LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community - View Single Post - My NASA TT1 Build
View Single Post
post #56 of (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
turbophil
Plug Whisperer

Early Season Update

• Fixed the suspension geometry with EP drop 40mm uprights
  • Added very custom Penske Suspension (thank you Blackwach Racing)
  • Setup, Setup, Setup changes

Been hitting the local track days between NASA races for seat time and chassis setup. The car is getting a lot of track time this year for sure. Still feeling a bit ham-fisted and still over-braking, but not nearly as bad.

Race 3 was this weekend. We did well! Saturday and Sunday are two different events with two different track configurations: 2.1mi and 2.5mi tracks respectively (Heartland Park).

The event was full and lot of national talent there.

Greg Vannucci showed up with his V6 Exige (conversion) Cup car. He's certainly one of the best NASA racers in the country with a national championship under his belt among others. He's running TT2 and ST1 (W2W). Jim Lipari was there in his TTB Elise and I rounded it out in TT1.

It was absolutely spectacular to have all 3 Lotuses there not only win their respective classes but set track records on each day

I managed to set fast lap of the entire event on both days.

For HPT vets, I did a 1:38.1 on the 2.5mi corse and a 1:22.3 on the 2.1mi course.

Here's a quick vid of the 2.1mi course and a pic of all 3 happy Lotus owners!

-Phil
Attached Images

Phil: NASA 2012 and 2014 TT1 Central Champion, 2005 GG Elige, Rev400, 485+whp REV X

2011 Pearl White Evora, BOE Skunk Works 6 SPD 435WHP || 2014 Black Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP|| 2011 White Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP || 2006 CO Elise, Rev400, Steet Car

www.boefab.com: We Build Champions | Products-Service-Advice

BOE ClamHinge | BOE TVS SuperCharging, The Most Powerful Track-Worthy Forced Induction | EFI Engine Management | BOE The Essential Fuel Starve Solution| BOE Lotus Tow Package| BOE New-Tech Lotus Race Engines | The Right Oil Filter for Your Lotus | Custom Lotus ECU Tuning

Pain makes man Think. Thinking makes man Wise. Wisdom makes tracking a Lotus Endurable

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome