The unofficial Post your gun $4!+ (stuff) here thread instead of Funny Comments - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 06:09 AM   #1 (permalink)

The unofficial Post your gun $4!+ (stuff) here thread instead of Funny Comments

Unofficial, because I have not been around long enough to become official.

The digression into firearms, gun powder, make my day laws, and hot lead, though fascinating, really is cluttering up the comments thread...which I LOVE READING.

so: not to look too mamby pamby, here is a photo of my "Beside the bed,"piece:

it goes "pew pew" and is accurite to about 3 feet.

A sign or placard indicating NO GUNS is not per-se law...however, I have heard prosecutors discuss potential tresspass charges for disregarding them. The Omaha Mall massacre avoidance comes to mind where the farmer took out a potential sniper would be mall killer.

cheers.
'06 Lotus Elise Ardent Red, Touring, Sport, Driving Lights, Stage II Exhaust, Risen Engine Covers, Star Shield, SirLotus' Front Under Clam Protectors in anti-matter-black, Yoko's, Sector111 FFI Cover; DS Brace Toe-link upgrade and cool Carpet Buttons, Long Blond Hairs in Pax Seat ... I think the most important thing is that in the last seven days we've just had the greatest adventure of our lifetimes. (Richard Branson)
High_Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2012, 06:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Premium Member

KelTec 380 with hollow points? That's what I carry at home, too. I think giving it three feet of accuracy is being generous.
GuppyCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:27 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thank you!!!! lol
Old 10-31-2012, 07:31 AM   #4 (permalink)

There is already a gun thread, btw...

I will post up more of mine later.

The greatest gift ever given, was our Salvation, the release from the bonds of addictions, and sins. To rise above the petty things that hold us down.
Podunks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:13 AM   #5 (permalink)

>A sign or placard indicating NO GUNS is not per-se law

It is in Minnesota.
2005 Lotus Elise, Bordeaux Red Pearl
2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited, Regal Blue Pearl
http://www.mnautox.com
philethier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:26 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Colorado View Post

A sign or placard indicating NO GUNS is not per-se law...however, I have heard prosecutors discuss potential tresspass charges for disregarding them. The Omaha Mall massacre avoidance comes to mind where the farmer took out a potential sniper would be mall killer.

cheers.
They can only prosecute for trespassing if the owner of the establishment asks you to leave after seeing it, and you refuse. But that is all, and the fine for trespassing is minute.
At least in Texas.

The greatest gift ever given, was our Salvation, the release from the bonds of addictions, and sins. To rise above the petty things that hold us down.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:30 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podunks View Post
They can only prosecute for trespassing if the owner of the establishment asks you to leave after seeing it, and you refuse. But that is all, and the fine for trespassing is minute.
At least in Texas.
OK, I looked up the law, and Minnesota is similar.

===========

Subd. 17.Posting; trespass.(a) A person carrying a firearm on or about his or her person or clothes under a permit or otherwise who remains at a private establishment knowing that the operator of the establishment or its agent has made a reasonable request that firearms not be brought into the establishment may be ordered to leave the premises. A person who fails to leave when so requested is guilty of a petty misdemeanor. The fine for a first offense must not exceed $25. Notwithstanding section 609.531, a firearm carried in violation of this subdivision is not subject to forfeiture.

(b) As used in this subdivision, the terms in this paragraph have the meanings given.

(1) "Reasonable request" means a request made under the following circumstances:

(i) the requester has prominently posted a conspicuous sign at every entrance to the establishment containing the following language: "(INDICATE IDENTITY OF OPERATOR) BANS GUNS IN THESE PREMISES."; or

(ii) the requester or the requester's agent personally informs the person that guns are prohibited in the premises and demands compliance.

(2) "Prominently" means readily visible and within four feet laterally of the entrance with the bottom of the sign at a height of four to six feet above the floor.

(3) "Conspicuous" means lettering in black arial typeface at least 1-1/2 inches in height against a bright contrasting background that is at least 187 square inches in area.

(4) "Private establishment" means a building, structure, or portion thereof that is owned, leased, controlled, or operated by a nongovernmental entity for a nongovernmental purpose.

(c) The owner or operator of a private establishment may not prohibit the lawful carry or possession of firearms in a parking facility or parking area.

(d) This subdivision does not apply to private residences. The lawful possessor of a private residence may prohibit firearms, and provide notice thereof, in any lawful manner.

(e) A landlord may not restrict the lawful carry or possession of firearms by tenants or their guests.

(f) Notwithstanding any inconsistent provisions in section 609.605, this subdivision sets forth the exclusive criteria to notify a permit holder when otherwise lawful firearm possession is not allowed in a private establishment and sets forth the exclusive penalty for such activity.

(g) This subdivision does not apply to:

(1) an active licensed peace officer; or

(2) a security guard acting in the course and scope of employment.

================

Of course, I can't carry at work, as my employer has excercised its right to prohibit me.
2005 Lotus Elise, Bordeaux Red Pearl
2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited, Regal Blue Pearl
http://www.mnautox.com
philethier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:03 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by philethier View Post

Of course, I can't carry at work, as my employer has excercised its right to prohibit me.
I understand how frustrating that is... Mine has done the same... And I will not leave it in the vehicle while I am not there... Last thing I need is someone to steal it, shoot someone and it come back on me somehow...

Old 10-31-2012, 12:20 PM   #9 (permalink)

This one's my beater. Lol I have many more! 🎃🔫
Name:  ImageUploadedByAutoguide1351714736.252793.jpg
Views: 791
Size:  175.5 KB
Attached Images

Last edited by Formula1; 10-31-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Formula1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:28 PM   #10 (permalink)

Garage
I've posted this one before, .45 1911.
Attached Images

Old 10-31-2012, 01:29 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuppyCaptain View Post
KelTec 380 with hollow points? That's what I carry at home, too. I think giving it three feet of accuracy is being generous.
I can throw my P3AT at least 10 feet accurately.

06' elise
jasondew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:38 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Know View Post
I've posted this one before, .45 1911.
Hey mrknow do you like your kimber? I had a similar kimber 1911, but the crapy grip safety would jam, preventing the trigger pull. Also, mine had a 3gram trigger pull which is stupid, dangerously light. I sold it because the gun was more dangerous to me than an intruder.
Hello Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:10 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello Kitty View Post
Hey mrknow do you like your kimber? I had a similar kimber 1911, but the crapy grip safety would jam, preventing the trigger pull. Also, mine had a 3gram trigger pull which is stupid, dangerously light. I sold it because the gun was more dangerous to me than an intruder.
3 grams?!?!? Wtf!! You could whisper at that and it would go off! Unless you meant 3lbs trigger pull.

I installed a Power River Precision ultimate match trigger kit on my XDM.... LOVE IT!!! 3lbs trigger pull, half the stock trigger pull distance, and shorter reset.... I can squeeze rounds off quickly while maintaining my accuracy! Mmm Good!

Old 10-31-2012, 02:23 PM   #14 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
I really like it. It's very smooth and controllable. Did you purchase it second hand or something? I don't see how the grip safety could jam unless it was gummed up or corroded. The trigger pull is perfect on this one (not too light and not too heavy). It got a lot of attention when it was rapid fired by one of the local gunsmiths when we were troubleshooting a feed issue. Turned out to be a bad magazine, but with a good one it was throwing some hellfire downrange.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:30 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
I've also got a Kimber but a Custom II. Sounds like the grip safety got broke somehow, would've been worth getting repaired as a 1911 is a cadilac of guns and Kimber makes a fine 1911. The trigger in stock form should of been between 3.5 to 4 lbs. Sounds like maybe you bought a gun from a wanna-be gunsmith.
2005 Elise,Touring & Sport,Bordeaux Red Pearl + mods.
1986 Pontiac Fiero Gt, 1986 Toyota Pickup
habendanio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:49 PM   #16 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by habendanio View Post
I've also got a Kimber but a Custom II. Sounds like the grip safety got broke somehow, would've been worth getting repaired as a 1911 is a cadilac of guns and Kimber makes a fine 1911. The trigger in stock form should of been between 3.5 to 4 lbs. Sounds like maybe you bought a gun from a wanna-be gunsmith.
Mine is also a Custom II with Kimber rosewood grips.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:57 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasondew View Post
I can throw my P3AT at least 10 feet accurately.

EXACTLY! And besides, I wouldn't go and actually shoot someone with a 9mm short ... that would get them really pissed off! But you could probably "stun" an intruder with a Ruger-LCP muzzle-thrown-across-a- darkened-room-to-the-forehead!
'06 Lotus Elise Ardent Red, Touring, Sport, Driving Lights, Stage II Exhaust, Risen Engine Covers, Star Shield, SirLotus' Front Under Clam Protectors in anti-matter-black, Yoko's, Sector111 FFI Cover; DS Brace Toe-link upgrade and cool Carpet Buttons, Long Blond Hairs in Pax Seat ... I think the most important thing is that in the last seven days we've just had the greatest adventure of our lifetimes. (Richard Branson)
High_Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:12 PM   #18 (permalink)

there's already a thread on this isn't there? I'll play...thye have come and gone but I still have a good stash.

invictusmaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:20 PM   #19 (permalink)

Nice collection! Is that an sks?

Old 10-31-2012, 06:22 PM   #20 (permalink)
Carbon Fiber

Name:  ImageUploadedByAutoguide1351736555.292448.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  108.0 KB

Newest member'
FistHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Other