The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Great parts in Bay Area

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  chiarov 
#1 ·
I have sold my Elise and have quite a few goodies to sell. Priced great so please no offers. Do not want to ship at this time.

Fiberglass front splitter; never used:
$100

LETSLA short shifter kit; never used:
$250

Hardtop--Storm Titanium, paint in great shape, headliner peeling off
$1000

TopSpeed F1 Exhaust. Light. Loud. Fun. 500 miles.
$200

2buluar Exhaust--8", OEM volume but much deeper sound. 500 miles
$500

Sport Bilsteins; 45k miles
$200

email:
j dot doug dot field at gmail dot com

See less See more
#12 ·
@forkmeupscotty -- according to the 2bular website, they recommend the 8" for trackdays at Bedford, which from the Bedford website says the following. So I think it should be OK for Laguna but will be close. My Exige project already has a 2bular header and cat so this would really help me out if you don't need it. (Currently car has a dual exit exhaust that the previous owner says is very loud.)

Bedford Autodrome Noise Limits. The static noise limit at Bedford Autodrome is 101dB(A) and the drive by limit is 87.5dB(A). On a Bedford Autodrome track day all vehicles must pass the static noise limit to be permitted on track. The drive by limit is measured at a distance of approx 20m whilst vehicles are on track.

#15 ·
@forkmeupscotty -- according to the 2bular website, they recommend the 8" for trackdays at Bedford, which from the Bedford website says the following. So I think it should be OK for Laguna but will be close. My Exige project already has a 2bular header and cat so this would really help me out if you don't need it. (Currently car has a dual exit exhaust that the previous owner says is very loud.)
I can tell you that neither of my Exiges passed Laguna sound without lifting and/or custom exhaust work. My nearly stock S240 with a BOE Silent Touch packed a variety of ways would not pass until I had someone fabricate a custom turn away tip with a silencer welded in. My highly modified S220 with an 8" 2bular exhaust also would not pass - even WITH that tip unless I lifted by the sound meter. I think the intake/supercharger sound coupled with the exhaust was just too much. Even though to me the Z06s seemed way louder, they were fine and my Lotus always got flagged. I just had to accept the fact that I would never know what my lap times might really be because I always had to go part throttle at least half of the distance between turns 5 and 6.

#16 ·
Yeah we'll see. I know the current exhaust on the car won't pass so willing to take my chances on this one based on the previous owner's experience at Laguna. Of course, he was in an Elise rather than Exige and I don't think he had the supercharger, header, or high flow cat -- so we'll see. Sucks cause Laguna is my main go-to track thanks to in-laws in Pacific Grove. ;)

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.