Front End Customization - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 08:06 AM Thread Starter
Carbon Fiber

Front End Customization

Well I have always had a hard time loving the front of my 2006 elise. Shave the turn signals and body line, widened the oil cooler vents "no cooler there now though'

Considered a front lib but can seem to get into them.

Then I saw this on FB. Wow would love to have this, too bad this guy is like 100% other side of planet. I wonder is there a body shop around pittsburgh that can do something custom to my front clam before the car is painted.

Last edited by FistHammer; 02-16-2017 at 03:24 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 08:35 AM

CK Lim actually sells and ships those around the world. By the time you have a shop attempt to do that extent of modifications to yours you could have that one delivered, painted, and installed. One of the Evora centric shop owners here on LT (can't recall the name off hand) actually works with CK Lim on parts for those and might be able to assist as well.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermi View Post
CK Lim actually sells and ships those around the world. By the time you have a shop attempt to do that extent of modifications to yours you could have that one delivered, painted, and installed. One of the Evora centric shop owners here on LT (can't recall the name off hand) actually works with CK Lim on parts for those and might be able to assist as well.
hethelsport.com

"Lots Of Trouble; Usually Serious"

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
Carbon Fiber

Cool I actually did become friends with him on FB, I had no idea something this large could be shipped globally but 100% I would rather it be straight from him. I will be sure to update this post once I get my order together hope its not outrageous.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 02:36 PM
Closer than you think

Garage
I agree that the front end is just too busy. If it were not so expensive I'd love to have my turn signals shaved and re-positioned into the headlight housing. My screen image is old so it doesn't show the "new" grey-out film I placed over my turn signals. IMO this does make them blend and recede a bit into the face of the car. They no longer appear orange and white. This is my poor man's solution.
Attached Images

2005 BRP Elise Sport, Hardtop, Stage 2 Exhaust, CF side scoops, CF splitter, Composite Worx seats, gunmetal stripes
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Carbon Fiber

This would be the best front splitter option I have seen that you can bolt on. I would def do it with matching body color though. In fact if the front clam is not possible I may work with this too!
Attached Images

Lckitty likes this.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 04:04 PM

Sherman at Lotus Evora Parts & Accessories | HethelSport is the US distributor for Win Ace (CK Lim's) products. He is great to deal with!

I was in on the first Evora GTE front bumper/ vented side panel group buy and I have a GTE rear bumper in transit this week from him. There are no worries when purchasing from Sherman!
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 11:25 AM
Such moderate

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FistHammer View Post
This would be the best front splitter option I have seen that you can bolt on. I would def do it with matching body color though. In fact if the front clam is not possible I may work with this too!
That looks good!
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Carbon Fiber

I mean the 1 MILLION dollar hennessey venom did not even get to creative on this front end I am just sick of it'
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 04:15 AM Thread Starter
Carbon Fiber

Soo the S2 one is 3000 n shipping about 600 but not exact. Then $800 for the side skirts' with the bat wings'

Made me scroll up and say do I really want this?? And I do' I would be the first person from USA with it'

Going to try and get my order in by beginning of march,if anyone want some of his work as well we may be able to save some money if we group order some stuff, its all from Malaysia .

Last edited by FistHammer; 02-15-2017 at 04:29 AM.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 06:51 AM
Architectural Designer

@FistHammer nci full race splitter You can contact @Almighty for more info.

"This car is more fun than the entire french air force crashing into a firework factory." - Jeremy Clarkson

2005 BRP ELISE:
Sport Pack, Hard Top, Black Mesh Grills, Cup Air Box, TitanQR, Difflow diffuser, Larini Club Sport Exaust, Rear Panel Delete, RTD Brace w/Nitron Toe Pins, Mono-ball bushings, PRORAD, Reverie CF Side Scoops & CF Splitter, CF door pulls, Odyssey PC680. Filled seams including a custom one piece front paint protection film.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 03:24 AM Thread Starter
Carbon Fiber

Ahhh But this'

Lckitty and RBH like this.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 04:51 AM

I dunno, these cars already suffer quite enough from the 'It's cute/Hot Wheels/Is it a kit car?' syndrome. Tasteful customizations, like getting rid of the turn signals in the front, filling in the faux fins next to the tail lights on the Elise, and understated front splitters work nicely.

It's REAL easy to go over the top, approaching ricer/Fast & Furious cartoon caricature status. Cannards, picnic table size wings, multi-element diffusers sticking a foot out of the back of the car...more often than not on cars that are functionally used in ways that don't require ANY added downforce components only make these small cars more cartoonish.

And lately folks have started putting roofs with scoops on Elises...

That said, I'm from the "It's your money, it's your car...do what you want" school. My last Europa, restored to the nth degree, was painted in a color other than original, so in some schools I'm a blasphemer. I get it.

For my own part, I'm just underwhelmed by cars that look like a JC Whitney catalog exploded on them.

Have owned, enjoyed, appreciated, and now all gone:
1969 Europa S2 Blue
1970 Europa S2 White (my first)
1974 Europa Twin Cam Special Light Blue
1974 Europa Twin Cam Special #4380R Indigo Blue (my absolute favorite).
1984 Turbo Esprit Calypso Red
2005 Elise Starlight Black
2005 Elise Saffron Yellow
2005 Elise Ardent Red (used as development mule for the LETSLA)
2006 Exige Graphite Grey
2007 Exige S Canyon Red (first customer installation for the production LETSLA)
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 04:58 AM
user /tron

Quote:
I really like the look of that one. And it's only 412$ at Britishracinggroup.com if I'm reading it right....

The NCI splitter is awesome, but pretty pricey. It also is full length unlike the cupR lip above that just bolts underneath the clam.

~Matt
'06 CO Elise
'07 Subaru Outback, DD beater
'16 VW GTI, Wifey's ride
Past toys: '02 WRX | '06 STI | '14 Subaru BRZ
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 06:15 AM Thread Starter
Carbon Fiber

Thanks for the input guys, I know there are all types of lotus owners here and we all have a different idea for these cars'

I agree these cars are sensitive to bolt on stuff, that wing in the back can go right to rice burner on you so could this front clam'

I did look at the v6 conversion clam, its gonna be at least 12k' but it would be right! Even if I had the money dam might as well just buy a whole new car. It would kinda suck to blow through 12k just to get a look many already have'

Even the 3k for the CK clam is at the top of my budget when you throw in shipping and the side skirts I like.

For me personally My car will never be stock again' already cut too much off' shes an R-title anyhow so no oone has to feel bad im hacking it up'

So at this point I am going with a CK clam to fit my 2006 elise, and he's defiantly going to do the custom front and shaved turn signals.

This clam from him will be built after I purchase it, he said however I want it' going to see if he would Attempt putting in the newer style headlight pockets' and that would be a great deal for me, accept I have not seen the price of those new headlights yet...
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 06:17 AM Thread Starter
Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideMooch View Post
I really like the look of that one. And it's only 412$ at Britishracinggroup.com if I'm reading it right....

The NCI splitter is awesome, but pretty pricey. It also is full length unlike the cupR lip above that just bolts underneath the clam.
I could not find it on their site'
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 06:22 AM
user /tron

Quote:
I could not find it on their site'

Carbon Fiber Aero Kit for Lotus Elise

In the drop-down menu you can select just the front splitter.

~Matt
'06 CO Elise
'07 Subaru Outback, DD beater
'16 VW GTI, Wifey's ride
Past toys: '02 WRX | '06 STI | '14 Subaru BRZ
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideMooch View Post
Carbon Fiber Aero Kit for Lotus Elise

In the drop-down menu you can select just the front splitter.

+ $257 to ship to Mass.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 04:14 AM Thread Starter
Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphiusrt View Post
+ $257 to ship to Mass.
Wow! that's almost half as much as I am paying for the whole clam and side skirts to be sent straight from Malaysia'
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Wow! that's almost half as much as I am paying for the whole clam and side skirts to be sent straight from Malaysia'
Or almost $200 over what I paid for my used, fiberglass splitter. Given how much efficient downforce can be made with our smooth underbodies and an aggressive diffuser, going crazy with the splitter can actually hurt overall downforce. It shifts it forward though, so it feels like more front downforce, especially under braking when the nose dives down. There are a couple splitters designed to keep underbody airflow in tact though; anything else is decoration/protection.

"Lots Of Trouble; Usually Serious"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Interior/Exterior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.