The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Galpin new LA area Lotus dealership

21K views 84 replies 38 participants last post by  LotusDavid 
#1 ·
Heard it from Lotus rep at LA Auto Show today. Claims there will be cars in showroom and service dept open in one week!

#2 ·
Do you know what section of galpin will be lotus?

#5 ·
:coolnana::nanner::nanner2::nanner::coolnana::panic:

That's FANTASTIC news!

sure, it was cool to tell people I took my car to a place that sold Lambo's

but Galpin is mega huge, one of the biggest in the nation, so no doubt they'll be fair, and won't be going anywhere.

-and I can ride my bicycle there as well!

#9 · (Edited)
Well I'm glad we've got a new dealer but for those of us that were close to Southbay Lotus Galpin is still 27 miles away. 32 miles to silverstar, 33 miles to Newport, still a pretty big dealer gap on this side of town and nothing really close to central LA either. Getting in and out of the valley to drop off the car will be a half day long ordeal for me, I used to be able to walk to southbay. Oh well Quais is still in my neighborhood at Southbay Autohouse. I still feel a little abandoned by Lotus but I guess I need to get over it. I know there are many of you that have much further to go so I'll quit bitching.

#10 ·
Well I'm glad we've got a new dealer but for those of use that were close to Southbay Lotus Galpin is still 27 miles away. 32 miles to silverstar, 33 miles to Newport...
I'll trade you. Closest dealer is over 120 miles away. Next closest is about 150 miles away.

Oh, wait. You're talking about LA... That means it probably takes us both about the same time to get to the dealer... Nevermind :D.

#11 ·
Getting from Southbay to the Valley is certainly a mission in LA. The 405 and 101 were rated as the worst traffic in America. At least there is a dealer, even if it is lost in a bigger hodgepodge of a megadealer. Probably better chances for survival for such a niche brand.

#12 ·
#17 ·
I wish they used Rusnak Pasadena. Newport is 35 miles away from me silverstar is 45 but it feels like 10,000 miles thanks to the freaken 101 freeway I feel like I am taking crazy pills anytime I have to drive out there. Now I have Galpin that's 29 miles away from me on the god forsaken 405 thanks lotus!

#23 ·
Kind of surprised Galpin's becoming a dealer, as it's not too far from Calabasas. I hope it works out, but I didn't buy my Miata from them because of the typical high pressure sales techniques of the two salesmen I dealt with. They also refused to sell a car without LoJack installed, however given the recent sales downturn I imagine this has changed. All-in-all, the experience was negative.

#25 ·
Had a conversation with someone at Galpin and they are currently in negotiations with Lotus USA and a agreement will hopefully be formalized in January. The person I spoke to at Galpin has a sincere interest in the Lotus brand as he's had past experience with Lotus. Looks like both parties have a real desire in making this work as both side seem to have Lotus enthusiasts at the helm.

(On a side note, the reason I contacted Galpin because my wife's Volvo lease expires in June).

#26 ·
Anyone know if Silver Star's service department has been overloaded with service requests since Calabasas and BH are no more?

#28 ·
Galpin Lotus?!? Really? :huh:

Oh jeez... What's next? "Cal Worthington and his dog Spot" selling used Lotus?

#32 ·
I worked a deal while purchasing my Elise to get a loaner. (An Enterprise car.)

Lotus does not reimburse dealerships for loaner cars.

#35 ·
any updates?

I need an oil change, but now also have a check engine light, so I guess I need a lotus dealer, rather than Alan or Qais...don't really know where to go right now...

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.