LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community - View Single Post - Bringing an Elise in to Ca, DMV troubles on smog?Emissions Sticker?
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 10:33 AM
eliseum

I had a similar experience. I bought my Elise off of eBay and it was transported to me from Arkansas. I thought that registering the car at AAA would be easier than taking it to the DMV. BOY WAS I WRONG!!!

You'll need a smog certificate - even if it's a new car.

You'll need the title.

You'll need a bill of sale.

You need to pay taxes and registration.

The idiots at AAA said that I would have to put 7500mi on the car before I could register it or I'd have to pay something like $18k in penalites. I checked the facts with the DMV and they said AAA has no idea what they're talking about.

Make sure that when the car is inspected that you show them the sticker under the boot that states that the Elise is 50-state legal and passes all California emissions restrictions.

I've had 3 more problems with AAA regarding their DMV services - so I'll NEVER use them again. SO far, eveything seems fine with the Elise registration.

If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome