The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Biggest Hoosiers that fit Elise?

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  jefrac 
#1 ·
I am looking at a new set of track wheels... Currently considering the BWR Bogart wheels or the Sector Ethos wheels. I do not want to cut the wheel wells on my car. Blackwatch is offering 15" x 8" (front) and 17" x 9" (rear). Sector now has the Ethos wheels in 16" x 8" and 17" x 9".

Has anyone maxxed out the Hoosier sizes that will fit under our cars with these wheel sizes? I understand there are more tire options for the 15" wheels, but I am just planning to run A6's with these wheels.

#3 ·
I am afraid you will likely have to ask BWR what tires work without rubbing with their wheels, My gut says for an 8 inch front rim they will likely be 245/(35 or 40)R15, and 255-275/(40 or 45)R17 rear for the BWR wheels.
I run 205 width Hoosier tires on my 7 inch wide fronts and 245 width hoosier tires on my 8 inch wide rears. 16 inch front, 17 inch rear team dynamics 1.4 wheels.

#4 ·
I run a 15/16 set up for solo and use the Hankook slicks. Both my front and rear size seem to be about as big as one can go without rubbing much.

I run 225/45-15 in front and use a 3mm spacer behind the Rota Slipstream wheel and it rubs the sway bar just slightly at full lock. Not a problem but an indicator that there isn't much extra room. I seem to have a little bit of room to spare on the outside with this set up.........not much but a little.

In the rear I'm running a 245/45-16 again on Rotas and I've had very occasional rubbing on the inside (fender liner shows scuff marks) and on the outside (hitting the inside of the rear side marker light). Again very light scuffing on both sides so this makes me think one isn't going to get a lot more in there.

I'm running my car pretty low and this no doubt makes for less tire room.

I hope that helps.

dave

#5 ·
You shouldn't have any issues with the blackwatch setup, I have a set of 15x9's that fit with minimal sanding using 275's 17x9's no issue at all for me.

Using a 225 hoosier on a 15x8 and the 245 hoosier on the 17x9 is a good way to go if your not willing to cut.

#6 ·
Thanks Davemk1 and Ryno! That is what I thought would work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.