The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!
  • Notice image
    Reminder! You're responsible for closing your listing when your item is sold/found/traded - when doing so please select SOLD or FOUND. If you post phone numbers and emails in your ad, your listing will be deleted (this is for your personal protection). If posting a Want to Buy please be sure you have picked the correct listing type from the three selections, ie., Want to Buy - not For Sale or For Trade. Thanks for reading!

M100 Elan for Sale

8K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  MadisonArt 
#1 ·
M100 For Sale
Color: Monaco White
Mileage: 80,784
Price: $16000
I am the 6th owner

Some of you that are astute may remember this car was posted for sale by me just over a year ago. Well, I decided to keep the car a while longer but still have the itch for an Evora S or 400, so it's back up for sale. Previously, this was a southern California car that was transported via enclosed carrier here to Florida. This was the best available M100 Elan on the market when I bought it after many months of searching.

As you can tell from the photos this isn't your typical M100 project car. It is near show car quality. No, it is not perfect--there are a couple of minor trim items I had planned to address, for instance, lacking sun visors and the metal protectors for the backs of the seats. The paint is original except for front bumper and overall is exceptional. Seats are original material and show some very minor wear, no major cracks or driver "rub" marks, but they are almost 25 years old. Rubber, glass, body are in excellent condition. No rust to undercarriage which, as is evident, is spotless. Car shifts perfectly, chassis does not squeak, windows lifts function properly, all gauges work as well as a/c. No accidents.

I have the original wheels which have been repainted silver and have the centercaps but prefer the look of these aftermarket wheels. Tires are Kumho and still have plenty of tread. Top is virtually new and was never even lowered until I purchased car. Engine has Everest chip installed.

Included are original steering wheel and shift knob as well as Parts and Service manuals and book of receipts and Certificate of Provenance. This is the 151st car built for the US. It's the 30th of 104 built in Monaco White. Lots of other goodies are included as well.

I'm sure I am leaving some details out, but upon request I can send more info or photos of specific areas of interest. The hash stripe is vinyl and can be easily removed if required.

I think the asking price is very fair considering the overall condition. (I was asking $18,500 last year)

As before, I have not advertised on LEC or anywhere else--thought I would give Lotustalk community first chance, but will consider other sources if for some reason it doesn't sell here. :UK:

Email: hy8r1d@aol.com

Attachments

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Good Morning!

Gorgeous Elan and great representation!

I'd take it for your asking price on trade for a new Evora 400. Just need to confirm the VIN and carfax.

Should you have interest to discuss, please feel free to call or send me a pm.

My office number is 317-245-6312. Or you can send an email to brian@gatormotorsport.com

I'd greatly enjoy working with you.

Regards,

Brian Henry
Gator Motorsport

#8 ·
Now over a month and not a soul has even looked at this car. :shrug: If they did, it would probably be sold. Mileage now 80,888. If I decide to replace with a Evora 400 instead of a used S, I will probably trade since I have recently received a quite generous offer. I will decide next month. In the meantime car is still available and is not advertised anywhere else. Yes I am familiar with LEC. For your enjoyment, I have attached the following:

Text Paper

#11 ·
LOWERED PRICE: $15,000

Just a note. Completed round trip from Florida to LOG in Alabama and back with no problems. If you were there it was the M100 with blue painters tape covering the front lower valance, headlight covers, bumper and portion of hood. Yes a bit OCD but car returned home as it left.

#13 · (Edited)
does everything work on the car? Does it throw any faults with the original steering wheel removed? Does the car come with the original wheels? Also, the top frame was prone to tearing the seats behind the headrest when lowered, any damage there? A very nice car!
Any service records?

Very nice! I had a monac white back when they first came out.
Thanks
Chris SMith

#17 ·
To answer a few questions. Chris, I knew you too, when you had a white Esprit (93 1/2?). Must have been over 20 years ago.

As far as service history goes, I have a book of receipts as shown in one of the photos above and mentioned in the first post. Original wheels are stored, as is original steering wheel and shift knob. Not shown in photo is custom fitted indoor/outdoor car cover and fitted windshield shade. What I don't have are sun visors, the metal protector tabs behind seats and tool kit. Seats do not have any damage from rubbing against the frame of the folded top. The top was new and was never even lowered until after I purchased the car. Radio is aftermarket. Every once in a while the CEL will light briefly but only for a few seconds. Have not checked with a paper clip or code reader. Everest chip is installed. Do not have factory chip. Paint is excellent and very shiny, no missing clearcoat.

Yes, Brian at Gator has made me even a better offer than above but I am not quite willing to throw down nearly a hundred large when low mileage 2014 Evora S are available under $60K. Perhaps I will change my mind since driving a 400 around Putnam Park was such a great experience a couple weeks ago. I wish all Lotus dealers were like Gator. Credit goes to Young Kim and his customer oriented business philosophy.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.