For Sale: Corbeau LE-Pro seats in leather - New - Elise Exige Miata - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Recreational Mechanic

Garage
SOLD: Corbeau LE-Pro seats in leather - New - Elise Exige Miata

It breaks my heart to do this but I have to put these beautiful seats up for sale: Brand new Corbeau LE-PRO seats custom ordered in leather with orange stitching. Drop in replacement for stock Lotus seats in Elise/Exige. Would also fit in a Miata the same as any stock Lotus seats would.

I installed these in my car and found that at my height (5'8") I cannot clear the roof with my helmet when sitting in them. Since my Elise is 90% track use and 10% street use this is a #1 issue for me and a deal breaker for these seats for me.

They are basically brand new other than I installed them, sat in them briefly and drove about 20 miles in them. Seat rails are not included.

They are beautiful seats and very comfortable but you sit about 1" higher in them than stock seats due to the padding. The orange stitching is very subtle and would not really show up much if you installed in a non-orange car. I looked at doing tall rails or custom made rails but I am not interested in those options.

If you are average height and don't track your car with a helmet, or you are short (5'7" or less with a helmet) these seats are perfect.

I paid over $2700 with shipping for these seats plus a 5 week wait for the special order from Corbeau via Sector111.

Asking $2100 and I will pay shipping to you in CONUS. I would also be willing to make an even trade for a pair of nice Probax Exige/Sport seats. PM with interest or questions.
Attached Images

winter likes this.

Nick____________
2005 Elise - Chrome Orange - See Pics and Mods in My Garage (Disclaimer-I am a novice and pretend to know just enough to be dangerous (I have the scars to prove it). By reading my post you accept that I am not responsible for any bodily harm, mental anguish, material and/or monetary losses that may result from anything you choose to do based upon my shared experiences.)

Last edited by Nickshu; 01-12-2017 at 12:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
Recreational Mechanic

Garage
More pics.
Attached Images

Nick____________
2005 Elise - Chrome Orange - See Pics and Mods in My Garage (Disclaimer-I am a novice and pretend to know just enough to be dangerous (I have the scars to prove it). By reading my post you accept that I am not responsible for any bodily harm, mental anguish, material and/or monetary losses that may result from anything you choose to do based upon my shared experiences.)
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 05:34 PM

pm

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 07:38 PM

Do you sit higher than the stock seats?

Rob B.
2006 BRG Lotus Elise (Touring Package), CAN Ontario Region SOLO2 Class SS
1989 DkBlue Toyota MR2 SC, CAN Ontario Region SOLO2 Class CSS
(thanks to Philethier for the avatar)

"What is my quarter mile? No idea, I turn before I get that far"
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Recreational Mechanic

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRGLotus View Post
Do you sit higher than the stock seats?
As far as I can tell about 3/4-1" higher due to the padding. The space between the bottom of the seat and the floor appears to be the same as stock.

It isn't much and you can barely tell when sitting in the seat. Unfortunately it's just enough higher to push my helmet against the roof.

Sent from my Samsung GS7 using Tapatalk

Nick____________

Last edited by Nickshu; 12-29-2016 at 08:36 PM.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 09:05 AM

How much more comfortable would you say these are if any compared to probax exige seat?
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Recreational Mechanic

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilon4 View Post
How much more comfortable would you say these are if any compared to probax exige seat?
I'm my opinion they are more comfortable mostly because of the knee bolster/knee support at the front of the seat bottoms. They feel great and smell amazing (I know that sounds weird).

Also Corbeau sells lumbar support inserts for these seats w/ hand pumps, they are only about $30 and they are easily installed behind the seat padding which is held in by Velcro, however I did not choose get them with the seats and sitting in them I don't think they would be necessary.

Nick____________
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 04:42 PM

I wish I had that much room behind the driver's seat! Would have made my stereo install 1000x easier. 6'2" problems...

Those seats look amazing, and very comfortable. Someone will get a good deal!

2005 Elise - Storm Titanium
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickshu View Post
As far as I can tell about 3/4-1" higher due to the padding. The space between the bottom of the seat and the floor appears to be the same as stock.

It isn't much and you can barely tell when sitting in the seat. Unfortunately it's just enough higher to push my helmet against the roof.

Thanks. I sit tall in my seat as well.
My helmet almost touches with the hardtop.
These may not work for me either.

Rob B.
2006 BRG Lotus Elise (Touring Package), CAN Ontario Region SOLO2 Class SS
1989 DkBlue Toyota MR2 SC, CAN Ontario Region SOLO2 Class CSS
(thanks to Philethier for the avatar)

"What is my quarter mile? No idea, I turn before I get that far"
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Recreational Mechanic

Garage
Price drop $2100

Nick____________
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Recreational Mechanic

Garage
Price drop $2000 including shipping. Also now listed on Ebay as BIN at same price. If they sell here I will take them off Ebay.

Nick____________
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 07:39 PM

FYI I have a set of these as well. I can fold the bottom of the cushion into a lumbar support when I have my hardtop on.

I'm 6' tall and am a bit scrunched but can fit with my helmet on with the bottom cushion out of the way. It's actually pretty comfortable.
winter likes this.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
Recreational Mechanic

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno View Post
FYI I have a set of these as well. I can fold the bottom of the cushion into a lumbar support when I have my hardtop on.

I'm 6' tall and am a bit scrunched but can fit with my helmet on with the bottom cushion out of the way. It's actually pretty comfortable.
I tried that but still hit the roof with my helmet. Probably because I sit more forward bring shorter. Are you running TallRails?

I suppose I could sit scrunched down but I want to be comfortable on the track and in a natural position.

Nick____________
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 07:08 AM

I bought a set of tall rails but haven't tried them yet.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 05:38 AM

bump for some beautiful seats, wish I had 2k

In reading the lotuselan site I was reminded that some cars came with 'Gurney Bubbles'

Rather than take a bad offer on the seats, buy a used up roof for racing and mod a 'Nick Bubble'
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 06:10 PM

If they fit stock rails, send me you best and final price to me and I will take them.
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Recreational Mechanic

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by indifferent View Post
If they fit stock rails, send me you best and final price to me and I will take them.
Just sent you a PM. Yes they bolt onto stock rails with no modifications needed.

Nick____________
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 06:55 PM

Interested, please pm me. Thank you!
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Recreational Mechanic

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllRigged View Post
You can't get PMs yet as it appears you don't have enough posts. The guy above is first in line but you can email me at nick shu at g mail dot com

Nick____________
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Recreational Mechanic

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllRigged View Post
Hey if you just emailed me please send it again...it went to my spam folder and I saw it just as I pressed the delete button on the spam folder. Sorry!

Nick____________
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Parts Market > Parts For Sale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.