1995 Esprit S4s for sale - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

1Likes
  • 1 Post By CarSalesman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 06:20 AM Thread Starter

1995 Esprit S4s for sale

One of only 48 US imports, this black low mileage (33k) 2nd owner gem is the last of the 4 cylinders and arguably one of the most reliable of all Esprits. The S4S is designed to drive like a 300 and ride like an S4. There is no increase from the standard cars 2.2 liters has been necessary to find the S4S's extra power. Improved gas flow dynamics and enlarged inlet ports and valves are the main cylinder head modifications. A hybrid Garrett AiResearch T3/60 turbocharger and altered management program endow the engine with even more torque over a wider spread. Of the 290lb ft maximum, 80% is ready to be unleashed by your right foot anywhere between 2500 and 6500rpm.

The S4S takes the 300's rear wing and wheel arch extensions and gains OZ split rim racing alloys. Big ventilated discs and calipers are by Brembo and provide all the stopping power you need to haul in 300bhp.

Garage kept, super clean and the only modification is that the rear light panel comes from a 2002 Esprit which has the Elise lights. This really 'modernizes' the car and makes it look like the supercar it truly is. $36,500 with completed service C or $31,000 without. I'm planning on getting the service done but can hold off with ready buyer who can save some money by dealing with it themselves. Job transfer forces sell where no local Lotus dealer is near!

Haven't figured out how to upload pics on here so go to autotrader to see!

Last edited by Bayernboy; 02-15-2017 at 06:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 04:54 AM

Still available? Which auto trader ad....? Black one in Augusta?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 07:00 AM
Experimentator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayernboy View Post
One of only 48 US imports, this black low mileage (33k) 2nd owner gem is the last of the 4 cylinders and arguably one of the most reliable of all Esprits. The S4S is designed to drive like a 300 and ride like an S4. There is no increase from the standard cars 2.2 liters has been necessary to find the S4S's extra power. Improved gas flow dynamics and enlarged inlet ports and valves are the main cylinder head modifications. A hybrid Garrett AiResearch T3/60 turbocharger and altered management program endow the engine with even more torque over a wider spread. Of the 290lb ft maximum, 80% is ready to be unleashed by your right foot anywhere between 2500 and 6500rpm.

The S4S takes the 300's rear wing and wheel arch extensions and gains OZ split rim racing alloys. Big ventilated discs and calipers are by Brembo and provide all the stopping power you need to haul in 300bhp.

Garage kept, super clean and the only modification is that the rear light panel comes from a 2002 Esprit which has the Elise lights. This really 'modernizes' the car and makes it look like the supercar it truly is. $36,500 with completed service C or $31,000 without. I'm planning on getting the service done but can hold off with ready buyer who can save some money by dealing with it themselves. Job transfer forces sell where no local Lotus dealer is near!

Haven't figured out how to upload pics on here so go to autotrader to see!
Would you please post some pictures of the rr panel?

Go Reply, Advanced, Manage attachments, Browse/attach files (up to 5), Upload (button on the right) and Submit Reply.

P.S. How long you own the car and is it titled in your name?
How come you never posted anything on LT before?

Esprit Turbo Xtrême GT330
More Ideas: http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums...-x-330-hybrid/

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 08:46 AM

Sorry just saying but it looks like an S4 and not S4s isn't it supposed to have bigger wheel arches???
Also checked the VIN as listed from the ad and it shows 95.5 with the 14th digit being a "3" and NOT "4"
Still a beautiful car!

Cars for Sale: Used 1995 Lotus Esprit S4s for sale in Augusta, GA 30907: Coupe Details - 449336237 - Autotrader

93.5 ES

Last edited by uklad99; 04-20-2017 at 09:46 AM.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 06:02 PM

It is an S4s. Neither the S4 or the S4s had larger wheel arches on US models. Euro S4s had larger V8 size wheels, and the arches. The seller probably cut and pasted text from a European news article. The wheels on this car for sale are correct style and size there were two choices, both the same size.

The VIN is an S4s. The first 7 digits of the VIN are the same is mine. The one for sale is #103. Mine is #155. The last 4 cylinder Esprit in the US was #158. The seller's listing that only 48 made it to the US, is incorrect.

Assuming condition as it appears, this looks like a great buy to me.
uklad99 likes this.

Don
Esprit S4s #155 of 158
Lotus cars and parts for sale www.donferrario.com/lotus
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 05:42 AM

Just a heads up. I am planing to put my S4s up for sale at LOG 37 . #156 of 158. It's a driver not a show car, IMHO it's a good 10 footer with a lot of nice upgrades. About 60K on the car, 20K on engine rebuild ( Jim Knowles ) I am going to ask $34K with all the extra stuff I have , Shop manual, laptop with Freescan and Espritmon installed and USB cable, and a few new parts that haven't been installed. I will try to post some pictures . Dave S4s
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 05:45 AM
Wingless Wonder

Garage
Dave, you should post your own topic, here and in the Esprit section....

Atwell Haines
'88 Esprit
Succasunna, NJ USA

"Not all angels have wings." - Turbo R
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 05:47 AM

Pictures didn't upload.I need a security code? Tried the Admin. but no help. This use to be easy, now it's pain . Dave S4s
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 05:50 AM

Ok , I will try later. Honey dos are calling. Thanks Dave S4s
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 02:24 PM

I ran a CarFax and according to CarFax, it is a 3 owner vehicle and the last purchase date was May 2016. I also requested more information from the ATC ad and the seller never responded.

DEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRDANGERUS View Post
Would you please post some pictures of the rr panel?

Go Reply, Advanced, Manage attachments, Browse/attach files (up to 5), Upload (button on the right) and Submit Reply.

P.S. How long you own the car and is it titled in your name?
How come you never posted anything on LT before?
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 09:02 AM

My S4s for sale

Lets try uploading some pictures of my S4s. For Sale during and after Log 37. Dave S4s

europa30215@yahoo.com Cell# 404- 822-1158
Attached Images

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 12:22 PM
Wingless Wonder

Garage
Nice Car Dave. PM Sent

Atwell Haines
'88 Esprit
Succasunna, NJ USA

"Not all angels have wings." - Turbo R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Lotus Cars For Sale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.