The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!
  • Notice image
    Reminder! You're responsible for closing your listing when your item is sold/found/traded - when doing so please select SOLD or FOUND. If you post phone numbers and emails in your ad, your listing will be deleted (this is for your personal protection). If posting a Want to Buy please be sure you have picked the correct listing type from the three selections, ie., Want to Buy - not For Sale or For Trade. Thanks for reading!

FS: 2005 AR Lotus Elise, 38,2xx Miles

10K views 30 replies 10 participants last post by  BlueMustang 
#1 · (Edited)
FS: 2005 AR Lotus Elise, 38,2xx Miles (updated price)

2005 Lotus Elise For Sale with 38,2xx Miles
Ardent Red
Clear Title, Title in-hand
SCCPC11175HL30938
Located in Fredericksburg, VA 22406 (approx 50 miles south of DC)

Factory options
1) Hard top & Soft Top
2) Star Shield with expected road rash due to mileage
3) Touring package with power windows and leather seats
4) Early 2005 with Dual Oil Coolers
5) Factory Auxillary Lights (I installed in 2006)

Aftermarket Additions
1) ITG Intake
2) LETSLA Shifter Upgrade Installed (awesome upgrade)
3) BWR front license plate bracket that mounts via tow hook (easily removable and no holes in plinth)
4) HID Low ("Dip Beam") headlights (Original Ekological Kit)
5) Heated Drivers Seat (check the photo)
6) Drivers seat upgrade with Kemmler Air2Gel Foam & Lumbar bladder relocation
7) Sound deadener applied to floor and firewall
8) Headlight Embellisher Rings

- Second owner, purchased in 2006
- Both recalls completed (Shifter & Oil Cooler Lines)
- Tires still have plenty of tread as can be seen from the photos
- Synthetic oil at every oil change at a minimum of once a year or max of 5K miles (Usually done every 2-4k miles)
- Minimal curb rash on rims
- Tracked once
- Never any engine problems
- Garaged and covered the entire time I have owned it
- Two keys, one Fob and emergency key
- Sorted car, ready to go
- No Trades, please

Driven on nice days except for a handful of rainy drives. Enjoyed, but now time to move on to something more refined, like an Evora. Photos show the center console was painted with a rattle can with predictable results. I didn't care enough to fix the inevitable cracks/scratches. Same for the engine covers. Self-painted front calipers. One photo shows a small crack on the front clam after hitting a possum (he didn't make it). The crack is small (~1") and I didn't think it was bad enough to require a fix. The photo shows the crack (with AR paint to minimize appearance) and the bottom of the grill is held on by Gorilla Glue.

Asking $33k (or reasonable offer)

Attachments

See less See more
#25 ·
Free Bump for you sir! I would be on this in a heartbeat if I didn't have one already. Great price for whoever is the new owner. GLWS.

#26 ·
As far as repairing the crack in the clam, I did some research a while back about this. I figured it would cost ~$500 including a touch-up respray. They'd have to take off the appropriate lower StarShield section covering the lower front of the car. This was another reason that I just let it be. Adding an appropriate replacement starshield would obviously cost more.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.