LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community - View Single Post - Lotus Track Day, HPR July 8th
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 07:54 AM
rosscarlson
Absolute power does what?

Good write up Grunschev, thanks.

As for your fuel questions it's simply a function of track time, not really sessions. I average about 1 gallon/10 minutes (or so) when I'm out - with a session generally 25 minutes that's about 2.5 gals a session. So 4 sessions and you're near empty - as you say.

One thing to be careful about is the fuel starvation issue. If you're running hard (sub 2:10 or on very sticky tires) you really shouldn't ever let the car drop below 1/2 and definitely not 1/4 tank. I always bring extra fuel for this reason - there are some quick long sweepers at HPR that can pull all the fuel to one side of the tank.

I was out Saturday with the Z Club and the conditions were similar but less cars actually (only 31). Unfortunately my brake light wire got cut (it got pinched and rubbed through) so I was done early (fixed it last night). I did do a new thing with the car though - I'm taking turn 7 (the right hand uphill after 6 "Danny's Lesson") flat. I come out of 6 in 2nd gear, quickly up to 3rd then just hold it flat all the way up the hill quickly going into 4th as I top the hill then HARD on the brakes. I'd never done it flat nor heard of anything doing it flat so I figured what the hell, let's see. Aero+slicks = hero.

Heading out again this weekend with PCA if anyone wants to join...

2006 Exige | Full List | BOE Rev400 (357whp) | JC Head | ProAlloy | ForceFed | BOE QS | ITG Airbox | BOE catch cans | gPan2 | Setrab | JUBU | Tillett B5s | Scroth 6pt | OMP Superquadro | interior/HVAC delete | Traqmate | Chasecam | Lift Point Kit | Ultradiscs | RBF 600 | RS14 | Vented Pistons | Penske DA 600/800lbs | V2 arms | BOELinks | ShiftEnforcer | Manly mounts | Braille | Yoko S01s | R888s | GTC-200 & Canards | RACEsills | BOE UnderAero | F1 Livery

Daily/Tow: '10 V8 Pathfinder LE
Former: '11 Jaguar XF-R | '08 Audi RS 4 | '09 Legacy Spec.B | '08 Volvo S60R | '07 Nissan 350Z

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome