LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community - View Single Post - DIY Blower Motor Resistor Pack Replacement
View Single Post
post #42 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 04:28 AM
dbisbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggarlee View Post
Why do you need to evac the a/c system when doing this job? I am planning on doing this job soon and plan to bypass the resistor pack and have full speed only. My car finally failed VA inspection for no defrost. I never knew they checked that.
In order to get to the resistor pack you must remove the hvac unit from the car in order to remove the hvac unit you must disassemble the ac lines in order to disassemble the ac lines you must evacuate the system.

Take it to any trusty ac automotive repair shop and have them evacuate the system. The connections are in the engine bay on the right side of the car behind the passenger seat area. Have them evacuate the system.

The word "PASSION" should aways be uppercase.

#349 '05 AS Elise Touring, Hardtop, Starshield, Plinth delete, GPS Garmin 680, V1, V1 mirror, Leather console, Multivex, Alpine CDA9887, JL stealthbox, Focals, Alpine PDX 5, HID, RAC Monolites, R888's, Stage II, Front Slotted rotors, R4-S pads, Stebel nautilus, TitanQR, RLS Phone Mount, and Odyssey 925 now with bracket.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome