LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community - View Single Post - My NASA TT1 Build
View Single Post
post #58 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2014, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
turbophil
Plug Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkSol View Post
That is ABSOLUTELY flying...

As a personal reference point my best respective lap times with were a 1:52.62 on the long course and a 1:34.63 on the club course - both way back in 2009/2010 (my God has it been that long since I've been to the track?)

Phil has 10x more track miles and operates at a much, much higher level. He's got Titanium Balls! His car is also not his daily driver anymore

GREAT JOB PHIL!!!!
Thank you sir!

It takes a good bit of car to break 1:40 on the full course. I THINK the fastest lap ever by a "classed production car" was a 1:38.3 in a 997 Cup car driven by a pro driver... 'er atleast that was the story floating around the pits. If so, I just edged him out with my 38.1... That said, I'm sure that rumor isn't correct, and there's some other nutso production car that has done better (but in what class, I dunno!). That 38.1 is certainly a decent time to be sure. Looking at my data, there are plenty of places to improve by a good margin. Best theoretical lap on AIM was, well... embarrasing... lol... but we may be nearing the limits of my abilities! We're back there in October when the weather will be cooler and dryer-- looking forward to see what can be done then!

Honestly, the best part of the weekend was the Lotus sweep the three of us pulled off. I doudbt there will be many times that we will have 3 Lotus at one event, in 3 classes, with 2 course configs, and 6 lap records set all by Lotus!

-Phil

Phil: NASA 2012 and 2014 TT1 Central Champion, 2005 GG Elige, Rev400, 485+whp REV X

2011 Pearl White Evora, BOE Skunk Works 6 SPD 435WHP || 2014 Black Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP|| 2011 White Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP || 2006 CO Elise, Rev400, Steet Car

www.boefab.com: We Build Champions | Products-Service-Advice

BOE ClamHinge | BOE TVS SuperCharging, The Most Powerful Track-Worthy Forced Induction | EFI Engine Management | BOE The Essential Fuel Starve Solution| BOE Lotus Tow Package| BOE New-Tech Lotus Race Engines | The Right Oil Filter for Your Lotus | Custom Lotus ECU Tuning

Pain makes man Think. Thinking makes man Wise. Wisdom makes tracking a Lotus Endurable

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome