LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community - View Single Post - Anyone near Tyler to help inspect an Elise?
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2014, 05:02 AM Thread Starter
JSC
Where's the onramp?

Inspecting Private owner elise

Well the elise is for sale by the original owner, 13k miles, clean carfax, sounds good from my discussions with him, and pics look good. He is located in Jacksonville Texas and there doesn't seem to be much around there, I was planning on flying out there next week to drive and hopefully buy it.

I was just looking for someone in the lotus sphere, or someplace nearby that he would be willing to take it for an inspection before I plunk down the cash. He said initially he had a mechanic who has never worked on the elise that could probably do it, but he doesn't want it put up on a lift, he's done his own oil changes. I get it, he doesn't want the car messed up by someone not familiar with it, and neither would I, but that leaves me to assess it alone and buy it on my own instincts and driving impressions.

I'd be driving it a couple hours to Austin and then shipping it back to fl. Oil line and ecu recall eligible but not done, nor radiator fluid replaced, tires replaced once, no info on brakes, pads, etc.

What do you think?

What about these national inspection companies, are they worth anything at all?

thanks, Jeff

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome