The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Bazooka, gPan, Schroth, dBrace etc

6K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  Tasracer 
#1 · (Edited)
So after getting my new to me
Track oriented Exige SC

I got time to put her on a lift in our top secret "team R&D facility"... (Farm shed)
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Supercar Lotus exige

Pulled the interior
And started to clean up the engine bay

Vehicle Car Auto part Supercar

Vehicle Auto part Engine Car Compact car

First question
What is this bracket in the pass footwell? Metal

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

See less See more
#8 ·
Today we do the gPan...motul oil... Tranny fluid flush, with motul ... Castrol SRF brake fluid
flush

And maybe soft top install if we have time

Too bad no driving till Monday as the oil pan swap requires 24-48 hrs for the liquid gasket to seal

#9 ·
recommend using Toyota FIPG for the gpan to seal it up.
Do a leak test before installing the pan using water. I had a pan that leaked due to a bad weld.
Also make sure that the oil drain plug won't leak and that the inside welds don't interfere with the plug seating.

Hope that helps!

#13 ·
Not being an ass but the wrap on your exhaust needs some help. Don't waste your time with that DEI junk or the stainless bands. Get a good brand like Morosso and use safety wire to secure it.

#20 ·
Very nice car and a good selection of mods! Looks like you are doing nice work on it.

What lift is that you have it on in post #3 ? I have read some about lifts on this site and it seems like most people think that kind will damage the bottom of the car. What was your experience with it?

#21 ·
Hey I was wondering why the Dbrace, I though that the exige's already had an improved solution there and it was not needed. Is this not the case? Would you recommend I get one for a car that sees autocross use and occasional track days on non slicks?

#22 ·
It depends on the model year and if your car has the track pack. However I would say one of the biggest benefits of an aftermarket solution is the use of heim joints instead of ball joints. I just got the SSC toe link upgrade even though my car had the track pack on it because every time I track the car - even on r888s- the ball joints get loose. Loose means more stress, fatigue and failure. The increased strength and no longer needing to constantly adjust is a huge benefit for me

#23 ·
I have an 07 S and it did not come with the track pack, but it has the track pack shocks on it. I think it does not have upgraded toe links, but when I am under it this weekend I will take some pictures so that I can be sure.

#24 ·
OK, if you have the '07 without the track pack, I would definitely suggest upgrading. Mine is also an '07 but as I mentioned it had the track pack. IIRC, track pack should've included the Bilstein singles, the thick yellow sway bars, and the harness bar. Someone else can correct me if there are any other dead giveaways.

Think about it like this: if you track your car, you should be replacing the ball joints every now and then anyway. Each time you do that, you're going to need to do a full alignment which - for me - costs about $300. Replacing the rear toe links with a better, beefier setup pays for itself over time. They are far more solid, and the peace of mind has value, too - it's relatively cheap insurance if you're on the track.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.