LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community - View Single Post - The official, ONE AND ONLY, Can This Lotus Be Used As A Daily Driver thread
View Single Post
post #124 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 08:30 AM
gotomike

Hi Dylan,
After installing/removing my hardtop 3 or 4 times, it became an easy operation and now takes no more than 8 to 10 minutes. I keep the simple tools: (a small ratchet wrench, a phillips screwdriver [power for speed] and the torq bit) in a small baggy in the trunk. You can easily lift and handle the hardtop by yourself as long as you are careful not to bang the edges and corners as you maneuver it. I spread a bit of talcum powder on the rubber seals to prevent excessive squeaks. Make sure you don't use vaseline or petroleum-based products that would 'eat up' the synthetic rubber. You WILL have squeaks no matter what you do; it's a British sports car after all. If all is installed properly you will have no leaks or wind noise. I drove my car through a hale storm and loved the cosiness of the cockpit (and the great single wiper.) That alone makes you feel like you're driving a Ferrari!!!

1986 CitroŽn 2CV (the one that gets the most looks and questions)
2008 Ardent Red Lotus Elise 'California' Sold! So looking for a Carrera S.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome