The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Speed sensor, ABS, or gauges?

1K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Coyne 
#1 ·
Ran into an interesting problem:

I fiiiinally installed the new EL panel and sprayed the needles red to match the rest of the car.

After reseating the needles and driving it around, a few days later the ABS light comes on, and it says I'm going 20mph faster than I am.

The next day, I'm going 15mph slower.

Then the day after its accurate for most of the day.

ABS light is still on, mph gauge is all over the place (but consistent for the drive)

I would check and reseat sensors, but is there a possibility that this had to do with removing and replacing the gauge panel? Any ideas?
No idea how to check the abs sensors.

#2 ·
I have a similar issue, but not exact, and I still haven't nailed it down.

- speedometer bouncing all over the place
- traction control coming on (especially on left turns)
- elevated idle
- abs light on

I was told to visit the Lotus dealer because they're the only ones with a scan tool that'll read the ABS code. Right rear speed sensor. I blew it out, didn't fix, then replaced with a supposedly perfect used unit, still not fixed, guess I'll have to buy a new one. I also replaced the cluster for a bit, just to make sure the issue wasn't located there.

Let us know what you find out.

#8 ·
Isn't there some voodoo to reset the cluster. Opening and closing doors while pressing the trip reset button or something similar.

I'm not able to do a reasonable search just at the moment.

Cheers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.