The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!
  • Notice image
    Reminder! You're responsible for closing your listing when your item is sold/found/traded - when doing so please select SOLD or FOUND. If you post phone numbers and emails in your ad, your listing will be deleted (this is for your personal protection). If posting a Want to Buy please be sure you have picked the correct listing type from the three selections, ie., Want to Buy - not For Sale or For Trade. Thanks for reading!
Status
Not open for further replies.

2006 Exige BRG <5k miles

8K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  oldmansan 
#1 · (Edited)
2006 Exige BRG &lt;5k miles

For sale.

2006 Exige. British Racing Green (solid), Track Pack, Star Sheild, NON-LSD, Non-Supercharged, Leather seats, Blaupunkt radio, Traction Control. Schroth harnesses, but no factory retractables are in the car. Currently has ~4,750 miles on it. With these options it is the last of 2 like it. Provenance, 2 keys with FOBS, all original booklets, etc come with the car. Original tires still on it, car is pretty much immaculate with exception of the rear trunk is missing carpet kit and some of the grey paint has flaked off for some reason. New battery, aftermarket intake (do not have original intake, must have been original owner that swapped it). I CAREFULLY removed the headliner and the paint is beautiful underneath so I didn't bother replacing. There is an outstanding recall on the oil lines, but I have not had the chance to trailer it 4 hours away to the closest dealership (Houston, TX).

Car has not been tracked to my knowledge, but I am the third owner. Previous owner had it from 2008 and he bought it at 3,600 miles. I have only put ~600 miles on it since owning and have babied around the transmission to car shows and to take the wife out on occasion. I have not driven in rain and I do not think the previous owner did either.

The bad is the transmission scratches in 3rd gear - If I were keeping I would rebuild with all carbon syncros and install LSD while at it. All parts I have priced are around $1,650 including the LSD or you could buy a BRAND NEW celica trans for ~$2,500 and have a spare. It will shift UP into 3rd OK when warmed, but downshifting is definitely bad. Apparently this one just got a bad transmission from the factory because it's all 100% numbers matching with the Lotus Provenance.

Also bad is the front lip has some cracking gel coat where I'm assuming the previous owner went down/up an incline/decline too steep. I would replace with one without front plate (because we don't require them in Louisiana), but again that decision is for next owner.

IF you wanted a low miles British Racing Green Exige this is it. Turns heads everywhere you go. Fits in at cars and coffee events like they were designed for it. GREAT car. Never been wrecked at all and no signs of repaint anywhere. Been in a garage every night since 2008. Paint could use wax/polish but I'll leave that to next owner.

$45,000

Title is currently held by local bank.

Patrick in Lafayette, LA
337-654-38 thirty-four.

See less See more
#9 ·
#12 ·
GL, I was really just replying to show I purchased the car to try and keep a record of the car via the forums. This is essentially my dream car.

However, once I get the new transmission installed, which was the main reason this thing sat unsold for a while, I'd sell it for $44k. This would include the original transmission (needs 3rd gear synchro replaced) as well as a new Difflow 5-element rounded diffuser and HKFever matte 6k carbon fiber front splitter and side scoops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.