For Sale: 2005 Lotus Elise Katana2 Supercharged - TONS of extras - 17K miles - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 07:18 AM Thread Starter
Recreational Mechanic

Garage
For Sale: 2005 Lotus Elise Katana2 Supercharged - TONS of extras - 17K miles

***SOLD***SOLD***SOLD***

For Sale
2005 Lotus Elise with Katana2 Supercharger and BOE Torque250 ECU tune in Chrome Orange
TONS of desirable extras and upgrades included
Currently 17,250 original miles
Clear/clean title in hand (No liens on the car)

General Info/Background:

Let me start this by saying I am a honest private party seller and this is a solid Elise. I bought this car in 2015 via LotusTalk from the original owner in upstate NY and had the car shipped to Colorado where I live. The car was almost completely stock when I bought it and has been garaged it’s entire life. It has never seen snow and rarely seen rain. Since I have owned it storage has been in a heated garage.

I have done many preferred upgrades and modifications on the car since owning it and have done nearly all the work myself. I have a nice shop attached to my house with a lift and I am a former ASE certified auto mechanic with severe OCD so the upgrades were done well and with great care and attention to detail. They only work I have had a shop do on the car since I have owned it is the alignment and corner balancing which was done by a local racing shop.

My goal was to build a really fun streetable track day car and this car is SUPER fun to drive both street and track. While I have not weighed the car I would guess based on the upgrades that the empty weight of the car is around 1900lbs or slightly less.

About the car:
2005 Lotus Elise
Clean Colorado title in hand (no liens on the car)
Chassis number 2760
All service records since car was new are included (A spreadsheet listing them, along with all receipts are included with the car)
Original window sticker and original bill of sale included
All recalls are done on the car including the oil line recall (These were done by the previous owner at an upstate New York Lotus dealer)

Factory configuration:
Chrome Orange Lifestyle Paint
Sport pack
Hard top and Soft top (factory storage bags included with the car)
Starshield
Color matched painted center console
Factory A/C delete (According to the certificate of provenance from Lotus this is the only factory A/C delete car imported into the USA in 2005)

Modifications and Upgrades:

Engine/mechanical:
Katana2 Supercharger (purchased new from S111 and installed in fall 2016)
BOE/BWR TorqueTune250
TRD/Cup Airbox (part of the Katana2 kit, Original airbox included)
BOE Silent Touch exhaust
GPan3 baffled oil pan from S111 (original oil pan not available)
Radium Dual Oil Catch Cans
Radium Fuel Surge Tank w/ Walbro 255 pump and fuel pressure gauge
Shifter Re-Enforcer + Stan's Mod
Deca Battery + Xtender2 bracket from S111 (Original battery box included)
Trackmounts front/rear engine mounts from S111 (Original mounts included)
Coolant U-tube delete/bypass
Crankcase vent pipe delete/block off with GRP’s blockoff plates (Original vent pipe included)
Duralast all metal thermostat 180 degree
Redline transmission oil
MWR Lift point kit
Stebel Nautilus horn (Original horn included)

Exterior:
Rear taillight panel and fuel door painted satin black (Rear panel was professionally painted)
GRP mesh grill full kit (Original upper clam grills included, front intake grills not available)
Eliseparts intake side scoop covers
S111 rear panel eliminator (Original rear panel included)
Difflow 5-element rounded solid black diffuser with Aeroplates (Original diffuser included)
EP Tuning rear spoiler (the Colorado flag is just a sticker on it and could be peeled off)
GRP front splitter (SirLotus front clam plates included if you should want to remove the splitter)
EliseParts LED Taillights (Original incandescent taillights included)
All exterior lights converted to LED
LumosHID Bi-xenon headlight kit with Morimoto shutter projectors and Denso OEM ballasts from S111 (Original incandescent projectors included, no wires cut for this install, fully plug and play)
RLS Extendview mirrors
Taillight panel painted stain black (previous owner had professionally done)

Interior:
Micromirror (S111) (Original rearview mirror included)
Sunvisors and sunvisor studs removed (Original parts included, can easily be reinstalled but most people find them useless)
Seat grommets from S111 installed in the factory seats
Sector111 SYS.6 seat reinforcement kit (hardware replaced w/ grade 8.8)
Schroth 6-point harnesses both seats – Stock 3 point belts still in place and work fine for street driving
V-force harness bar from S111
Fire extinguisher/bracket from S111
BWR door sill protectors
Alarm disabled and immobilizer system disabled with Eliseparts bypass plug (Can easily be reversed by reconnecting the system, NO wires were cut)
Lotus side sill leather storage pockets
S111 rubber floor mats w/ aluminum button (Stock floormats included)
Radio/speaker delete (Original factory radio included in original box, original speakers not available, no wires were cut during removal)
Radio delete build plate with chassis number (Super Cool!)
RLS front/rear speaker delete plates
Door/key/seatbelt buzzer disabled (Removed pin from back of instrument cluster, no wires were cut, could easily be reconnected, headlight warning buzzer still works)
Hardtop headliner and adhesive removed and replaced with spray in truck bedliner (popular solution for this common problem)
Trunk carpets removed (Original trunk carpets included)
RLS cell phone clip-on dash mount

Suspension/brakes/wheels:
Nitron Sport Coilovers 425/550 (Installed by previous owner at about 10K miles)
V2 steering arms
RTD2 brace with full inner/outer rear toe-link kit (Original toe link parts included)
Corner balanced with -2.2 front and -2.7 rear camber (Makes it handle AMAZING!) – This was just re-done on the new tires and wheels about 1 month ago.
Original LSS wheels (powder coated black by previous owner) for street w/ worn out A048's (NO curb rash)
Sector111 Ethos wheels 16x7/17x8 for track w/ RE-71Rs (Brand new wheels and tires, 1 track day on them, have never been on the street, NO curb rash on the wheels)
Hexstud wheel stud kit from S111 (original factory security lugs included)
308BBK Wilwood front 4 piston brake kit from S111
OEM Lotus front calipers relocated to the rear using S111 FCR bracket with stock rear calipers retained for the parking brake
G-Loc R12 brake pads (Almost new - Only one track day on them, they do squeal as track pads do but WOW do they stop)
SS brake flex lines from S111
Motul 660 brake fluid

Other items included:
Covercraft custom fit car cover with storage bag
FTP No-drill front license plate bracket (attaches to front tow hook)
Three different front tow hooks (S111, Autotecknic, and a custom one made by a LotusTalk member – best one)
Original owners manuals, warranty manual and slipcover
Original factory toolkit (might be missing a couple things, includes factory tow hook, allen keys, stock lug bolt adapter)
Two original keys, two original alarm fobs

More general info:

The car runs and drives perfectly. The car has various small rock dings in the Starshield and paint consistent with it’s age and mileage, overall minimal. There is a white mark in the paint about ” below the passenger’s side mirror from a sun canopy that blew into the car at the track, barely noticeable and maybe could buff out, I have not tried. The alignment setup is spot on. The big brake kit is amazing. I built this car as a streetable track day car. I have run about 10 trackdays on it and it has performed beautifully (The previous owner only drove it at one track day.) Trackdays have been with NASA running 3-4 sessions per day 25 minutes max, no enduros. Before I redid the alignment setup I spun the car twice on the track, no damage to the car and this was verified by my alignment shop. After the new alignment setup the car handled SO much better on both street and track. After every second track day I have changed the oil and flushed the brake fluid, as well as checked everything over. I have never seen it use any oil. The performance with the supercharger is excellent, as you would expect.

The car did have the left rear corner of the rear clam repaired in 2014 by the previous owner. He forgot to put on the parking brake and the car rolled slowly into another car in his driveway. There was absolutely no frame damage, it was a very low speed hit to the left rear corner, less than 5mph. The repairs were done by a fiberglass specialty shop and the car is actually featured on their website. I have been inside and outside this area and you literally cannot tell a repair was ever done. In bright and low light the colormatch is excellent where it was repainted.

I have nearly every original part that was removed for any modification and can include the parts with the car if desired. I do not have the original muffler, original speakers, nor the original front plastic grill pieces. I have all the intake parts removed for the supercharger install, original battery shroud, original radio, original exhaust heat shield, etc, etc. The factory storage bags for both the hardtop and soft top are included.

Price and Details:

Asking $36,000 for the car. I can arrange and include the cost for shipping to anywhere in CONUS for $38,000. I have almost $50K invested in the car with all the upgrades so please no low-ball offers.

This car needs nothing and is ready to go. Almost all the upgrades listed have been done in the past 18 months. As you can see I am taking a big loss on what I have spent to sell it but some things have changed in my business life and I need to downsize. Too many toys!!

I would prefer to arrange payment using an escrow service such as PaySafe to give both myself and the buyer piece of mind. I am happy to cover the fees for this service.

Please PM me or email me with questions. I can send any photos you desire of the car from any angle. To prevent spammers I have setup a specific email for inquiries at 2005eliseforsale@gmail.com which will dump into my regular personal email address.

I am happy to talk via phone, just don’t want to post my number online. Email me if you are interested in the car and I can send you my cell number, happy to discuss the car. Thanks for looking!

Many, many pics to follow.

Nick____________
2005 Elise - Chrome Orange (SOLD)

Last edited by Nickshu; 03-25-2017 at 09:58 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 07:29 AM Thread Starter
Recreational Mechanic

Garage

Nick____________
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 07:30 AM Thread Starter
Recreational Mechanic

Garage

Nick____________

post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 07:31 AM Thread Starter
Recreational Mechanic

Garage

Nick____________
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 07:32 AM Thread Starter
Recreational Mechanic

Garage

Nick____________
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 07:33 AM Thread Starter
Recreational Mechanic

Garage

Nick____________
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 07:34 AM Thread Starter
Recreational Mechanic

Garage

Nick____________
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 07:35 AM Thread Starter
Recreational Mechanic

Garage

Nick____________
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 07:36 AM Thread Starter
Recreational Mechanic

Garage

Nick____________

Last edited by Nickshu; 03-18-2017 at 07:57 AM.
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 07:42 AM Thread Starter
Recreational Mechanic

Garage
If you want to see how the car runs and how I treated it at track days (no over-revving, etc) here's a video from a recent track day at High Plains Raceway:

Nick____________
post #11 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 08:05 AM

This might be the best for sale ad I've ever seen, wow! Tremendous job, you've piqued my interest and I'm interested.

Does it throw any CEL's? I'd have to get pass CA emissions to register it here. Does the CARFAX show an accident? I'll reach out to you for more questions, thanks.
post #12 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 08:12 AM Thread Starter
Recreational Mechanic

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBKevin View Post
This might be the best for sale ad I've ever seen, wow! Tremendous job, you've piqued my interest and I'm interested.

Does it throw any CEL's? I'd have to get pass CA emissions to register it here. Does the CARFAX show an accident? I'll reach out to you for more questions, thanks.
I have never had a CEL on the car.

The Katana2 kit is California CARB compliant according to S111. EDIT: AS STATED BELOW IT IS LIKELY NOT CARB COMPLIANT I am not sure about the BOE Tune but for a relatively small price you could have the sector tune put back on the ECU which would pass in California. I can ask Shinoo if he can still do this now that S111 has become InoKinetic but I believe they were sent out to a 3rd party.

I have a CARFAX from 2015 when I bought the car and it is CLEAN with no accidents listed. The minor rear clam damage was paid by insurance and I have all the documents from the previous owner. I have the Carfax as a PDF as well from 2015. Nothing has happened to the car since then that would change the Carfax report but I'd be happy to pull a new report for you at my expense if you wanted.

Thanks.

Nick____________

Last edited by Nickshu; 03-18-2017 at 03:54 PM. Reason: NOT CARB COMPLIANT
post #13 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 10:22 AM

Wow, just wow. That is SO MUCH car for the asking price! I wish I was in the market now vs when I bought mine a year ago. I would have scooped this up in a heartbeat. I'm fact, I'm trying to think how to sell my car and buy this one!!
GLWS

2005 Elise - Storm Titanium
post #14 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 10:49 AM

Just amazing...

If there was a way to properly list a Lotus for sale - this would be it.. If there was ever a way to upgrade an Elise properly (IMHO) with the right stuff for dual street & track - this would be it too.

If I hadn't purchased my Exige S a couple of months ago - I'd be on a plane to CO right now...

Just an awesome post - and as an aside, @Nickshu - I read your reason for selling - and hope you are "back in the Lotus saddle" soon.!!

- John

'07 Exige S
& a few P'cars..
post #15 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickshu View Post
I have never had a CEL on the car.

The Katana2 kit is California CARB compliant according to S111. I am not sure about the BOE Tune but for a relatively small price you could have the sector tune put back on the ECU which would pass in California. I can ask Shinoo if he can still do this now that S111 has become InoKinetic but I believe they were sent out to a 3rd party.

I have a CARFAX from 2015 when I bought the car and it is CLEAN with no accidents listed. The minor rear clam damage was paid by insurance and I have all the documents from the previous owner. I have the Carfax as a PDF as well from 2015. Nothing has happened to the car since then that would change the Carfax report but I'd be happy to pull a new report for you at my expense if you wanted.

Thanks.
I don't think the Katana2 kit was ever CARB compliant.

Richard 2006 Elise
post #16 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Recreational Mechanic

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by richthom View Post
I don't think the Katana2 kit was ever CARB compliant.
You are correct, and I stand corrected. Sorry!

From reading other posts here on the forum technically it would fail the California visual test w/ a supercharger but given the scarcity of Lotus cars (and the fact that the Katana is almost not noticeable on the engine - see photos) it would likely pass without any issues unless you were unlucky enough to get an inspector who knew these cars well.

Nick____________
post #17 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 04:06 PM
The Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickshu View Post
You are correct, and I stand corrected. Sorry!

From reading other posts here on the forum technically it would fail the California visual test w/ a supercharger but given the scarcity of Lotus cars (and the fact that the Katana is almost not noticeable on the engine - see photos) it would likely pass without any issues unless you were unlucky enough to get an inspector who knew these cars well.
What I found was that Sector attempted to get the CARB status and it never got done.

Agreed. Few inspectors would notice/know the difference.

San

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons
post #18 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 08:18 PM

Garage
What a great deal! Must be hard for you to sell, given all the recent time and money you've put into this to make it perfect. This is a sobering reminder how spending lots on aftermarket goodies nets you little in return when selling though. A harsh reminder that I need to keep my car forever to never have to stare those losses in the face.

To anyone even considering this, but preferring a stock car instead: BUY THIS. Otherwise you do what so many others of us have done, you spend nearly the same money for a stock car with the intent to never modify it. Then.... You do that one track day. Then suddenly one day you're adding up thousands and thousands in receipts of aftermarket parts to optimize the car.

Edit: Where did you get the radio delete plate with your chassis number from? Very cool!

'05 Lotus Elise Touring Hardtop-Track mods (BOE REV400 in the works)
'94 Mazda RX-7 Twin Turbo-Reliability mods
'01 Porsche Boxster S-No mods
post #19 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 09:31 PM

Hey sorry to hear you are selling. You're a great guy and I appreciate the convos that we had. If you don't mind, can you let me know which battery that is? It looks like it is a perfect fit!
post #20 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 05:50 AM Thread Starter
Recreational Mechanic

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_R View Post
What a great deal! Must be hard for you to sell, given all the recent time and money you've put into this to make it perfect. This is a sobering reminder how spending lots on aftermarket goodies nets you little in return when selling though. A harsh reminder that I need to keep my car forever to never have to stare those losses in the face.

To anyone even considering this, but preferring a stock car instead: BUY THIS. Otherwise you do what so many others of us have done, you spend nearly the same money for a stock car with the intent to never modify it. Then.... You do that one track day. Then suddenly one day you're adding up thousands and thousands in receipts of aftermarket parts to optimize the car.

Edit: Where did you get the radio delete plate with your chassis number from? Very cool!
Aaah but the #1 rule of car guys....NEVER EVER EVER ADD IT ALL UP!!

The radio delete build plates are made by a guy here on the forum that goes by the screenname @VisualEchos
VisualEchos likes this.

Nick____________
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Lotus Cars For Sale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.