The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Guys, I need help pricing a used 2007 Exige.

4K views 29 replies 15 participants last post by  Butters 
#1 · (Edited)
Looking to buy a 2007 Exige S. Phantom Black. Used, one-owner, 4k miles, all options, bone stock, pristine condition. Dealer is asking just north of $47k for it. Obviously, I feel that this is a little high. Personally, I'd offer about $37k to $38k for it. What do you guys think?

Only possible caveat would be the tires; they may need to be replaced soon.

It'd be nice to get a general sense from everyone of what I should be offering.

Thanks in advance, collective wisdom!

#2 ·
Can you tell us what color, options, mileage? But it seems around 40 is right.

#3 ·
It seems average mileage & average dirty demands about $40k for an '07 S. Since it's from a dealership, expect them to want a couple grand more to pay for their time and storage/overhead.

#4 · (Edited)
Fully loaded from factory (need to double check on this, but I am pretty sure it is). Bone stock. About 4k miles. Pristine condition as far as I can tell. Phantom Black.

Only possible caveat would be the tires; they may need to be replaced soon.

#8 ·
Agreed. I'd offer $38,000-40,000 and negotiate from there. I know of two new 2007 Exiges (one less than 20 miles and one less than 300 miles) that have sold for under $45,000 from show room floors within the last few months.

#13 ·
Butters. I'm in the same boat as you. I would pay 37-41k for an 07. Not a cent more if bone stock. You sold yours for about 44k? Should've never sold it! You had very tasteful mods none of the cars in the current market can compare. The last super clean black 07 sold for 39-40 wih 9k mi. 47k is more of an 08 price.

#14 ·
This is a dealer car, you're going to pay more than you would private party. Given the condition stated I don't think low 40's is out of line. "The dealer asking price is a little high" but aren't they typically?

#16 ·
So I just confirmed that the car has LSD, Traction Control, Touring Pack, but NO Track Pack. New tires (the stock Yokohamas) were just placed on the car by the dealership.

I'm a bit disappointed the car doesn't have the track pack on there. But I suppose all those elements can be bought and bolted on...

#17 ·
ive seen dealers sell 07's for 37k

#18 ·
as stated before, economy is up.

i've seen 07 gallardo's for 95k but right now they are 120k.. and i cant go to the guy and make him take 95.. **** i sold my brand new 911 in october for 63,750 and now they are going 10k higher, cant go back and get money back. economy changes.. constantly.. we are lucky to have a dollar that stays pretty constant but still the prices of assets like cars changes very often, and very seasonal.. right now is bad time to buy... very bad.

wait till after summer to buy sports cars as people dont wanna have em sit in garage all winter wasting $$$.. and then buy SUV's after winter when people wanna have fun and aren't driving in snow.

#20 ·
I picked up an 06 for 34k. I suggest you pick up the yellow one for 28k :)

#26 ·
The problem with pricing isn't necessarily related to the overall economy.

The problem is with the speculative inability to manufacture new vehicles. Whether manufacturers are able to make new vehicles or not, the current public perceptions is tthat new cars are a scarce resource, therefore buying used cars is perceived as the go-to option. (Has anyone seen a dealer that has sold out of new car inventory yet?)

Dealers are even playing to this fear by trying to hold for more money when selling new cars.

This has driven the used car market absolutely wild. (Your 911 story hits home, because i was looking for an 08 Turbo only to find the prices have climbed somewhere betwwn 10-20k, which is absurd.)

I'm pretty confident i can get 34-36 for my BWR Supercharged 06 Exige right now. If I could find a 07S in the right color, I'd sell mine in a second. :)

#27 ·
Yes, the used car market is wacky right now. I saw somewhere that the 'used car price index' is at an all time high. And I just 'overpaid' for my '06 Exige that probably would have sold for less last year based on the stuff I'm reading online.

Also, keep in mind that any car that has a very limited production run also does not have a fair number of sales comparisons. Because of this, KBB doesn't even put a value on them and you will see them selling for a wide range of prices.

'07 Exige S - my final answer is get it for $40k or less and you have done well.

#30 ·
Limited production run is right! It's difficult to find these things, but they seem to come on the used car market pretty often. Maybe they're not the right color sometimes but if one is patient they'll find one. For instance, I was really looking forward to purchasing an Exige that was in Arizona but YOUR FRIEND NEVER CALLED ME LIKE HE SAID HE WOULD. :thwack:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.