The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!
  • Notice image
    Reminder! You're responsible for closing your listing when your item is sold/found/traded - when doing so please select SOLD or FOUND. If you post phone numbers and emails in your ad, your listing will be deleted (this is for your personal protection). If posting a Want to Buy please be sure you have picked the correct listing type from the three selections, ie., Want to Buy - not For Sale or For Trade. Thanks for reading!

2013 Lotus EVORA S 2+2 IPS White/Red

4K views 23 replies 6 participants last post by  +TSRAGR 
#1 · (Edited)
So its time to sell my 2013 Lotus Evora S 2+2 IPS. The car is immaculate, it's white with red interior.
I bought the car last december from Motorcars of Georgia (Lotus Dealer).

This car was a buy back, which means it has a branded title. This car was NEVER in any type of an accident and has clean history. I bought the car at 13k miles and currently the car has 29k miles and I've never had any issues what so ever with the car. Besides an oil change and new rear tires, the car didn't need anything.

The car still has 2 months Lotus Factory Warranty left on it. (Screen shot of warranty from Lotus system is in the thread below)

I drove the car 15k miles since I've had it and there were never any issues with the car. The buy back happened because of the known engine wiring harness issue.
In early stages, lotus couldn't pin point the issue and because of that this car, amoung alot of other lotuses were lemoned. Once Lotus figured out what the problem was they replaced Engine Wiring Harness and that resolved the issue. There are alot of threads and information about this online.

Also note, I drove this car 15k miles and I have had no issues. It's a perfect car that has a branded title because Lotus could not figure out the solution in time thus Lemon law kicked in.

Oh! I have also recently replaced the factory exhaust with PLACK exhaust and its AMAZING!!!! The sound is just unbelieveable. (Factory exhaust is included with this sale)

The car is located in North Carolina and please feel free to call me or email me with any questions.

There is a Lotus dealer about an hour and a half from me (Flow Lotus), if anyone is interested, I can take the car there for a PPI (Pre-purchase inspection).

CARFAX available upon request.

VIN# SCCLMDSU3DHA10037

Price: $49,500

Name: Faraz Raza
Cell: 631.223.6868
Email: Syedfarazraza@hotmail.com

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
The car was bought back due to engine wiring harness issue. I did some research before I bought the car and it looked like there was an issue which Lotus could not figure out earlier. Though, later on they figured out that it was a bad engine wiring harness and then they replaced them which took care of the problem. I drove the car 15k miles and had no issues at all. As far as the price goes, I am not firm on the price and I am open to reasonable offers. Thank You!!!

#8 ·
I have some bad news, unfortunately. I am interested in the car so I asked my local Lotus dealer to verify the warranty. The factory warranty expired on 7 Nov 2015. The wiring harness was replaced in Feb 2015. There is a note in their system that states "1 year warranty from July 1st 2015" which has passed. The warranty that you say is still left may only be through your specific dealership, but according to Lotus's system there is no remaining factory warranty. PM me if you want me to forward the email to you. You may want to bring this up with your dealer before selling in case there was a miscommunication.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

#9 ·
Why would the warranty on a 2013 car expire in 2015? Because of the buyback?

#13 · (Edited)
Motor Cars Of Georgia called, they forwarded me an email from the head of warranty at Lotus. Looks like warranty was suppose to be there but for some reason Lotus never activated it for my car. The requested the paperwork from the dealer and they will be activating the warranty. I will update the post once warranty has been updated.

#14 ·
Besides the warranty its still a branded title car and so that automatically takes a hit on the price unfortunately for you. Having the warranty would help with getting the price back up a little but it all depends on what you paid for it and how much of a hit you will take.

I have seen Motor Cars of GA sell buyback Evora before and every buyer takes a hit and it becomes more significant as time and mileage adds up on the car.

#16 ·
I generally dont keep cars for too long. I had an elise before this for about 5 months and then I got this. Plus I am planning to buy a house next year so I am just thinking of saving up to make that move.

Also, Motor Cars Of Georgia called, they forwarded me an email from the head of warranty at Lotus. Looks like warranty was suppose to be there but for some reason Lotus never activated it for my car. The requested the paperwork from the dealer and they will be activating the warranty. I will update the post once warranty has been updated.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.