The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

24hrs of Le Mans

3K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  fitfan 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Omg i was hoping porsche would show up audi on that welcome back commercial but they got their asses handed to them by audi!

#9 ·
Meh. I thought they did really well (and they did) for first year in. They had pace, just not the ultimate reliability. Which takes a while to work up to. This was a herculean struggle of a race this year. I mean, to put it in perspective, just how much they all struggled, Audi replaced a _turbo_, during the race, on the winning car (their mechanics... man they busted ass this weekend). And Porsche was in the catbird seat with like 3 hours to go. Toyota just had **** luck early with the downpour. Hats off to Audi, Porsche and Toyota. Hell of a race.

#11 ·
clobbered? they were fighting for the win and while managing power loss.... i wouldn't call that anything close to clobbered, once they get either luck or reliability or both. their package is clearly able to win. and they did a fine showing with only 2 cars, clearly they went into this year to "test" not to win, and even still they looked like they might actually win.

i thought the new Lotus LMP car was going to be racing 24hrs?
there is no new lotus LMP1 car yet...

#12 ·
Yes very impressive by Porsche.

So nice to see various drive train formulae in competition. Unlike the cookie cutter in F1.

Hopefully I will live to see an Esprit GTE out there, even though Mr. Chapman swore never to return to LeMans.

#14 ·
the thing i noticed was the declining privateers, the like of marcos and such in the 2 GT categories.... times are tough i suppose!

i think Porsche is somewhat suffering from their own sales/marketing decisions in that class.... i am confused why there is not 918 there, but they are trying to so say the lmp1 is a "racing 918" ...yea right. meanwhile the mid engined production cars are technologically held back for marketing reasons.

porsche has built some of the best lmp cars of all time - i really like the rs spider. id like to get me one of those - looks rather robust and reasonably simple, not overly exotic. and those were winners.

anyways - i agree the "open regulations" at le mans are driving relevant innovation - while in F1 its just a test of which constructor can do systems integration of irrelevant parts.

and could alonso flag waving have been any more gay... come on man, at least wave the flag. did he take a tranquilizer before climbing up into the tower?

i would love to see ferrari leave F1 and focus on the endurance racing. that would be cool. but i can't see that ever happening. (in ferrari culture they are f1 and they let the other teams play too)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.