The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!
  • Notice image
    Reminder! You're responsible for closing your listing when your item is sold/found/traded - when doing so please select SOLD or FOUND. If you post phone numbers and emails in your ad, your listing will be deleted (this is for your personal protection). If posting a Want to Buy please be sure you have picked the correct listing type from the three selections, ie., Want to Buy - not For Sale or For Trade. Thanks for reading!

2005 LRG Elise, 12.5K miles

4K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  therudi1 
#1 · (Edited)
2005 LRG Elise, 12.3K miles

2005 Lotus Elise (supercharged) for sale with 12.3K miles. Car currently resides in Seattle, Washington. Moved up north about 6 months ago and have not gotten to drive as much as I wanted to. Car is in perfect working condition, only reason for selling is that I am looking for more of an everyday GT car.

Bought new from symbolic motorcars in San Diego with the following options:
• Lotus Racing Green Exterior Paint
• Biscuit Leather Interior
• Sport Pack
• Touring Pack
• Hard top
• Starshield Clear bra (A little beat up, but has kept the paint safe)

Sole owner, clean title, always garage stored, seen at most 60 min of rain in its life. And to answer your next question, yes, the car has been tracked (only a handful of times) between city driving and canyon carving.

Car has 27K in modifications, all aimed at making the car faster, more responsive and able stand up to anything the driver throws at it. Original parts available upon request. Oil, brake and transmission fluids were always changed after any track days or 6 months of use. Currently has new rubber as well (205 front and 245 rear).

This is my baby, only the best fluids (Motul) and parts used. Recently, the car has only seen highway driving after a complete 60-point inspection by sector 111, a newly rebuilt transmission and Limited Slip Differential install.

This is the perfect car for that individual who wants a track ready car that can also be driven on the street (It passes smog in California). Message me if interested, I would be happy to answer any additional question on the car.

Reduced! Asking $43,500 (OBO, negotiable, no trades) – Would prefer if it finds a new home with a true lotus enthusiast

The following additional modification (27K) were all professionally installed by Sector 111, Paladin motorsports and lucent motors.

Engine:
• Lightweight Battery
• Xtender (Batt Bracket w/Cutoff Switch
• Sector 111 "TrackMount" Engine Mounts – No more engine movement, instant throttle response
• ProRAd 3 Pass Alum Radiator
• Moroso oil pan – More oil capacity and baffles to prevent oil starvation
• BOE Fabrication exhaust (the Quarter Stick) – designed to not burn out during heavy use
• Sector 111 Katana Supercharger – Original (around 218 rear-wheel hp (~245hp), 138 rear-wheel lb-ft of torque (~155 lbs-ft))

Transmission:
• ACT clutch street trip disc/extreme pressure plate
• Fidanza lightweight aluminum flywheel – Extremely quick revving and easier rev matching during downshifts
• SuperLock Limited Slip Differential – Puts the extra supercharger power down rain or shine
• Gear cable (GSCable) + Cross cable (CGCable) – Much improved shift feel
• Rebuilt transmission – One of the synchro was starting to go so I had the complete transmission redone before putting up for sale
• Shifter Reinforcement kit

Suspension:
• Nitron sport suspension coilovers (single adjustable) – Set soft for street driving, or stiffen for any track situation. Lowered to cup car specifications and corner balanced
• Titan QR Steering Rack – Even faster steering response than stock
• RTD Brace

Wheels/Brakes:
• RAC Monolite Wheels (Silver 16x7 and 17x8) – Some of the lightest wheels available
• Ultra-discs front – Lighter than stock
• Ultra-discs rear – Lighter than stock
• Stainless steel brake lines

Interior:
• Oil temp and pressure gauges – In custom carbon housing (done by another lotustalk member)
• Fire ext. assy. Polished
• Race Technologies (DL-1 and Dash-2) – Lap timer and visual screen (replaced radio)
• Micro mirror
• Shroth Profi II ASM Harness – Driver’s side only
• V-Force Harness Bar
• HNT Pad (heel + toe extension) – Easier for heel toe downshifts

Exterior:
• Sector 111 60-point inspection – All vital bolts marked with paint for quick visual inspection for proper torque before any spirited driving
• Folding tow hook
• Specialized/custom side mirrors (MR racing)
• ReVerie CF 111S Diffuser
• Rear Panel Eliminator

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
hey there, i'm a seattle (shoreline) resident and have been looking at getting an elise. i've been lurking for a bit and finally joined to reply to your for sale ad. i, unfortunately, don't know how to PM you, but happy to chat if you can PM me. I can come by for a test drive tomorrow (4/21) if you (and the car) are available

thanks

#10 ·
CARB legal?

Lots of great upgrades. I'm interested in most of them but need to register the car in California. Is there a CARB sticker on the supercharger?

From the Sector 111 website: "Sector111 products may not be legal for sale or use in the state of California on any pollution-controlled motor vehicles. Performance products are legal in California only for racing vehicles, which may never be used on a public highway."

#11 ·
Lots of great upgrades. I'm interested in most of them but need to register the car in California. Is there a CARB sticker on the supercharger?

From the Sector 111 website: "Sector111 products may not be legal for sale or use in the state of California on any pollution-controlled motor vehicles. Performance products are legal in California only for racing vehicles, which may never be used on a public highway."
No CARB Sticker... But the car has passed California smog twice.

The engine bay looks stock since the supercharger is hidden under the original engine cover for the visual. Has original cat and headers so sniff/emissions test passes as well. Biggest challenge with getting this car smog checked is finding a place that has a low enough dyno so that the diffuser fins don't scrape.

Additionally, stock engine parts included with car if one wishes to remove the supercharger.

#12 ·
Looks like the original driver's seat was modified to accommodate the harness. Nice touch! Do you know how it was done? Is there sufficient structure in the seat below the pass-thru holes to support the downforce of the harness? I would want to adapt the passenger side in the same fashion.

#13 ·
The seat has a hard plastic back that was cut with a small hand saw at the top to allow fitting of the sector 111 harness seat grommets. They do not affect the integrity/downforce capability of the seat since 95% of the seat structure is below. Holes are in a similar place to the Exige seats.

Note, the shroth harness is specifically designed to have the inside shoulder belt release under heavy impact (acting like the traditional 3-point belt). This is a safety feature to prevent submarining under the 4-point and to reduce whiplash (since on the street people don't wear hans devices).

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.