The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!
  • Notice image
    Reminder! You're responsible for closing your listing when your item is sold/found/traded - when doing so please select SOLD or FOUND. If you post phone numbers and emails in your ad, your listing will be deleted (this is for your personal protection). If posting a Want to Buy please be sure you have picked the correct listing type from the three selections, ie., Want to Buy - not For Sale or For Trade. Thanks for reading!

2005 Elise, 32k miles, BWR supercharged and much more

4K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  champton1 
#1 · (Edited)
SOLD

2005 Lotus Elise, one of a kind, lots of mods – 32,xxx miles
Turns heads wherever it goes…
I like to think of it as the perfect combination of style and performance. The mods to the bodywork and exterior make it extremely unique, even compared to another Lotus. The supercharger, upgraded brakes, upgraded suspension make it damn fast (and damn fun to drive).

I am the third owner, purchased in Oct 2012 with 21,050 miles while living in CA (San Francisco bay area) from another LT member
Clear title, in hand, Sport Pack, touring pack, hard top, soft top, custom car cover
Currently located in Chicago area. Selling due to recent relocation (Midwest roads are boring compared to California and I don’t have time to take it to the track so I can really enjoy it) plus a growing family.

Most of the mods were done by the previous owner, who was a Toyota car mechanic and very meticulous. All the mods alone are worth more than $30k.

Mods from previous owner:
Full body off paint job, previous paint sanded off and done perfectly. Color is ithica verde (lambo green). Turn signals removed, body lines front and rear removed, rear fins removed. Black oval painted on rear. All new moldings done then. Over 10k for this alone – pictures don’t do this color justice!!! You need to see in person to fully appreciate.
3M Clear bra kit
Front grills, radiators and engine cover converted to mesh
LED halos from a member here
LED turn signals
Morimoto true HID projecter retrofited into headlight housing
3k bulbs in high beams and reflectors painted black
forcedfed front lip
imrp side skirts
reverie CF side scoops which are cleared
dardsyde rear diffuser
Raised painted lotus lettering
von hep exhaust
custom intake
BWR supercharger V1
Charlie X tune
rear panel delete
Front tow hook
Nitron single coilovers
Ride height and corner balanced and 4 wheel align with camber at dietchworks in san jose
BOE rear half kit toe brace
Front and rear gold sector111 ultra discs
G2 Red caliper paint front and rear
Kodiak 3 piece wheels
Toyo R888 tires
motor mount inserts
ACT clutch, street disc and the more aggressive pressure plate. LESS THEN 1K (now about 11,000 miles) – note, it takes practice to engage smoothly
Fidanza aluminum flywheel
Front speakers upgraded to 5.25 in
rear speakers upgraded to 6.5 inch
Alpine fold out 7 inch screen with full navigation
BWR extended wheel studs
Blox racing lug nuts

Mods I have made:
Carbon Fiber door inserts
CF (Craft Square) Carbon Fiber wide angle mirrors, new from Japan
Exige GT4 Wing, painted to match body color
Re-packed exhaust
Upper rear control arm bushings – based upon advice from Lotus mechanic to prevent any control arm failures during hard braking
New Toyo R888’s at 27,420 plus 4 corner balanced
New Sector 111 Ultradisks (front and rear) at 27,420
New Brake pads (front and rear) CL RC5+ at 27,420
I added a SS bolt behind the clutch pedal to significantly reduce the slop from the clutch prior to engagement, so it engages very quickly as you release it. This is easy to change back to stock, but I recommend keeping it this way. Once you learn how to drive it this makes using the clutch much easier and helps you get off the line faster.

Warranty work done on oil coolers/lines by Boardwalk Auto Mall in Redwood City, CA

While in California it passed smog more than 3 times, the most recent in June 2014. Engine compartment looks completely stock.

While I owned it I participated in about 7 autocross events (all with the Golden Gate Lotus Club) and 1 intro track day (my wife drove it during track day, barely broke 100mph, definitely not pushed to the limits). LOTS of canyon carving. She still runs perfectly, the same as the day I bought her. I last checked the cams at 25,xxx miles and they were in great shape.

Overall I give it a 9 out of 10.

Here are the bads:
1. The front splitter is pretty beat up (it had a few knicks when I bought it). This car is slightly lowered and you have to be really careful around driveways/curbs. Most damage occurred in the first 6 months after I bought it, since then I raised it by 5mm and have learned what I can/cannot drive over. The good part is I removed it once and the clam underneath is in perfect condition. I have an un-painted replacement that will go with the car. I suggest the new owner keeps it on until they learn the limits.
2. The front passenger headlight is not working (stopped working about 6 months ago), will need to be replaced
3. Rims have several small nicks on the black portion, nothing unusual given the age of the car (or all the rock strewn mountain roads in Northern CA). Overall the rims need some TLC.
4. One very small nick on the front clam from a rock that went through the starshield and into the base paint, you would be hard pressed to find it if I didn’t point it out. Some nicks on the star-shield at the rear tires.
5. The dry-cell was replaced with a standard car battery (the previous owner was tired of it dying). Weighs a bit more than OEM, but I have never had any problems with it.
6. The rear diffuser is all carbon fiber, the fins have been scrapped on the bottom several times (mostly from the previous owner). You can only see it if you look under the car.
7. The lumbar supports for the seats don’t hold air for more than an hour.

I strongly encourage anyone interested in coming to see it in person. I also encourage the buyer to have it checked out by a mechanic (I had Dietschwerks in San Jose inspect the car before I bought it in 2012).

I will throw in any other spare parts I have including the stock mirrors, stock intake, old diffuser, misc fasteners, etc…

$37,000 obo

e-mail me at:

champton1 at hotmail.com

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Very nice car!

You were spotted around the Chicagoland area and the Ithica Verde really caught my eye (I threw in the pic I saw).

I know you said you don't have much time to take it out, but if it isn't sold by next weekend then you should consider joining some of the other Lotus owners and I in the area for a spirited drive in Wisconsin. (http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f11...alphabet-soup-spirited-drive-5-7-16-a-357033/)

Good luck with your sale!

Attachments

#11 ·
I am an engineer and wish I could give a more technical answer. The previous owner passed smog several times, I passed twice ( I can post results if anyone is interested). The engine bay looks stock, it still has the catalytic converter, etc... I also did a lot of research online and there are many others in CA who passed.

#12 ·
Seeing this made me realize how much I want another Lotus, so I just listed my BMW for sale yesterday...

Such a good looking car and a great build, I love everything about it. I hope this thing goes to a good home (maybe mine if the stars align).

GLWS!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.