LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community - View Single Post - Autocar Evora S Review
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 02:34 AM
lotus69f2

I had the opportunity to drive an Evora for a week. It was one of Autosports Designs' Demo cars. I was so smitten by it that I decided to buy one (eventually).

When I spoke to some Lotus people about it I decided to wait for the S to come out. I definately agree with squidward that the Evora as is is a pretty nice pice of kit. But I decided to wait for the Evora S for the following reasons:

WIth Lotus' new lineup, with the exception of the City Car and ELise, I will probably never be able to afford a Lotus purchased new after the Evora.

Lotus has a history of continuing improvement in build and performance so the later the car (even if not an S) the better it will be - and the article bears this out in general build of the interior and shifter feel.

THe percieved performance value of the S version will be higher since the US price is only $5k more than a similarly eqipped standard version.

THe only thing that scares me about the S is that the performance level of the normal Evora is so good that I regularly drove at speeds likely to get me in trouble. THe extra 70 hp and improved everything may result in some serious hooning.

Kyle Kaulback '56 Mark VI '71 Type61mX '71 Type69 FF '71 Type 69 F2 '77 Super 907 '91 M100 Elan '91 Omega LotusSport 110 '05 Elise(custodian) '13 Evora S

http://LotusPALS.ning.com/

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome