LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community - View Single Post - All British Field Meet in Portland, OR
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2005, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
cbolz

All British Field Meet in Portland, OR

This weekend is the All British Field Meet at Portland International Raceway. Lots of cars, stuff for sale and racing. Featured race will be Can Am cars. Should be loud and noisey. The car show is Saturday. I'll drive my Elise up early in the AM. Racing is Sat and Sun. They are requesting people dress in period ala Goodwood. I hope those of you in the area come.

BTW, I was driving down the hill from my house in the hills above Eugene, OR when we came around a curve and 2 deer were in the road. One in our lane and the other in the uphill lane. The one in front jumped to our right and as I slowed the other decides to follow the other and jump over the Elise. Of course the top was down and this deer came right at us in the air. Unfortunately, it didn't quite make it. It struck its hooves against the windshield and the surround. Fortunately it didn't end up in the car in my wife's lap. It missed her head by inches. A very small scratch on the windshield and on the surround. The good Lord was looking out after us.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome