The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!
Status
Not open for further replies.

FS: Chuck Risen C.A.R.S. Audio System. Brand new. $2660.

9K views 39 replies 8 participants last post by  oldmansan 
#1 · (Edited)
EDIT: Pictures and component list.

I had bought this system way way back before my swap project started coming together. Now that it I've had a chance to drive the Exige around for a bit, it has become clear to me that this car will not work with an audio system. It's just a bit too hardcore now. Perhaps someone with a less extreme example of an Elige will find this to be a better fit.

On to the system.

It's Chuck's last iteration of his system (before switching to the Hertz subwoofer and new head unit) which has awesome JL sub and Pioneer head unit. The head unit is a mint condition USED head unit, which Chuck offered to me at a discount (usually it is $400, he passed it to me for $100). The kit *does* have the new updated Pioneer amp, which is nice. Please note, that the amp will not come with a bracket. I had decided at the time to velcro mound it to the boot floor. If you want the bracket, I'm sure Chuck will be more than happy to make one for you. Everything is still in its box that Chuck shipped them to me in. I did take the subwoofer enclosure out to see the paint job --- it's paint-matched to my Exige's Aspen White. The subwoofer surround ring is also paint matched. As many of you may already know, Chuck does good paint work and this set is no different.

Chuck has put together a great package here. I'm sad that I won't be able to install this as friend of mine has the same system in his Exige and it sounds amazing. But this just doesn't make sense for my car anymore. All interconnects are cut to length, making this as plug-and-play as one can get in these cars.

COMPONENT LIST

Head Unit: Alpine CDA-9886
Amplifier: Alpine PDX-V9
Audio Processor + Sound Management: Alpine PXA-H100 + KTX-H100
Front Speakers: 4" JL Audio C2-400X
Rear Speakers: 5.25" JL Audio C2-525X (Speaker rings paint-matched to Aspen White.)
Subwoofer: 8" JL Audio 8W1v2-4 (Speaker ring paint-matched to Aspen White.)
Subwoofer Enclosure: Custom molded, paint-matched to Aspen White.
Interconnects: Connection BT6 550 Competition Grade

I paid $2660 thereabouts for the system. Not looking to make money off a sale, just to hopefully not lose too much money on it.

Asking $2660 shipped.

More info at C.A.R.S. - Customized Automotive Resonating Systems for Lotus

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
More pics of components.

Attachments

#6 · (Edited)
More pics.

Attachments

#9 ·
FYI - You listed your speakers and sub as Alpine - They are JL.

I ended up having to part out the system I had for my Lotus. Not enough people interested in high end audio, and any interest that I got was people that didn't want to pay the price.

GLWS - It's a nice set up.

#11 ·
So to help out Butters...I've had this setup in my car for a while and still love the amazing sound. Windows down at 80 MPH and I can still hear the music clearly. The install is easy with the cd that comes with it (I think he must have spent hours just taking pics for it) and everything fits like a glove. It may seems a bit pricey to some, but when you consider it is a complete system, it really isn't that bad. The sub enclosure alone is a work of art. Anyway if someone around the Albany. NY area ends up buying it, I'll even help them install it for free.

Later
Corvus

#15 ·
Reviving this old thread.

Back when I first put this up for sale I had cold feet and decided to keep the system because it IS really awesome. But now that my k-swapped Exige is up and running again, I think I'd rather liquidate this nice little system to better fund other, more track-oriented endeavors.

So, back to the top this goes. Reasonable offers accepted. Would rather sell as one whole package but will be open to offers as well.

#20 · (Edited)
Thread resurrection! Just discovered this system in storage. Still brand new in box. Let's try this again, shall we?

Asking $2200 shipped.

But frankly at this point, I'd be willing to hear some offers and I fully realize that I'm probably gonna lose my shirt on this deal, but I'd rather sell it than have it sit collecting dust. Again, the system works so well as a package that I'd MUCH rather sell it as is and not part it out.

#21 ·
Wish I would have seen this about a year ago when I bought the sub/enclosure and same speakers (but different head unit/amp)... would have been a great deal!

#23 · (Edited)
I'm running close to the same system and I can say, it keeps my Wife happy when she's in the car! She loves to crank it loud and so do I . It's a great setup that will silence my stage 2 exhaust when needed on long trips.(with hard top on) I've got the pdx5 amp and Pioneer head unit with a flip out screen for my backup camera(run full time as my rear view mirror). The sub enclosure is a great piece of craftsmanship, it just fits with my oem harness bar in a 08s240. I don't even run a grill on it and haven't had an issue in 6 years since the JL audio sub has a plastic cone. My amp is just screwed to the boot floor on the right corner with a homemade bracket. You can mount these amps behind the seat belt mechanism behind the rear panel out of site with no loss of space if you can fab a bracket, or some remove the passenger air bag and hide it in the dash. I recommend mounting it somewhere in the cabin like I just pointed out as wiring to the boot is a pain in the butt, especially if you ever plan to use a clam hinge. I'll move mine in cabin someday. I had enclosure painted piano black and nobody ever knows it's there unless they see the sub or I point it out to them. I highly suggest painting the dash+rear speaker grills flat black as the silver or any other color reflects up onto the windshield and once you notice it, you'll get annoyed every time you drive.

This is a good deal and you won't be disappointed once past the install. I pretty much gutted my entire interior to make the install seamless. For boot mount, Yes you can run the wires down the side sill if you enlarge the small drain hole under the passenger side scoop for the exit of the wires into the wheel well, then drill a hole into the boot. Use a plastic wire snake and take your time, it's possible and how I did it. For cabin mount, run them down the center under center console. I hope this helps whoever buy this :)

#24 ·
Thanks for posting this, Backpain. I've heard this system installed (an older version, this has an upgraded amp) and it sounds incredible, even if it is installed in a tin can car like the Exige. If it doesn't sell for a decent price, I may just keep it around until I get the time to install it someday. Maybe after my chargecooler upgrade this winter...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.