The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

South Florida Autocross/Track Events •Post Here•

32K views 250 replies 25 participants last post by  bluesight 
#1 · (Edited)
#29 ·
I got Black flagged on every session for one thing or another. Session 4 was a black flag for my helmet above the bar. I ran session 5 and 6 with the soft top on.

I like the open face for autocross but I may have to get full face for track. I know there's some new debate open vs. full face.

#30 ·
Jim

do not feel bad, getting the black flag thing out of the way early is good, the steward now knows you and will keep an eye on you to make sure you are safe and know the rules. I got black flaged too for an altercation with a 911 twin turbo, I lost a bit of session time but what the f-ck. Your in the game now, it only gets better.

#39 ·
Ugh... now here's my issue. The last event I went to, they failed me on tech-inspection, and said they'd let me run next time, but not to pre-register online for the next event...

Watch, I'll go out there Sunday and they'll be filled up with pre-registrations. That, or spend another $35...

What would you do? :rolleyes:

#40 ·
I got double billed in December for an ER event. I pre-regsistered with drivers regs and they billed me twice. I contacted "ER" and they promised credit for the next event. I never got it. Tried to collect a couple of times, no luck.

Pre-registration is the only way to go. Waiting in line for an hour (or longer) really sucks.

I'm definitely going this Sunday. I have to collect my first place trophy from the last event. Thanks again Trevor for hitting that cone.

#44 ·
April 19/30 Teen Sch/Evo Ph 1

Event Details
We wil be having a teen school on Saturday at the IRCC Indian River Community College location on the cfrsolo2.com website...this wil be for teens only and those with permits are allowed in. In your own car and cost is 200 for the day. All day from 8 am to app 4.
Sunday wil be our regular phase one and the cost is 240. All day long
All in your own cars.
Contact Jean Kinser-Dana at jean77@evolutionschool.biz or send check with contact info to address on the website- www.autocross.com/evolution
Minor Waivers will be required for all participants in the Teen school. They can be downloaded from www.scca.org and they will also be available at the site.
Peter

#47 ·
008 said:
Chris, did you get an Exige? If so are you bringing it?
No, it hasn't come in yet. Lotus UK screwed up and built my Exige without the track pack. We found out when it hit the port. The dealer re-ordered the car for me and it is in production. Bummer.

I can't bitch too much though, at least I still have my Elise. The Elise is a blast to track and I love running at Homestead. See you there tomorrow morning. :up:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.