The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!
  • Notice image
    Reminder! You're responsible for closing your listing when your item is sold/found/traded - when doing so please select SOLD or FOUND. If you post phone numbers and emails in your ad, your listing will be deleted (this is for your personal protection). If posting a Want to Buy please be sure you have picked the correct listing type from the three selections, ie., Want to Buy - not For Sale or For Trade. Thanks for reading!
Status
Not open for further replies.

2006 Lotus Elise Storm Titanium

12K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  Option2 
#1 ·
2006 Lotus Elise Asking $25,900 obo SCCPC11176HL32741 Storm titanium. Hard and Soft top included. Clean title. 72,512 miles.No accidents. Has Star shield front, back and sides of vehicle also comes with some minor extras Sector 111 lid bone and boot organizer,sony xplod cd player with usb/aux port. The radiator has been upgraded to Sector 111 ProRad all aluminum radiator and the oil cooler lines have also been upgraded to sector 111 ultra lite oil lines. Aftermarket intake no name included with stock intake,new battery Bad: The driver side front bumper does have a small crack underneath the headlight picture included. Questions call or text (915)346-1905 Eddie. Car has a lien but with cash or cashiers check title can be handed over.
*photos are from a car lot where I currently have the car on consignment*

Attachments

See less See more
#16 · (Edited)
Abbreviated story: (posted with sellers permission)
One of the mechanics at the shop I use was going to be in El Paso and I was very interested in this car, so I asked my mechanic if he could give it a look for me. He agreed and seller made the car available for him.
The mechanic is a Toyota aftermarket mechanic and Lotus enthusiast.
He reported that the drivetrain functioned well, no issues with the gear, gear selector or clutch. The motor pulled strongly and did not exhibit any issues with start, idle or power.
He reported that the gauges were malfunctioning and also that the ABS light was on.
He noted the cosmetic flaws described by the owner additionally he noted that the car had been plasti-dipped white and still needed to be properly and professionally detailed to remove all the residue from body lines etc. He stated that there was some interior trim that was missing, but I do not recall the specific pieces he noted.
His recommendation was that the car looked like a good mechanical specimen with no signs of wear in excess of displayed mileage. I was somewhat reluctant to pursue the car further, not knowing the exact cost of the two issues (ABS light and gauges). I made an offer that I felt was conservative based upon those issues but we were not able to reach a deal. He has since lowered the price and I have bought a different car. Good luck to those considering this car.

#19 ·
surprised those "where can I get an elise for around $20K" people are not biting....who needs abs! even if the guages worked, it's 7-8% off.

#21 ·
ABS light has been off for a few days. Is it safe to say my issue is fixed?? Took it to my mechanic over the weekend. He checked the sensors, plugged them back in then it started to come on less and less and now doesnt come on at all. 0_o

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.