1977 Lotus Esprit S1 FOR SALE - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2011, 10:41 AM   #1 (permalink)

1977 Lotus Esprit S1 FOR SALE

1977 Lotus Esprit S1. I am the 4th owner of this beautiful Series 1 Esprit. Car originally came from Alabama and made its way to AZ in the mid eighties and has been here ever since. Car shows 23K miles, have the original shop manual and owners hand book. I have the Lotus Heritage Certificate of Authenticity showing a matching numbers car and showing this was in fact a Monaco White on Tartan car and was the 97th Federal Esprit made and the 24th White Esprit ever made. The car left the production line the 25th of March 77 and was invoiced to Lotus West the same day.

I have gone through a fairly extensive restoration on the car due to the fact it had been sitting in the 3rd owners garage for the last 15 years. I have had the entire interior completely re-done in its original Tartan plaid. I purchased all the materials from SJ Sports Cars in England. I have replaced all the interior trim and most of the exterior trim on the car. The car does have the Euro bumpers on them and has original wolfrace wheels in very nice shape, they polished up beautifully. Brand new Lotus spec tires on the car.

I have done a complete tear down and rebuild of the Engine, trans, clutch, breaks and rear suspension. Every hose, every seal, every gasket and every belt (including a brand new cam belt) on the engine is brand new. I just did the timing 1 month ago. I have rebuilt the twin Dell'orto carbs and tuned to factory spec. Both gas tanks have been removed and cleaned. No rust, when the engine was removed the frame has been sanded down and sprayed with rust protectant and the engine has been detailed to a very high standard. A very clean and detailed engine bay, frame and undercarriage. The entire rear suspension is brand new using only Lotus factory parts from JAE Lotus Cars, adjustable rear dampers, new springs, new bushings, new A arms and new spring towers. I have replaced the clutch, the fly wheel, the pressure plate, the clutch hose with a stainless steel hose, slave cylinder and master cylinder. I have replaced the shifter cable and all the bushings in the rear linkage arms. Brand new plugs, wires, cap rotor and distributor. The car has been changed over to electronic ignition. Compression test was just done and everything read perfectly. The car runs and sounds absolutely perfect. All the electrics have been sorted through and everything works and reads correctly. Brand new battery. Rear wood/carpet kit from SJ Sports cars just installed. I just bought a brand new rear Lotus factory glass for the tailgate and the chrome surround finishers.
This Esprit runs and drives beautifully, the only problem is both driver and passenger windows are a little slow to go up, they go down fine. This car is identical to the Bond car is The Spy Who Loved Me. Only difference was the original was a 76 and right had drive. Now all that is missing in Barbara Bach in the passenger seat and the missile launcher.
Car is in beautiful shape thousands upon thousands of dollars in receipts over the past year. All she needs is a new home, I love this car and the only reason I am selling is to move on to a newer Turbo Esprit or V8 Esprit. I want to find someone that is knowledgeable in these cars and will take good care of it. I can email more pics
480-310-8814
Attached Images

Sm11010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2011, 10:42 AM   #2 (permalink)

More pics
Attached Images

Old 06-21-2011, 10:44 AM   #3 (permalink)

Some more pics
Attached Images

Old 06-21-2011, 02:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

Wow a stunning example. The purity of form of the early Esprit is wonderful. Good luck.
DeanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

Wow. Gorgeous car. If only I had the moolah.
GLWS!
Old 06-22-2011, 01:47 PM   #6 (permalink)

PM sent.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

Nice job sir, although it's too bad I had to see your final result on the forum instead of in person. We really should have done a photo shoot together....really would be a unique opportunity.

Again, lookin good! Esp your interior, the decision to stay original and persevering all the difficulties was worth it.

Luck!

Robert
Old 07-30-2011, 11:30 AM   #8 (permalink)

Wow. Absolutely amazing and gorgeous example of an Esprit inside and out. Good luck!
Past:
2001 Toyota Celica GTS (6-speed) modded everything
Future:
To one day own another 2ZZ-GE equipped vehicle, albeit more exotic. The '09 Lotus S260.
evil eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Lotus Cars For Sale