LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community - View Single Post - BMW Wheel Bolts = Perfect Fit! And they are Black!
View Single Post
post #73 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
Stan
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground Loop
I received my 20 lug bolts from the eBay seller others have used. About $40 for the set, shipped. These are the high-polish chrome bolts, not sculpted, with the threaded portion just a little longer than stock. I put them in all my wheels, stared at them for a while, and took them back out. It just didn't match. The chromed look didn't fit the wheel -- maybe black would have been better. The other problem is that only thin-walled sockets will fit over these 17mm bolts without rubbing the wheel's wells something aweful. Even then, I have to use the deep socket to reach past the spokes of the stock (non-LSS) wheels. None of my shop tire irons are thin enough to fit around the heads. All in all, the fit of the 10-point spline just works better. So I guess my next goal will be to find four of the stock BIMECC bolts to replace the four lock bolts that cause extra hassle. And eventually maybe a 1/2" drive tool that fits them too. So far, the stock adapter has been fine, and doesn't appear to be wearing out.
Just use Normal BMW bolts...and a deep 17 mm, 1/2 inch drive socket from Sears or many other places. Fits fine, clears everthing, no hassles, cheap, lifetime tool replacement.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome