The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!
  • Notice image
    Reminder! You're responsible for closing your listing when your item is sold/found/traded - when doing so please select SOLD or FOUND. If you post phone numbers and emails in your ad, your listing will be deleted (this is for your personal protection). If posting a Want to Buy please be sure you have picked the correct listing type from the three selections, ie., Want to Buy - not For Sale or For Trade. Thanks for reading!
Status
Not open for further replies.

FS: 2009 LOTUS EXIGE S240 1 OF 14. ALL OPTIONS EXCELLENT CONDITION. $48,500

19K views 88 replies 25 participants last post by  JvegasExige 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well i've decided to part ways with my 2009 Phantom Black Lotus Exige S240. I bought it with the intentions of tracking it, but I can't do it, I just can't see myself tearing up such a beautiful car. Sometimes it's just nice to appreciate the beauty of these very unique special vehicles. That being said i'm moving in a different direction, so i've decided to sell. This is a 2009 Lotus Exige S240 1 of 14 imported in the U.S. for that model year. This Exige has every available option, including Touring Pack, Track pack, Traction control and Limited slip differential. The car also has AP calipers and brakes along with drilled and slotted rotors. I also have a rear camera setup that is linked to the rearview mirror and LCD stereo display. This is perfect for all the blind spots these cars have. It stays on while driving, so you always can see your surroundings. The car has updated Rockford Fosgate speakers in the front and back along with a amplifier. They sound excellent. This Exige is super quick. The car was never tracked to the best of my knowledge and has been very well maintained. New Yokohama tires in the back along with new in the front. No curb rash on any of the wheels. Paint is in excellent condition and is professionally polished twice a month. Car has been garage stored. This Exige has a clean Carfax, Clean Title, No accidents, paintwork or bodywork. The car runs and drives excellent with no mechanical issues. The current mileage is 53,500 and will go up as I do still drive it here and there. I'm asking $49,995. If you have any questions feel free to send me a PM or you can call or text Jonathon @ (248)921-4082. Thanks for looking and God Bless.

Attachments

See less See more
#56 ·
I'm glad you're enjoying the car! Honestly I can't believe the car is still for sale either.The first person who see's it in person will buy it. I've had a lot of interest, but all phone calls, text's and email's. I think when they see it in person it will be sold.

#70 ·
Haha ya sorry about your ebay auction, though I was glad to see it live another day closer to my purchase window :)

#72 ·
Okay $46.7K anyone? This is the cheapest 2009 S240 anywhere. You could drive this car and still get what you paid for it. Here's some photo's in the sun.

Attachments

Reactions: MotoGeek
#75 ·
I preface this by saying I have owned 16 Lotuses and currently own four. I unfortunately think the Lotus market has hit its peak and is coming down. I also think the Porsche and Ferrari market is slightly bloated as well. I am an avid car collector as well as always buying track cars/race cars. I honestly think due to the higher mileage, this car is probably worth $43,000 to $44,000. Jonathan is a fantastic first rate Lotus owner and I offered him those numbers about two months ago and understandably he decided to wait. Without a doubt this car will be first rate. If anyone is on the fence I would suggest just talking to Johnathon and you will be completely reassured.
Recently, I asked my best Lotus buddy if I should buy this car and here is his response:
"
To me the problems
are that the racer crowd is probably moving on to more competitive/newer
cars, and the Exige is getting too pricey for the 2nd hand exotic driver to
justify when ~$30K will get a beautiful Elise. Not that they aren't good, but is the extra
bodywork really worth a $20k+ premium on a 7-10 year old car over an Elise
of the same age? If you are really going to drive it hard, taking that money
and adding new bits from Sector111 and BOE will still be cheaper.
This leaves people that want to build a good racer Exige for the better
downforce etc, and the collectors. Most of those will buy a low mile car,
because why not?
So this car is too high mile for the collector or racer to want to invest
lots of money, and too expensive for the IT guy still living in mom's
basement.
That said, the other Exiges will catch up on miles and attrition. $40,000
and will buy this weekend? Settle on $42,500 after a few minutes and he'll
probably say yes at this point."

Again not my words but I thougt he had some good points.

#77 ·
A 2007 Exige with 23k miles just sold for 50k. This is a 2009 with better brakes, more horsepower and LSD. I think my price makes up for the mileage. The car needs nothing. Tires are practically new. I'll even throw in 5 quarts of Mobil1 and a oil filter, so your first oil change is on me. I'd buy a S240 at 43k anyday of the week just tell me where. Maybe it's just me, but miles don't bother me much if the car is well documented and maintained. I also don't think this is high mileage for the powertrain in this car. If it was a Lamborghini,Ferrari, etc then I think the scenerio would be different, because you'd be looking at way higher routine maintenance expenses. This car doesn't cost anything to maintain compared to other luxury and exotic vehicles. All this being said, I really do feel my price is fair.

Reactions: Car-chitect
#82 ·
This. These cars are fantastic on both the street and the track, and while your M3 will eat brakes at $1500+ per refresh of pads and rotors (not to mention what your Ferrari or Porsche would cost), this will go twice as long under the same conditions and come in at less than $900 for the same brake refresh. The same is true for tires, engine work, etc. And it will be as much fun, and be more involving, than just about anything else out there.

My Exige S with almost 40K miles still burns NO oil, even after a real hammering at the track- I couldn't even say that about my Honda S2000 at 23k miles, and those have a stellar reputation for reliability.

Plus this one has the awesome mohawk roof that is so frikkin cool ;)

I am hoping to hang onto my '07 until it is wayyy above these mileage numbers. Anyone hesitating because of the mileage should jump off the fence and snag a well-cared-for future classic.

#78 ·
I can kind of see the reasoning behind the idea that it's too expensive for a track car when compared with an Elise... but then, you can't turn the same times in a stock Elise @ $30k - with this you get 50BHP (so what, like 35-40 at the wheels?) and a few other nice things (like the extra 100 pounds of down force @ 100MPH in the back) right out of the box.

Never mind the fact that the pictures look like it literally just got painted TODAY and still hasn't fully dried :p

For me personally, I love the body work of the Exige. The rear end of the Elise looks more feminine while the Exige has a bulkier and more masculine look and feel. The Exige has that "I'm a mid-engine exotic, just look at my pasta-rocket styled rear end" appeal that you just don't get from the trunk of the Elise.

But, as others have said, people might be looking for lower mileage "rare versions" (even though in the USA pretty much ALL 05-11 Elise/Exige models are RARE). And of course if you can get an Elise for 15k less then yes, you can probably exceed the Exige in track performance for the same final payout.

So again, GLWS. If I were in the market right now, it would be sold and I would be driving to you this weekend to pick it up. Just wait till a fan of the Exige look comes along with the cash (or financing?) and you'll get your sale. Hopefully you get it before winter as I noticed you mentioned your passenger would prefer something needing a bit fewer acrobatics to enter and exit :)

I, for one, love this car!

#79 ·
Very well said. Now, if you're in the market for an Exige S, and your plan is to bump your power with a 300 kit in the near future, a 240 like this strikes me as a great deal compared to a 220, given its upgraded clutch (and brakes I guess) to handle that upgrade. Would this be a logical frame of mind? It's how I've been thinking recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.