LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community - View Single Post - HVAC Fan Resistor Pack Bypass is Successful!
View Single Post
post #31 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 04:35 AM
SirLotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowvert View Post
Michael, but the "yeah but" is....how do I get the wire up to the radio from the cockpit? I was so tired (and still sore!) I didn't look too much up there but I reach around and didn't feel any obvious opening. Maybe its through the passenger side cubby?

And one of these days soon, I'll be calling to chat about the solid state controller, etc. I would like to get multiple speeds back. When I do that, the car won't be "original" but it will be "fully functioning" - and arguably better (if nothing else due to your opening of the recirc mod).

Can you explain why Lotus limited recirculation in the first place? I haven't been able to figure that one out.
Scott, I Just discovered that there is no access from the radio slot to the wiring grommet that goes to the HVAC console.
There are two reasons why the airflow is restricted;
1) I believe the ducts to each cabin discharge vents are too small.
2) The footwell returns were blocked because on a cool day with the heater/fan off there would be a backflow of cold air through the returns. Apparently owners were complaining and Lotus used this method to address it. The disadvantage is that it also inhibits the airflow in, thereby restricting the flow out of the cabin discharge vents
Michael

Last edited by SirLotus; 06-13-2012 at 07:28 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome