this is just more extreme right propaganda...

A useful government site ( insert sarcasm here) that offers some minimal insite into the national debt can be found here.

http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/BPD...application=np

So with the vote going to the largest spending president in American history we have doomed all the programs he supports and the new ones he created. And before you blame congress who is also at fault, do you remember the first Obama election where he promised to veto any bills with riders and to use the power of veto to keep Congress fiscally responsible? I didn't think you did.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Wmangm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:01 AM   #30 (permalink)
Relapsing Honda fan

Quote:
Or it could just be, "why are all of the prominent republicans bat sh!t crazy?"
yellow99s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:18 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by realrundell View Post
John Galt

Who?
'06 Lotus Elise Ardent Red, Touring, Sport, Driving Lights, Stage II Exhaust, Risen Engine Covers, Star Shield, SirLotus' Front Under Clam Protectors in anti-matter-black, Yoko's, Sector111 FFI Cover; DS Brace Toe-link upgrade and cool Carpet Buttons, Long Blond Hairs in Pax Seat ... I think the most important thing is that in the last seven days we've just had the greatest adventure of our lifetimes. (Richard Branson)
High_Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:58 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow99s View Post
"why are all of the prominent republicans bat sh!t crazy?"
Prominent republicans aren't all bat sh!t crazy. But Bachmann is. At least we keep our Democractic bat sh!t crazy woman in the legislature, where she can't cause as much trouble.
2005 Lotus Elise, Bordeaux Red Pearl
2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited, Regal Blue Pearl
2007 Saturn Ion 3 2.4, Berry Red
http://www.mnautox.com
philethier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Other