North America gathering at Yellowstone, EPIC road trip 2013 - Page 3 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 03:53 PM   #41 (permalink)

I am leading a group from Sacramento. I will be offering those from Socal / Bay area if they wish to come by Sacramento the day before and crash at my place to caravan with us. It is a full days drive from Sacramento.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 04:25 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krule View Post
I beleve you are the only other person considering going form LA. it may be cool to meet up with some others from San Francisco by driving up the 1. I have been playing with google maps planning on leaving form LA....

MAP

I marked out a few gas stations along the way (dont want to run out of gas in death valley)
I am trying to find the most curvy route there, I prefer not having to drive along the freeway the whole time, considering no cruse control, and a lotus, ect...

so far I think it will be just me and one or both of my dogs. I have family in Ennis and will spend some time there.

AJ
Holy moly 26 hours! I'm probably going to miss this trip. Hopefully another trip can be organized for us SoCal guys...maybe to Vegas
LiveToDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:17 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveToDrive View Post
Holy moly 26 hours! I'm probably going to miss this trip. Hopefully another trip can be organized for us SoCal guys...maybe to Vegas
Isn't Vegas the standard destination for SoCal big drives? Just grab your funderware and make the drive.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:12 PM   #44 (permalink)

Would anyone be towing up there and then dropping their car from the trailer to actually drive the mountain roads/passes? With an Elise, if my wife and I were to go.....it's not like we could pack much luggage coming all the way from Phoenix.

We'd probably tow up there....meet up with you guys for some of the runs in Teton and around Yellowstone and then part ways and head up to Glacier since my wife's never been and it's been on her list of things to see for years.

Definitely not saying we are in at this point....heck, we don't even get our Elise until Friday, but we're definitely interested. I just don't know if the stars will align and we'll be able to go next summer.

Sean
Sean K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:12 AM   #45 (permalink)

I am still getting people singing up =) great to see all the eclectic mix of Euro cars that will hopefully be in attendance.

I am working with the West Yellowstone chamber of commerce on some special events activities while we are there. I also have a call into the National Park Service to see about arranging a special photo shoot inside the park. Navigating the red tape at the moment but hopeful i can pull it off.

Remember to email friends and contact your local Euro car clubs to let them know about this event. For a forum / underground created event, it is growing rather nicely. =)
Old 12-26-2012, 06:21 PM   #46 (permalink)

Looks like the world did not end on the 21st as predicted.

The event is still on and a email with hotel information and additional details has been sent to all those who filled out the Google doc. If you want the info and are planning on attending, please fill out the google doc and I will send you the info.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...eW9RcFlhQUE6MQ

Have a safe new years.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:39 PM   #47 (permalink)

I wanted to wish everyone a safe and happy New Year. Look forward to seeing some of you in Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons. Hopefully we will have a great event.

or those who have filled out the Google doc, you should have gotten an email with the hotels rates. Additionally there is a link to a website to order the stack decals for your car. If you did not get this email please let me know.

A few people have already ordered the decals so there are a few numbers less to pick from. I realized I never said you get to pick your car number if you order the decals.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:55 PM   #48 (permalink)

Just a FYI, For those who signed up on the Google form, I sent a email a while back with a webpage on how to order decals. I have updated the page with a desired car number field. No Promises yo will get that number so please have a few choices. You can do all numbers ( 00-99 ) or letter and number ( A0 )

Please email VS PM as I am not on some of these forums very often. norcal.drivers@gmail.com
Old 01-28-2013, 04:11 PM   #49 (permalink)

A reminder to those who have received the hotel info to call in sooner than later. We have currently 77 cars signed up. Not to shabby.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:23 PM   #50 (permalink)

I sent an email to those who sided up with details on some rental car options. If you did not get this email please check spam as I used the Mail Chimp service to make the email pretty and easier for me to send the details of the event.

As this is a Euro car road trip I looked into what Euro cars were available. I was able to get rates on some BMWs and Mercedes for those who want to do the trip but not in their car. The cost is about $100 a day which normally is between $125-$165.

I was also able to get leads on a few Porsche's for rent but you would have to go to LA and drive with the people coming from there. For the whole week would be about $2400.

There are some Mercedes SUVs I was able to have for rent for those who want to fly and meet us on the way.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:56 PM   #51 (permalink)

Job permitting, I would love to join the group in June. What scares me a bit is the number (77?) of attendees so far. I did cruise Yellowstone a few years ago, after LOG27, but individually. Had a great time though and would like to do it over. One thing though: you won't be zipping through the park since the posted speed limit is mostly 35 to 40 mph. Hey, on the positive you get great mileage (38 mpg in my 05 Lotus Elise) while you enjoy nature. Here are a couple of pics to give you an idea what you can expect:
Attached Images

TCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:54 AM   #52 (permalink)

Just a update to remember to reserve your room if you are thinking of going. You can always cancel 72 hours before check in. So if you plan on going make sure to at least hold your room. Details on room rates were mailed to those that signed up on the Google doc.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:30 PM   #53 (permalink)

For those who are somewhat interested in going, make sure to reserve your room sooner than later. If you have not received the email with hotel information please email or pm me.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:09 PM   #54 (permalink)

Just reserved the hotels for June 23-29. See you guys in June.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:13 PM   #55 (permalink)

Just a bump to make sure people know about it as well as are paying attention.

Cheers
Old 03-13-2013, 06:33 PM   #56 (permalink)

week bump for event
Old 03-27-2013, 07:00 PM   #57 (permalink)

Just a bump and a update that we crossed the 108 person mark for information request to attend. Not to shabby.

If you signed up and have not gotten the info, please email me directly. norcal.drivers@gmail.com
Old 04-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #58 (permalink)

We are 76 days away from the event, wow time fly's

For those who are thinking of going, make sure to book your rooms sooner than later.

There are BMW and Mercedes rental cars available for those who do not want to drive their car. Email me for details on rooms and car rentals.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:58 PM   #59 (permalink)

For kicks I took the time to map out all the people that requested info. This is the caravan routes according to Google for the fastest route there based on ZIPs provided.

If everyone that requested info is able to attend, that will make for a truly continental event. Alaska is winning for furthest traveled as you can see.

If you have questions or have not gotten the last email update, please email direct - norcal.drivers@gmail.com

Old 04-11-2013, 04:44 PM   #60 (permalink)
Difflow Lotus Diffusers

Any lotus owners going through missoula?

Would be fun to meet up.
qu1Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Meets and events