Where to buy nuts and bolts? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2010, 06:36 AM   #1 (permalink)

Where to buy nuts and bolts?

Hey guys,

Finally got around to changing the oil over the weekend. While I was in there I thought I'd install the Innovative motor mounts I've had sitting in the box for well over a year. I also had the LETSA v2 kit sitting in a box as well. Hell, I even had the B&M shifter in a box as well.

Anyway, I used the Manly instructions for torque specs for the front and rear engine mounts. I tried doing searches prior to wrenching on the car, but only came upon this thread after the fact:

Engine Mount Bolt Torques

I'm surprised that concerns over too high a torque spec was raised so long ago and yet the Manly instructions were never revised. And so I think I've stretched all four bolts holding the rear mount to the subframe. I hope the torque spec for the bolts that go into the gearbox didn't damage the aluminum.

So my question would be where can I buy those bolts? I also discovered that the last dealer to touch my car ended up swapping bolts/washers for items that looked like they've been through hell and back. More specifically, the allen bolts that held holds the undertray to the front mount of the rear lower control arm.

Alternatively, if someone knows the measurements of the bolts (the thread above shows diameter and pitch, but not length), I can source them elsewhere.

TIA,
Chester
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2010, 06:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Moderator Extraordinaire!

For the mount bolts, you can buy them from Lotus to make sure you get the exact bolt that was there originally: Lotus Garage - Engine Mounts If you want to go with non OEM, you can try a local industrial supply house and just match up the legth, diameter and thread pitch from your old ones. As far as the tray bolts, you can replace them with stainless bolts from your local hardware store and they will be just fine.
tesprit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:05 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the link! Is it only me, but I'm not able to scroll down to part #23 and #24. It's also interesting to see that the diagram is incorrect for the bolts for the rear mount. There were two bolts that thread into the subframe and two that had nuts as well.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:35 AM   #4 (permalink)

put your curser on the parts list first.then scroll down.
kmt63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:37 AM   #5 (permalink)

A good online source:

McMaster-Carr
2006 Chrome Orange Elise: LSD/TC, Nitron SAs with 425/650 springs, BWR 7/8" ("Hardcore") Front Bar, Eliseparts bumpsteer kit, VF Stage 2, 2bular Header + Sport Cat + 8x24 GT3 Muffler, ECU Tune by Jermaine, Smaay's fuel rail, ACT XT clutch, Saikou Michi dual catch can, Moroso pan, Manly's mount inserts & FF Engine Damper
2000 Black Integra Type R - DD: 231,000 miles!
fpitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:15 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekological View Post
It's also interesting to see that the diagram is incorrect for the bolts for the rear mount. There were two bolts that thread into the subframe and two that had nuts as well.
Actually the early 2005 cars used 4 bolts. So the diagram is correct for the early '05 cars. Lotus changed to nuts and bolts on the two rearmost ones to accommodate the first version of the toe link brace.

Thank you Hoosier and NASA!
AZReason is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Other