LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community - View Single Post - My NASA TT1 Build
View Single Post
post #42 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2014, 01:13 PM
cph

Garage
Hi Phil
Really enjoying this thread and thanks for sharing your info.. It has been very helpful with the mods I am doing to my 211 at present .. Quaife sequential and Dry sump .
Also looking to swap out the OEM radiator and really like your setup ... but just wondering about the sizes of the two rads.
The CC Rad in the pics is slightly shorter than the main water radiator which then results in the pre-rad end tanks obscuring some of the airflow to the either end of the core on the main water radiator. Would it not be better for both Rads to be the same size and not restrict the airflow .. or have i missed something here ?

The engine radiator is from Brent B. Very large rad that has been converted to single pass. We were careful to seal things up well to help ensure most all the air coming into the front of the car was forced through the radiators...

What thickness did you go to for the main Rad ..
I am thinking 50mm [single pass ] on the premise that more surface area gives more cooling.
Looking to upgrade the SC in the near future and will go to a CC Rad then .. but a bit concerned that if I make it to "thick" [ Rad 50 mm / CC Rad 35mm] this may actually impede airflow?

Appears also that you do away with OEM ducting surround completely or have you fabricated up another system to channel air out of the clam .. or is this not a concern ?
Some info I have shows ducting from the top of the cooling pack to the underside of the front clam is beneficial, as the low pressure created over the top of the front clam helps hugely to draw the airflow through the cooling pack.

Be interested to see what your setup is ..

p.s received the dry sump tank and swirl pot .. look great ..thanks

Last edited by cph; 01-22-2014 at 01:16 PM. Reason: added info

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome