2006 Chili Red Exige - Rebuilt - Richmond VA - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

Cool 2006 Chili Red Exige - Rebuilt - Richmond VA

The time has come. After such a positive experience with this car, I bought a second Lotus (2011 Canyon Red Evora) at the end of 2015, and since then the Exige hasn't gotten much attention. Car is owned outright with title in hand. Richmond, VA.

2006 Chili Red Exige, 69,xxx miles, rebuilt title, sports & touring package. Prior owner had "issues with a curb" in 2010 resulting in insurance totaling the car. Car was repaired, and inspection at purchase highlighted no ongoing issues. I bought in early 2014 with ~51k miles. ~20k spirited miles later (including a few auto-cross, track days) and I have experienced no issues.

The fun stuff:
  • Car runs great - beyond standard fluids/filter changes and tires, no notable maintenance required during my ownership
  • Stage 2 exhaust added - car sounds GREAT...lots of pops!
  • V6 style OEM side mirrors added
  • 2010-style OEM wing added
  • Carbon bits added (side scoops, access panels, gas door)
  • "Fog" lights actually installed and functional
  • Raceseng red front tow hook
  • Radium coolant expansion tank
  • 4-point racing harnesses for driver/passenger
  • Reverse camera added by me for an always-on rear view mirror (and Bluetooth for music/calls)

The slightly less fun stuff:
  • Car has 70k miles; car was repaired & repainted ~30k miles ago, but some rock chips present and some paint areas do show wear/dullness (some areas have OEM starshield); some limited rust on original front/radiator metal grilles
  • Front splitter has a not yet fixed chip - this is visible but not noticeable in photos
  • Wheels do have some curb rash (prior owner, I swear!)
  • Car sits low, so front window has handful of rock chips (most already repaired)
  • Late last year the CDL (fob door lock/unlock) unit had issues and no longer locks (only unlocks); this has been on backorder from Lotus for the past 6 months; manual door/key locking works
  • A048's will need a refresh later this year

Asking $34k. Feel free message, email alexmth@gmail.com or text/call 707-849-5972. I am willing to deliver anywhere on the East Coast.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 07:06 PM
Will work for tires

Garage
Looks like a very nice car, but the pictures look more like Ardent Red (especially the last two) than Chili Red. Are you sure it is Chili and not Ardent?

Good luck with your sale! At that price during this time of season I can't imagine it will be for sale for long.

'06 Laser Blue Elise: Sport and Touring Pack

Elise/Exige Production Numbers
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPaw View Post
Looks like a very nice car, but the pictures look more like Ardent Red (especially the last two) than Chili Red. Are you sure it is Chili and not Ardent?
I appreciate the skepticism! My sunset timing makes all these photos look a deeper red and hides the chili flake. This picture better captures the near-orange hue of the chili.
Attached Images

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 07:31 PM
2006 Exige

Garage
Yep, that's Chili Red!

Could you post some interior pics. It appears that it has Elise seats and a rewrapped steering wheel???
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 06:10 AM
Will work for tires

Garage
Yep, definitely Chili and looks absolutely awesome. One of the more rare colors with less than 10 of the 06 Exiges coming in it. I would say good luck with you sale again, but I doubt you'll need it. Very nice car

'06 Laser Blue Elise: Sport and Touring Pack

Elise/Exige Production Numbers
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 07:10 AM

Garage
Wow, my dream find. You wouldn't want a nice Rev400 2005 LRG in trade, would you?

But my real question: "Reverse camera added by me for an always-on rear view mirror (and Bluetooth for music/calls)" Any details on this?

2005 LRG Lotus Elise
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLKado View Post
But my real question: "Reverse camera added by me for an always-on rear view mirror (and Bluetooth for music/calls)" Any details on this?
Yes! There was a reverse camera in the car from the prior owner, but I was not impressed by the quality. In summer'14 I added a POWER ACOUSTIK PD-712B. Toggle switch on the right of the hvac controls swaps between standard audio/bluetooth (which in these cars is...mediocre if actually driving on the road) and always-on rear view functionality. Decent pixel quality, much more user friendly for the audio/bluetooth. See photos below.
Attached Images

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLKado View Post
Wow, my dream find. You wouldn't want a nice Rev400 2005 LRG in trade, would you?
LRG would bring some good diversity to the garage, but I'm looking for simplification rather than alternate fun
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZelise View Post
Could you post some interior pics. It appears that it has Elise seats and a rewrapped steering wheel???
Yes indeed, see below.

Leather (maybe) wrapped Momo steering wheel. I've driven a few local Elises/Exiges and this thing feels good. Pretty sure the red stitching adds some mental hp to the car too

Seats are Probax and remarkably comfortable. Not the stock 06 Exige seats, but I also know they're not 05 Elise and not 07+ Exige S (and pretty sure they're not 06 Elise, but I could be proven wrong).

Also I clearly did not mention the Carbon door sills and chili red center console. Pictures added today are the car as of 4pm today.
Attached Images

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 04:16 AM Thread Starter

One week bump.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 05:29 AM
I Have Commitment Issues

Seen the car, driven the car, and can vouch for the seller. This is definitely a blast for the money.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

Temporarily off market.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Lotus Cars For Sale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.